9 replies to this topic

#1 CrystalNeko

CrystalNeko

Furu-Tenshi

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hello hello!!

Long time no speak! I haven't been here in years and I'm so sorry, it's hard for me to manage social media in general (but THANK YOU to those that follow me on my FB cos-page, I do notice you're from here and I love you for it~ <3333).

It's Arina's 20th anniversary of creating manga and I happen to be planning a trip to Japan for my 25th birthday later this year (October!) and I heard there's a special exhibition/cafe for Arina that's running currently!
https://www.facebook...?type=3
https://www.facebook...?type=3

Unfortunately, I can't find much else information about it despite my searching through various pages on google. The original page is from Taiwan and I wonder if it's actually based there, but the pictures show the prices and text to be in Yen/Japanese, so I would've thought this would be in Japan somewhere.

If anyone can help play detective for me then I would be eternally grateful as I would hate to find out I missed out on going despite being in Japan during this time! If it's gone, then that's fine, at least I tried searching for information :)

(If no one comments then that's also fine, I tried my best at least lol)

Still thinking of you guys~~

- Fi

#2 BrokenWingedRadiance

BrokenWingedRadiance

Easter Dave

• Admin
  • 8,765 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:07 AM

Heyyy! I will see what I can find and get in touch :)

Edit: Messaged you. I think the event has already passed, dates say DEC 17th > JAN 5. :(

blogentry-695-0-13125100-1431466481.png

[entry='77']Latest Blog Entry: There's no smoke without fire... unless you use smokeless coal[/entry]

♥ QUOTES HALL OF FAME ♥

I MAY BE AN ATTENTION WHORE, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M A SHOW-OFF!! - Chiibi

Your hair mesmerises me like a swaying pendulum - Fevs & BWR

#3 Chiibi

Chiibi

Takuto owns you

• Members
  • 2,767 posts
  • Location:where ever Mitsuki and Takuto are, taking lots of pictures XD

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

BWR is correct. The event took place in the Tokyo Skytree, the tallest building in the world

The good news is pretty much all of those new goods can be found on eBay. :FMFMOMG:

Japan is amazing though. Yours truly can give you excellent advice on where to shop and stoof to do ♥

#4 Natsuka

Natsuka

Bronze

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

Hi Fi, I'm planning to go to Japan at the end of next month, too (October). If you discover any Tanemura related events or specials for late October/ early November, please lmk. Also, if you know of places to shop for Tanemura goods, I would appreciate any guidance. I'll mainly be in Tokyo, but I'm open to traveling outside of Tokyo, too. Thanks!

#5 CrystalNeko

CrystalNeko

Furu-Tenshi

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Hey Natsuka!

Oh gosh, we're gonna be there around the same time!! Are you over for Halloween? That's when I'll be in Tokyo as I'm spending the earlier half of my trip in Kyoto :)

The only thing Arina related in Japan was the exhibition in July. I've literally heard of nothing else around October/November time which makes me sad :((((

https://www.odigo.jp...-arina-tanemura

#6 Chiibi

Chiibi

Takuto owns you

• Members
  • 2,767 posts
  • Location:where ever Mitsuki and Takuto are, taking lots of pictures XD

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

Hi Fi, I'm planning to go to Japan at the end of next month, too (October). If you discover any Tanemura related events or specials for late October/ early November, please lmk. Also, if you know of places to shop for Tanemura goods, I would appreciate any guidance. I'll mainly be in Tokyo, but I'm open to traveling outside of Tokyo, too. Thanks!

GO TO MANDARAKE AND ANIMATE.

Animate has a whole Idolish 7 section. XD

#7 Galamiel

Galamiel

Bronze

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:47 AM

Hi guys,

The 20th anniversary exhibition is at Komatsu (near Kaga Onsen) in November. I think it takes about 1.5h from Kyoto via the local rapid train service.

Website in Japanese
https://www.breakpri...inatanemura20th

Merchandise
https://www.breakprize.com/goods

If you are an Idolish7 fan:
-AGF 2017 (Tokyou) November 3 & 4
-2nd anniversary shop (Fukuoka) Nov 4 & 5

#8 Ariange

Ariange

Forever Awkward

• Members
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

Hi guys,

The 20th anniversary exhibition is at Komatsu (near Kaga Onsen) in November. I think it takes about 1.5h from Kyoto via the local rapid train service.

Website in Japanese
https://www.breakpri...inatanemura20th

Merchandise
https://www.breakprize.com/goods

If you are an Idolish7 fan:
-AGF 2017 (Tokyou) November 3 & 4
-2nd anniversary shop (Fukuoka) Nov 4 & 5

The exhibition's being repeated? That's awesome. 

Of course I can't actually GO but that means more admiring the merch and gallery from afar *V* (also the cafe food from last time was fun)

I hope you guys can make it though! :) 

nz3tH3H.gif

#9 CrystalNeko

CrystalNeko

Furu-Tenshi

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

GO TO MANDARAKE AND ANIMATE.

Animate has a whole Idolish 7 section. XD

Already went and got some Idolish 7 stuff! No non-I7 Arina stuff though, RIP xD

I saw her artbooks but I already owned them hahaaa.

I didn't get to go to her exhibition unfortunately!! I knew about it whilst out there, alas my rail pass had already run out and from Tokyo it was like £100 one way and I couldn't justify it for one exhibition :c

I hope next time I go there's something around at decent enough timings, if it started one week before I would've been able to make it as I'd have had my rail pass still active ;A;

#10 Natsuka

Natsuka

Bronze

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

Thank you everyone for the info! Unfortunately, I didn't have as much time to do anime goods shopping as I would have liked (K-Books stores were all closed on my last day in Japan), but I did get a chance to speedwalk through a couple of Animate stores. I saw the ad for the Tanemura Arina 20th anniversay celebration, but it started after I left Japan. Sad to miss ='(.

I'm already hoping to go back to Japan next year, and I'm considering not taking any in-person classes like this time, so I won't be limited in how long I'll get to stay in Japan ^-^v (but if I get a full-time job again, then I'll be limited by vacation time =/...hmm priorities lol).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users