Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Access Time

Migration Somewhat Complete

This site should now be functional. Although if you have any problems or notice anything odd, please let me or another staff member know so we can look into it.

• Upvote 1

I haven't had the opportunity to look around yet, but I like the sleek new look! I'm sad about the pink and the logo banners, but it really is a nice new site x3 Hopefully we are able to create a new skin, soon, but there's no rush. Its the people on the site I'm more interested in, anyways~

The Blogs and Chat aren't working for me~ Are they still in the midst of being updated?? :3

Yes, unfortunately I was hoping to get the migration done before this weekend because I have a lot to do this weekend, but I will be configuring the addon softwares soon.

I'm glad all our user info transferred over, as well~

Yep, that was first thing BWR and I checked when looking into this conversion was to see if we would be able to convert from our old board and IPS actually did it for us. I'm currently very pleased with IPS customer service, hundreds of times better than what 1&1 has been giving and soon I shall be fully away from 1&1.

To be 100% honest, I like the old look better... I might change my mind once I get used to this, though. I'm sure it's a matter of time. (Maybe it's just because I really like the color pink, and blue drives me crazy, for various reasons. LOL)

Anyway, the look itself is not bad, I'm sure I'll learn to like it!

The move didn't take nearly as long as I expected, so I'm happy about that. (Then again I have no idea how long this stuff should take, but I was kinda expecting like a whole week or something, so I'm relieved to see things are more or less done already, in terms of general forum functionality.)

@Syun--

I agree, I'm gonna miss the old look. Maybe we can figure out a way to add skins or something?

May be able to get a pink one in here soon. Although won't be too terribly fancy for a while until we get used to the new HTML.

*pants* Finally got the site to let me log in! *huffs* I though I'd never see you all again ^^" (everything I pressed automatically got me back to the old site, dunno why, lol) Anyways, I luhve the new site :) Seeing the Mitsuki head made my day ^_^

DNS Resolution issue, your computer was storing information telling it that arinafans.com is server x when it needed to be told that it's now server y.

Oh ok, I see ^_^ (well, I don't understand completely, but I blame my stupidity) , thanks! I thought something went terribly wrong or you guys didn't want me here.....or something (my imagination's too active D:) Anyways, the new site's great!

EDIT: I feel really stupid for asking this, but a little whil after I posted this, the site sent me back to the old one, and it took me a while to get back. Again, i feel really dumb, but if I can ask, is there a way to prevent that from happening again? :unsure: ( I feel so needy DX;; )

Oh ok, I see ^_^ (well, I don't understand completely, but I blame my stupidity) , thanks! I thought something went terribly wrong or you guys didn't want me here.....or something (my imagination's too active D:) Anyways, the new site's great!

EDIT: I feel really stupid for asking this, but a little whil after I posted this, the site sent me back to the old one, and it took me a while to get back. Again, i feel really dumb, but if I can ask, is there a way to prevent that from happening again? :unsure: ( I feel so needy DX;; )

Hmm, you may have the same problem that BWR had, you don't happen to use AVG as an anti-virus software do you?

There is a pink skin now available, please perform some testing on it before I set it to default. Skins on this new software can be changed in a dropdown way at the bottom of the main page.

Hmm, you may have the same problem that BWR had, you don't happen to use AVG as an anti-virus software do you?

I'm....not quite sure, actually XD I'll check, though. It seems to be working fine now, thank goodness (but I might've just jinxed myself there) It usually works after I play around and wait for a bit, so everything should be OK. Again, thanks a bunch for the help!! :)

I'm actually wondering... Why exactly did we move? I mean, I don't really have any huge problems with it, but it'd be nice to know the reason...

Somehow it feels like ATFC became like all those other forums out there, the same kind of look. Before, it was really unique, with a layout that nobody else had. Like I said, I think I just need time to get used to things... But I do wonder why we gave it up?

I was gonna edit this into my other post but now that someone else posted I didn't want to confuse anyone.

Sign in to follow this