Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JewelFireHeart

OMG WHAT??!! This couple-

ALLEGEDLY. APPARENTLY. THIS MAY NOT BE TRUE BUT (IN VOLUME TEN) (READ AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Hayate sees Rurijou bathing while he is in frog form. He likes what he sees. Rurijou turns Hayate back into a human. And they fall in love. Kohaku gets rejected. Rurijou gets abandoned by Enju because of her relationship with Hayate.

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!

Does anyone else know of this!??!?!

My best friend moved to Japan a couple of years ago... and we skype and Facetime frequently.

THANKS A BUNCH, MIMI.

Totally didn't spoil aaaanything.

@Jewel: don't worry, I fixed the spoiler tag for you. It was cluttered with different codings so it wasn't reading it properly. For next time, just keep it to the spoiler tag coding. You don't need the crazy font stuff to spice it up. It will only confuse the web page~

as for the spoiler.....

um..yes. This is confirmed. Rurijou and Hayate start hanging around each other more and grow closer. As a result Kohaku's relationship with Hayate is strained. I've been keeping up with the latest chapters so I know this for a fact XD

And then Viz will (probably) have to switch off the cover art for vol 10 and (probably) curse our beloved tree friend out for being (probably) nakie again...

^I'm sorry, I find this amusing XD

I tried writing vague, but the following still feels spoiler-y to me, so I'm going to tag it as such.

Not sure how I feel about this couple; it totally caught me by surprise (I guess it was barely alluded in, what, somewhere in volume 7, when Rurijou blushes? XD I guess that sorta means it was at least planned :P *shot*). Just...wow. When you see the two meeting at first I was like, 'WELL, THAT'S THE END OF THE LINE FOR HIM', but then they develop feelings while I am off widening my eyes and going, 'BAHAHA Tree/rockXFrogXMagicalNinja *immature giggle snort*'.

I'm not against the couple, I don't think, because while I did like Kohaku and Hayate together, this leaves Enju More Alone and Pathetic XD And pushes Kohaku. And I am a sucker for forbidden romance as long as it doesn't involve cats.

Seriously, though, I did find it kind of out of the blue, and while I don't necessarily dislike it in-story, it's not The Best Thing that Arina's ever pulled, romance-wise. It makes everything a heck of a lot less predictable though. Before, I had the triangles grouped in neat piles and everything, but now it's a web of Shuri and Kohaku, Kohaku and Hayate,, Hayate and Rurijou, Rurijou and Enju, etc.

Also, when Rurijou has Hayate all chained up and Arina was cruel enough to end up chapter there with them (and the whole Sakura and emperor thing, which is something I'd totally like to rant about, especially regarding the aftermath of what Enju did to the emperor and how I totally thought Sakura got framed...but that's for another time.), props to her for making me go on an emotional roller coaster, need to say.

YES.... :FMTakutosweatdrop: I know this "couple" and I F*CKING HATE IT WITH A PASSION!! :FMTakutorage:

Arina....come on, this is just plain retarded. I know you can do better than this!!

though I guess it's better than UshioxSenri and EichixMitsuki put together lol This one is at least somewhat cute....but the execution is such BS. Hayate's logic: "I saw her naked and she is sexy-I MUST BE IN LOVE"

*bashes head on wall*

KID, STOP THINKING WITH YOUR ****. IT'S LUST!! IT'S ONLY LUST! YOU LOVE KOHAKU AND ONLY KOHAKU!!

We've made it to ten volumes and this is the first time Arina really disappointed me...so that's still pretty good. If Arina shows Hayate realizing it was only lust, she will redeem herself.

--and gosh knows whatever'll happen to poor Shuri romance-wise.

Edit: Okay. Well. Just caught up on chapter 45. That changes EVERYTHING gjbfunb. *can't process any emotion*

Guess it may be Kohaku and Hayate afterall.

Unless they die, too.

I decode read Chinese scans when they come out *is ashamed to say*

I can't read Japanese to save my life XD I once talked Parental Unit into teaching me but I got bored in 10 minutes flat XD

I can't say where I get the scans though, sorry; site rules.

I should be getting my Ribon soon so I'll do a summary after I read it if anyone wants. XD

Nor is failing at Chinese and dictionary searching and Parental Unit asking and traditional Chinese cursing.

That'd be so nice if you did, Chibi

Ah, Chiibi, I'm pretty sure that will be the case.

Loyal, cute, Kohaku will almost definitely get a happy ending~

I really hope that is the case... Arina is always full of surprises, though.... I'll wait and see....

BWAAAA~~~~

I can kinda sorta read traditional Chinese....

But I'm more of a simplified person >_

Same here :) HAHA ACTUALLY NO. I SUCK AT BOTH XD. I just mostly..guess XD

Hahahaha, I'm Chinese so I just read the manga scans. :) But no, when I first saw what happened, I was like, "WTF WTF WTF WTF NOT COOL!!!!!!" But now I really don't like Hayate and I think he hasn't really done anything, so I'm rooting for Shuri, the awesome selfless one who ACTUALLY loves Kohaku. Hayate just fell in lust with her. I actually sympathize with Rurijo though...

I'm sooo pissed. Hayate only saw Rurijo naked and now he thinks he's totally in love? I've kinda lost respect for him.

And poor Kohaku get rejected. I hope hope there's like some weird six month story lapse and everyone goes off and

trains and Kohaku comes back looking gorgeous. That'll be a HUGE middle finger in Hayate's face. But of course this is

just my overactive imagination talking. *Waaah* for Kohaku

LOOOL I'm so far behind... volume 10... XD That's ages off for me... Well better get caught up then... XD

I've been lazy. orz

I'll probably just sit down and read the entire thing sometime soon.

I usually hate spoilers but I guess this will make it more interesting...? Well that's cool. I'm more interested in going back now so yay.

i have no idea whats going on ;w; but from the parts ive read so far (volumes 1 and 2) i ship kohaku x hayate, so i hope they are canon in the end :3 so far my favourite character is aoba :DD i think i'll read some now actually xDD only 9 of the volumes are translated on websites D;

If you can like Aoba after the 3rd chapter..you'll really like Aoba as he gets developed more Mitsuki XD ;D.

I think it does make the story more interesting, but I wish it tied in more to the main story...and that it'd been Shuri to help Hayate D: (because that was almost the whole purpose of the fling...right...>

Anyway, for what does happen at the end:

Rurijou confesses to Enju after trying to /kill/ him and having it backfire, resulting in her death. (

Kohaku has to choose between Shuri and Hayate in the last chapter--choosing as in choosing who to /marry/. Hayate confirms his love, saying "she's the 'only one' after everything that's happened" this 'only one' stuff..he is taking cues from Ukyo, while Shuri says that since he's betrayed the village, he can't return, but he will someday because Kohaku's there.

I'm not sure if Arina ever reveals who Kohaku ends up with because HAHAISUCKATTHISLANGUAGE (which is also to blame if I got anything wrong :(), but Kohaku's last shown hugging them both and that's totally good enough for me. Hayate would've been the more obvious choice if the whole 'first guy that appears in the story' principle applies, but Shuri's not a bad candidate and an earlier scene made me like them together a bit more XD. I think this is one of the first times Arina's put couples up to interpretation..it's cool :D.

I'm hoping we get some little side stories in volume 12 about who Kohaku DOES choose because yes, it's unclear.

I'm 100% sure it'll be Hayate though. XD She doesn't seem to think of Shuri quite as much as him.

• Upvote 1

dsfjksdkjfhasas im on chapter twenty-five-or-something now xDDD

i still love aoba but my favourite is shuri for now, i love him i love him i love him ;w;

but i still ship hayate x kohaku, i just find shuri adorable ;u;

i hate rurijou though, i wanted to yell "YOU BITCH" so many times >:[ whatever happens, if her and hayate end up canon i'll be totally pissed.

i was up late reading, then when i had to turn the computer off i begged my sister to go on her iphone to read more on it xD my opinions on the characters might change as i read more though :B butfornowimjustgonnaloveshuri OuO

._.

I adore Rurijou. She's so much more interesting than Sakura. She may be a bitch at first...but she's a sympathetic bitch....and she gets a lot less bitchy later on.

Of course I'm Team Kohaku when it comes to Hayate though.

im definitely team kohaku x hayate too >:3 but i hope shuri is happy in the end ;u;

;~; i dont like rurijou or enju so far, they're on my bad list right now .__.

i did like enju when the story started though.... i thought he was a good person.... not anymore xD

that reminds me of a submission i got once:

tumblr_m9d9p4cf4S1redcwwo1_500.jpg

O.o?

it really irked me when aoba tried to seduce rurijou to try and capture her, before i kept thinking "bloody hell you're 14?!15?" my age :o and he kept mentioning something about sleeping with sakura, i thought it was kinda strange x3 or was that allowed in that time period? O.o

i feel bad that i like it when something bad happens to rurijou ;~; i got annoyed at her blush when hayate gave her back her finger :[ this makes me a bad person right? i cant help but not like her which is wierd because i usually like characters who are mean instead of nice (*COUGH* haineismypetpeeve *COUGH*) in this case i kinda like sakura ;3 my feelings for this story is muddled up *~*

im on chapter 30 now o3o please tell me im not the only shuri fan xD