Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sweetie Angel

Merry Christmas!

christmas-comments-159.gif

I dunno if anyone else had plans to do something like this already... (If there's some grand admin plans already, you can kick me :MLPSweetie: )

But I was thinking, we could do something similar to what BWR hosted last Valentine's Day! A gift exchange!!! :D Except, so as to not completely mooch off of BWR's idea, and to stir it up a little, I've created four different categories! You can sign up for one, two, three or all of them, but if you don't create a gift for one of them, you won't receive a gift for that one!

1. Avatar Exchange - Very obvious! You sign up for this, receive the name of a user, and make a specialized avatar for them x3 It has to be something that you know they will enjoy, and it must have their username or a nickname on it. Otherwise, there are no limitations!

2. Wallpaper Exchange - This one is a little more difficult. If you sign up, you have to provide your desktop dimensions (in pixels, please. If you aren't sure, just screenshot your desktop and include that, and I'll do the math for you ^_^ ). Then you will be given another user to design a piece of desktop artwork for! Like the avatar exchange, make sure it's something they'll like, but the username isn't necessary x3

3. Creative Writing Exchange - If you sign up for this one, you just have to write something for the user you're given! It can be a haiku, short poem, short story, etc. If you want, you can even write a song and sing it for them! ;D

4. Christmas Card Exchange - The easiest...you don't have to go all out GIMP/Photoshop on us for this one! You can simply find a template on Google or some other engine that you find humorous/entertaining/heartwarming, and give that to your specified user ^_^ (Of course, if you WANT to work extra hard, go ahead xP Make sure you let me know though, so I can properly credit you!)

Rules:

- Nothing obscene, obviously. But I trust ya'll!

- If you sign up, and cannot finish on time, please let me know BEFORE Christmas so I can work something else out for the would-be receiver.

- Please don't complain or try to persuade me to give you a new user. I will be using a random generator to match you off, and I don't think there's anyone who is alienated from anyone on ATFC.

- Umm, more to come if my idea proves to be NOT well thought out... :MLPSweetie:

Syun-chan

Truth-chan

ArinaAngel

Faizumi

Princess Kyoko

Syun-chan [1680 x 1050]

BrokenWingedRadiance [1280 x 1024]

ArinaAngel

Feather Angel

Nekugirl

Truth-chan

Faizumi

Princess Kyoko

Syun-chan

Truth-chan

Bluelionheart

ArinaAngel

Maron Kusakabe

Faizumi

Princess Kyoko

• Upvote 4

I'll sign up for 1, 3, and 4. I'm not good with wallpapers... DX This looks fun, by the way! May I use this idea for another forum? (I'll tweak it a bit, so I won't be copying you. I'll also give credit if you want!)

I was posting while it was moved and got so confused after XD;;

Hmmmm..

I think I'll be extra greedy this Christmas and sign up for them ALL :D

On second thought, life's been a heck of a ride lately....so how about 1, 2, and 4......? Is that alright?

@Sweetie: Just to clarify, will this be kinda like Secret Santa and teh gift giving will be done in secret, or is it just an exchange?

Should we put up a list of likes and dislikes so the person making something for us knows? I know there are certain things I don't like, and I'm sure everyone has something they're rather not put in their avatar or on their desktop wallpaper, for example.

Neku - Thanks! :D Got you down. :MLPSweetie:

Truth-chan - Thank you! And of course, you can use the idea ^_^ Its not a very original idea, so I don't think I need to be credited for it....

Blue - Of course :) Thanks! :MLPSweetie:

Wifey - Awww thanks for the faith!! As long as we get at least three per category, it should go without a hitch ^_^

Angel-chan - Hahah, that would be confusing, hm? Added you for those three~ Also, yes, it will be in secret *shhhhh* Further instructions will be included when I PM you with your giftee's username!!

Syun-chan - Good idea!! Yep, that's good. All of you should do that, unless you just don't care at all. But you probably all have some things you would HATE or LOVE. So I'll leave it to you to post those or PM them to me, and I'll forward them to your Santa(s).

Sent you the info on my lines and dislikes. =)

Also, to whoever does my wallpaper, my laptop dimensions are:

1680 x 1050

and that is the computer I use, so that is the dimensions I will need. =)

Thanks, Sweetie! :) Question, should we send hints with the gifties to help with the guessing (and make it just that much more fun heehe) or is ATFC a bit too close a community to do that without giving it all away easily? XD

Well.....hmm.....maybe a riddle would be fun! I think, perhaps, everyone can examine their gifts and try to figure out who it was from, but if they don't, we can send them hints!! xD

I wish I could do all four but I definitely don't have time for that.

So.... sign me up for just number 4 for now. :3 I should have time to do that before Christmas!

I wish I could do all four but I definitely don't have time for that.

So.... sign me up for just number 4 for now. :3 I should have time to do that before Christmas!

Of course, Maron!! :D

Just a question... When do we find out who we are making for...?

Because I don't think it's good to wait too long to start up, since it takes some time to make things. (I should hope people put in a fair amount of time and effort. I know I won't just take an image and slap on a filter and text and call it finished. lol) I just want to make sure everyone has time. =) So is there an estimate of when this will be starting? (Like, when do we find out who we are making for...?)

I'll make sure you all have more than a week. Most likely, early next week I'll have things sorted out ^_^

I'm working on a timeline right now...basically, you'll have the day you get your giftee(s) coming up within the next five days, I think, and then about three days before Christmas is the confirmation date that you're getting it done (If you haven't even started or think you won't finish by this time, I'll need to know so I can arrange their gift myself), and then I'll need all of them submitted by Christmas Eve so I can get them sent out on time ^_^

x3 It's fun being the organizer~ Only sad part is I don't get to participate unless someone fails to complete it on time and I do it for them TT^TT

Anyone else want to sign up for two and three??? :MLPSweetie: I can work with just three, but four people is even better, because then you don't have a circle.... ^^''

Sign in to follow this