Forums
Access Time

Looking for Logos

Can someone tell me if mine is good or not? I'll make it transparent when I get the okay... But nobody commented on mine.

Can someone tell me if mine is good or not? I'll make it transparent when I get the okay... But nobody commented on mine.

Concept is good, character is a little blurry, and the background needs to be transparent.

^2

I already said I KNOW it has to be transparent. (Please don't tell me again what I clearly stated I already know...)

How can I make the character not blurry? I used a big image, like, really big. I feel like if I use the sharpen tool, then it makes the image lower quality.

I need better images to work with, but nobody told me where to find any, even though I asked.

Don't say anime paper. That's where I found this one.

EDIT:

Okay well I decided to try and use the sharpen tool anyway. Here is what I came up with:

fullmoon_1_b.png

Also, I decided to make one with that image above:

haine_1.png

AS I SAID, I will make it transparent once I get the okay that it's good enough.

• Upvote 1

That Maron picture is SO CUTE, Sweetie!! :D He he he.

And I like the first Full Moon image you used, Syun-chan~ :) I think it looks great, definitely not as blurry! And your second one is pretty too~ It just feels small to me? But that's my opinion. >

^2

I already said I KNOW it has to be transparent. (Please don't tell me again what I clearly stated I already know...)

How can I make the character not blurry? I used a big image, like, really big. I feel like if I use the sharpen tool, then it makes the image lower quality.

I need better images to work with, but nobody told me where to find any, even though I asked.

Don't say anime paper. That's where I found this one.

EDIT:

Okay well I decided to try and use the sharpen tool anyway. Here is what I came up with:

fullmoon_1_b.png

Also, I decided to make one with that image above:

haine_1.png

AS I SAID, I will make it transparent once I get the okay that it's good enough.

I'm not able to properly test them for inclusion without the transparent background. Top one is good on the blurriness factor now though, Text glow would be nicem but I can't test it for inclusion without the transparency.

All I am asking is, are the characters looking good enough? I will make it transparent once I know that much.

Besides, I've never added a glow in Gimp, I'm not sure how.

EDIT:

Well I just tried to add a glow, but I couldn't find the right tool. Instead, I duplicated the "text" layer, applied a blur, and then colored it.

So I have 2 versions of each now.

Here:

fullmoon_1_b_transparent.png

fullmoon_1_b_transparent_glow.png

haine_1_transparent.png

haine_1_transparent_glow.png

Please just let me know if it's okay...

...You know, I really wish we could be more creative with these. I miss the old banner type since we could add whatever we wanted, and were really pushed to give it our all with an original design. This seems like... Grunt work. No offense, I just... I like to be creative.

To use the glow effect in GIMP, go Filters>Light and Shadow>Drop Shadow and then change the X and Y (the first two) to "0". Unselect "allow resizing" and then confirm. I'm pretty sure that's how its done...

To use the glow effect in GIMP, go Filters>Light and Shadow>Drop Shadow and then change the X and Y (the first two) to "0". Unselect "allow resizing" and then confirm. I'm pretty sure that's how its done...

All I am asking is, are the characters looking good enough? I will make it transparent once I know that much.

Besides, I've never added a glow in Gimp, I'm not sure how.

EDIT:

Well I just tried to add a glow, but I couldn't find the right tool. Instead, I duplicated the "text" layer, applied a blur, and then colored it.

So I have 2 versions of each now.

Here:

fullmoon_1_b_transparent.png

fullmoon_1_b_transparent_glow.png

haine_1_transparent.png

haine_1_transparent_glow.png

Please just let me know if it's okay...

...You know, I really wish we could be more creative with these. I miss the old banner type since we could add whatever we wanted, and were really pushed to give it our all with an original design. This seems like... Grunt work. No offense, I just... I like to be creative.

Yeah still trying to figure out a way that we can have more complex banners and make it still look good with the new style of header. Although if you want you could try creating on that transitions properly to transparent on the right.

Hahaa...here's my attempt to add some effects >.>

Fortune1.png

Fortune2.png (You can't see this one, because its white.... >.> )

Fortune3.png

Fortune4.png

I think that the new logos, while simple and not very artistic, more or less just cropping and glowing, are good enough for the time being ^^ It'd be nice if more creativity could be added....but when they're so small, its kind of difficult D:

EDIT: Oh, I know! To see the white one, I can do this:

Fortune2.png
Edited by Sweetie-chan
  • Upvote 1

I can't tell if those look good or not since I can't see them against the colored background they'd be on... Maybe save a version with the background, just for preview purposes?

Hahaa...here's my attempt to add some effects >.>

Fortune1.png

Fortune2.png (You can't see this one, because its white.... >.> )

Fortune3.png

Fortune4.png

I think that the new logos, while simple and not very artistic, more or less just cropping and glowing, are good enough for the time being ^^ It'd be nice if more creativity could be added....but when they're so small, its kind of difficult D:

EDIT: Oh, I know! To see the white one, I can do this:

Don't suppose you have a .psd for that third one so I can pull the name a little further.

Ahaa...I don't know how to attach files >.>

You'll need to use the full editor instead of the quick reply.

I still don't see an attach file...ahh!

Click on the reply button right below this post, then there should be a button labeled "Click to Attach Files" it should be there now I fixed the issue that was causing it to not appear.

Sweetie-AngelCollab.png

Alright, I'll get on the ZIP....but for the moment, this is a collaborative work me and ArinaAngel did by emailing the file back and forth and making adjustments together!! :D I find its much more fun to do things like this with another person x3 It adds some excitement beyond sitting at my laptop working on it alone~

• Upvote 4