Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maron Kusakabe

Need opinion on a cosplay!

So I've said this before but I'm creating Kaitou Jeanne (most likely for Tekkoshocon in April) and I've run into a few dilemmas.

1. I own a pink kimono. I could very easily shorten it and use it for Jeanne. BUT obviously hers is white. Should I make a new one that's white or use the pink one?

2. I bought some supplies recently that I am going to use to make the earrings. The only problem is that my ears aren't pierced and will never be pierced. And I am NOT going as Jeanne without her earrings. So, can you guys think of any solutions?

3. I made a cross a while ago - BUT it's a simple cross, the edges are not curved like Jeanne's in the manga [which is the cross I want, pictured]. Should I remake it? [i probably will anyway but I want opinions.]

Thanks for all your help~ I'm hoping to make this cosplay my best one yet!!

jeanne.jpg

I have never cosplayed before, but I hope it helps.

1. What shade of pink is your kimono? If it's light pink/pale pink, I don't think you need to make another one. A pink kimono would fit nicely with the cosplay (http://kkj.firesenshi.com/gallery/artbook/a-45.jpg)

Unless you want an accurate look, of course.

2. Have you tried magnetic earrings yet? I don't know if it works (http://www.weddingcometrue.com/magnetic-earrings/)

3. I think you should remake it ^^' or adapt the edges, if it's possible.

Isn't there a way that you can dye the Kimono white? Or just buy a new one.

You can make clip-on earrings, or get magnetic ones like it is said above.

I think if you make another cross you could make your cosplay look much better ^^

>

And my kimono is a very light shade of pink. And it could possibly work...I also thought about dying it. Though I never actually thought about buying one - I'll probably make another one. Because my gloves are PURE WHITE and it would most likely clash... Your opinions made me decide that I want a white one. *nods*

As for the cross, I'll remake it. Because it was pretty shabby work, I must say. Though I can always take off the makeshift jewel from the center and reuse it - unless I want an actual jewel... Will look into that too.

Thanks you guys for responding! :o *hugs everyone*

Heya! Haven't been on here in ages, been busy, haven't really had time to browse either (hopefully busy-ness will die down soon, I hate not being able to browse around sites like these ;_; ) but I think I can help you out with this :'D

Though it seems you have it all sussed out anyway xD;;;; I can help out a bit more on the earrings though.

1) You can't dye lighter. At least you can't dye it to white. However you can try bleaching it but be very careful with bleach because obviously it's not safe to breathe in.

Simplicity does a very simple kimono pattern to follow so it wouldn't be too hard to make from scratch, although I do know from experience that it does take up a lot of fabric due to the size of those sleeves! But if you're doing what BWR suggested and buying a new kimono anyway then it'd probably end up costing around the same amount.

2) Yes I did use double sided sticky tape. It worked for mine but there are other ways. You can use spirit gum which is meant for skin, it's inexpensive as well - although please make sure to buy the removal solution otherwise it can damage your skin (although I hear warm water works for getting it off but the solution is the best way).

3) You've already decided to remake LOL XD.