Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlueLionheart

Sakura Hime to end

Hello, everyone! It seems that Anime News Network is reporting that Sakura Hime will be ending with twelve volumes. I am behind on the story, sadly, but as far as I know, ten volumes have been published so far.

You can read the full story here! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-11/arina-tanemura-to-end-sakura-hime-manga-in-12-volumes

Edit: Oops, apparently only nine volumes have come out so far in English. My bad.

Edited by BlueLionheart
  • Upvote 1

I think 12 volumes is a good number. :) If you go too far, it gets to be really crazy. But this is her longest series so far!! (SDC was only 10 volumes. KKJ and FMWS each 7.) So congratulations to Arina!!!

This marks the end of her being in Ribon, right...?

Anyway now that I know how long it is, I should really get to reading it... >.

I'll do it eventually. >w

Wasn't SDC 11 volumes? :) Guess I counted wrong XD

Aw :( It is the end of her in Ribon..D: Please don't change or stay the same...

AHA, so that's why Arina is wreaking havoc in the story. Don't think this makes me forgive you, though D;. Whoa, I'm actually pretty surprised since Arina stated in the 6th volume she was less than a quarter through, so I thought that'd at least take us to 24 volumes, add or take a few (guess it branches back to the whole contractual thing). I was counting what chapters'd be stuck in where the other day, assuming each volume contained 4 rather than 3 and 5, and I guess that makes sense.

Still...I dunno. I'm tragically saaaaaad right now like any other fan, but I'm mostly in shock. Since a good lot of the story was focused so much on backstories, I was expecting an even longer run to cover the present, versus past. And I was predicting a bunch of plotlines to cover the story for a looooong time still, even if after recent events.

Putting the below in spoiler tags on a second thought for those of you that haven't read teh recent chapters, even though I tried being vague:

I feel like I just watched the Asagiri Thing again; it wasn't bad (NONONOWAITITAKETHATBACKITWASAWFULIWASCRYING), I just found that there was still a lot the character could've done in the story before that. What happened to her did take some things in full cycle--Ukyo, the 'god', etc--but I thought she'd do SO MUCH MORE for the story before then, seeing as she's a key player. Same goes for Rurijou (WHOAWAITSHEISDEADRIGHT, BECAUSEMYFRIENDWASALL'LOLNOSHESNOT, SHESA*STONE*SILLY), though I liked that one better, pace-and-whatnot-wise (I was crying, otherwise), and what ultimately happened to Yuri and Maimai (I thought there'd be so much more on Yuri's end, with her and Fuji and Aoba and Sakura, and I thought there'd be much more concerning Maimai/Den and Mai). Now I can see why Arina was almost abruptly ending their plotlines (ok, come to think of it, I'm kind of exaggerating, but comparing this to the original pacing...), to make room for the grand finale n all.

I remember thinking, "oh, she's gunna take so long with this, wish the run was cut in half or something," but now I'm actually really disappointed because there was so much I still wanted to see from the series, so much set up XD;; a-and I wanted to see more volume covers without Sakura and Rurijou hogging em up, even if it does make sense *shot*

But I dunno. That's just a mess of my opinion. Still sad and surprised...

As for the article itself...Was the ninth volume really released this month in English? Because I remember that being the original release date, but I thought they pushed it to December ( EDIT: The release date for the ninth volume according to the site is the original (?). Huh.

Anyway, thanks, Blue, for showing us

Of course she'll keep writing! I think this just signifies the end of her little-girl-manga phase?

She's independent now, so she gets to write what she wants for who she wants...

I'm not too sorry to see SHK go, though. I was getting fed up....

• Upvote 1

She's freelancing now, right?

I never really got past ch. 15 of SHK to be honest. XD I never followed it all that much :/ But I will now that its finished, I follow completed series far better than uncompleted series.

I was SURE SDC was more than 11 volumes... I thought it was like 15 or something. O_O WHY? XD

im way way waaay behind on sakurahime T.T even though its sad to see it end, im kinda looking forward to what story she's going to write next :DD

Of course she'll keep writing! I think this just signifies the end of her little-girl-manga phase?

She's independent now, so she gets to write what she wants for who she wants...

I'm not too sorry to see SHK go, though. I was getting fed up....

Not gunna go bashing your opinion, Sweetie, but of curiosity, why're you fed up?

There are 11 volumes in SDC. My mistake. XP I read it online so I didn't read or collect the volumes.

I need to borrow more SHK from my friend. She's collecting them. She LOVES it.... I'm more like, it's okay.... But it's not my favorite. :/ Though KKJ is on a ledge for me. XD HA HA HA

Not gunna go bashing your opinion, Sweetie, but of curiosity, why're you fed up?

Well I love SHK, I really do. I started off on shaky ground, and hated it about ten chapters in. But then I started up again and I was drawn in once more. But I was kinda getting annoyed with all the...prettiness. I dunno, I love it, it's perfect Tanemura work. But I kept thinking....this needs to be more gritty. xD

I've just started re-reading today. Starting from volume 1... lol I have read chapter 1 soooo many times. >.

I'm just following it on vizmanga since I'm not a fan of pirating and it's just cheaper and easier to read the digital... If I even become not-poor again (lol) I guess I'll pick up the physical copies... I do have a lot of them in Japanese and I think 1 or 2 in English... honestly I forget exactly how many. XD (Yes that does mean I have bought chapter 1 four times... Ribon, Japanese volume, English volume, and English digital volume.) XD

I guess SDC and TSK will probably stay the only Arina series (more than 1 volume) that I have all the volumes of. (ION, Mistress Fortune, and Fudanjuku I also have all of but that's not saying very much. LOL And her one-shot collection... Again, saying nothing. XD) I should collect more...

When she leaves Ribon (and presumably Shueisha too since she'll be freelance) does she still get revenue for sales? >.

Guest SweetieLove

12 volumes!?

wooow!!!! I really adore sakura hime kaden!

ITS REALLY GOING TO AN END....

BUT I WONDER WHATS GONNA BE HER NEXT SEIRES!

Sign in to follow this