Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Syun-chan

New Arina Series in Margaret Magazine

New Arina Series in Margaret Magazine

Arina Tanemura is going to start a new manga series in Margaret magazine, based around the music group, Fudanjuku. The series is set to debut in the 16th issue of Margaret, which will be released on July 20, 2011.

Here are some links to articles mentioning her new series; the ones in French and Spanish also mention Fudanjuku. (Just use Google Translate to read those two.)

(I'll add more info as I find it. Also, a bit of info about Fudanjuku can be found in this thread.)

Update: June 17, 2011

Tokyohive has published an article with pictures from the new series!

Yes, thanks for the info!!!

But, uhm, I was wondering....if she's starting a new series, does that mean that SHK's done? I mean, it would make sense since #1:SHK's relatively long and #2: she seems to do enough work now, so if she were to do 2 series her head would probably explode or something. But on the other hand, I haven't heard anything about it ending (not that I'm in the know or anything) so...... :ppsmile:

It's hard to know for sure what will happen with her current series... It may be possible for her to balance both, at least for a while. But we really don't know yet. For me, it doesn't seem like a big deal for SHK to end, because it is fairly long running already. I just wouldn't want it to end too abruptly.

I'm pretty sure Margaret and Ribon have different release schedules, though...

Anyway, it's true that the release date is coming closer, so we should have more info very soon. I may decide to pick up the magazine at Kinokuniya. Just the issue it debuts in, though. Then I'll collect the volumes when they're out. I can give updates, but I won't scan it because that wouldn't be allowed. (Am I allowed to take a picture of one or two pages, like the cover and the first page? Just asking.)

Oh ok, thank you!!! :ppsmile:

To be honest, as much as I ahdore SHK, I wouldn't mind it ending because, like you said, the length of the story. I agree that it shouldn't end too abruptly (again, like you said) with something like, "blah happened and blah happened and they all lived happily ever after, the end".

...Really excited for new series now!!!

Hmmm... I do wonder how she'll balance the new series. All the more fun for us, I suppose. :ppsmile:

K-K-K-KESKY!! YOU'RE BACK?! *Acts like she has seen a ghost*

We missed you! :)

And, There should be more news released about this soon! I am excited!

Yeah :D

I've recently returned :)

I'm glad to be back

THE FIRST PICTURES FROM THE NEW SERIES HAVE BEEN REVEALED.

CHECK THE FIRST POST'S UPDATES FOR THE LINK TO THE ARTICLE!

I'm just glad I stalk tokyohive's Twitter - I wouldn't have noticed the article if it wasn't for that! XD

I'm so excited... As a fan of both Tanemura and Fudanjuku, before this was even announced... I'm just so excited.

OHMUHGAWD

Syun-chan, thanks so much for finding the info and THE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!

To be perfectly, totally, and completely honest, I wasn't completely ecstatic about the concept at first, but now I'm super excited ^_^

*squeals*

LOL I'm just glad you guys are excited about this. XD Still a bit over a month before we'll get the actual manga, though.

LOL you're welcome... XD Seriously though, you're all lucky I stalk tokyohive's Twitter account like a... Well like a stalker with no life. XD

This looks like it is going to be a really cool series, even though I have no idea who these people are. I just hope she'll continue with SHK as well.

Same here-- I really do hope SHK won't be put on hiatus or anything of the sort.

This looks like it is going to be a really cool series, even though I have no idea who these people are. I just hope she'll continue with SHK as well.

Same here-- I really do hope SHK won't be put on hiatus or anything of the sort.

This totally contradicts with one of older posts, but after some thought, I must agree! *luhves magical girlies to death*

I don't want SHK to end yet either... But in all honesty, if at some point she ends up having to drop one series, I want her to drop SHK for this. I know it sounds mean, but I'm a fan of Fudanjuku, and have been a fan before this manga was announced. And I'm really excited to see how things turn out with this.

EDIT:

Apparently, unless I'm reading this wrong, there will be no BL in this. That sucks.

Source: Arina Tanemura's Tweet. Doesn't get too much more official.