Forums
Otaku Ookami

Opinions on Arina's works you disagree with...

I know there are people who disagree in many fandoms about various characters and shipping them. This is a thread where you can rant about what people say that you think is incorrect. Please don't bash others' opinions, though.

I have a friend who loves KKJ and SDC over Full Moon, because she claims that other than those characters, all of Arina's characters are too "weak" and "dependent." I hate Haine because she's a Mary-Sue, who she adores. Maron started out weaker than her other characters, but becomes stronger, so I might back her up on that one. Then again, I don't take her too seriously because she ships Akira and Yukina from Watashi Ni XX Shinasai.

Anyways, here is something for you folks on tumblr. I've reblogged this with my response, which I will post here as well.

tumblr_m7ebdghzx91r494d9o1_500.png

Okay, I disagree with this— Maron Kusakabe is NOT a Mary-Sue. She is not a flat, perfect character. She changes and grows throughout the story line. We start off seeing this girl who is terrified of being alone and won’t let anyone be close to her. As we inch towards the end of the manga, Maron learns what courage is. It might seem easy at first to write her off as a Mary-Sue, but if you reread the manga and read between the lines, she is what is called a dynamic, well-rounded character.

• Upvote 3

I find some of her characters weak... I love Haine, but I just find her weak and Mary-Sueish. And While I adore Full Moon I really don't like Mitsuki all that much. I have this thing were I tend to love a series, or a book or anything, and despise the lead female for some eird reason.

Maron however, is one of my favourite characters. She may be weak, but she learns. Yeah, it is kind of annoying she has so many love interests but its still a very good story.

We can complain about characters that have been shipped together? :D Lol. I'd better not. ;D

People always assume that because a girl has multiple love interests, she's automatically a Mary Sue. And that is completely and utterly WRONG.

Chiaki, Minazuki, Noin, and Zen. Those are the four men who love Maron throughout the KKJ series. Am I correct?

Chiaki is the main male. He fell in love with Maron when he saw her in front of her mailbox, sighing. He suddenly felt the need to protect her. He didn't realize this until later when he realized she was his "angel" come to save him. Basically, he's the most needed male. XD lol.

Minazuki loves Maron because she's confident. She's something that he can't be: independent and full of happiness. She was his wind, always pushing him forward. His love for her was the love for someone you admire. I'm not downgrading it! >

Noin loved Maron at first because he thought she was Jeanne come back to him. Then he followed her through her entire life, all the times when she was working hard even though her parents were gone. He slowly fell for her over her entire life.

Zen. HELLO. Maron was his wings. She gave him flight, gave him the ability to see his mother again, gave him hope. She told him that his parents loved him because he had such a great name. Maron was the only person who would be with him. OBVIOUSLY, he'd fall in love with her. @_@

I don't think I'm missing anyone. XD I just wanted to comment on that. I never felt that KKJ was too "Oh my gosh, everyone LOOOOOVES Maron" because honestly, it doesn't seem like that to me. Zen was there for half a volume, Noin was there for maybe 3 volumes, then Minazuki was the usual "I like you because you're so COOL!" guy, and Chiaki the main guy. XP

Sometimes I think people complain about Maron because they can't fathom strong female leads. They think every female lead has to be like "Oh, I'm so stupid!" or "I can't do anything without a man in my life!" -_-

I will stop now. @_@ Because I feel like i'm getting off-topic. Everyone already knows I love Maron. >

• Upvote 2

I find some of her characters weak... I love Haine, but I just find her weak and Mary-Sueish. And While I adore Full Moon I really don't like Mitsuki all that much. I have this thing were I tend to love a series, or a book or anything, and despise the lead female for some eird reason.

Maron however, is one of my favourite characters. She may be weak, but she learns. Yeah, it is kind of annoying she has so many love interests but its still a very good story.

We can complain about characters that have been shipped together? :D Lol. I'd better not. ;D

Sure, complain about anything you disagree with!

Personally, Mitsuki was a great character if you ask me. She was annoyingly stubborn at times, but that's one reason I adored her as a character. She wasn't willing to give up her love for Eichi. Whether or not you hate Eichi (I totally do), you do have to admit Mitsuki couldn't let go of the past. She was too afraid to move forward, which is a very human trait if you ask me. I remember grieving for my grandparents, thinking that moving on was wrong because I was afraid they would think that I'd forgotten them. In truth, I don't think you can ever entirely move on with your life after a tragic event.

Then again, I totally hate Haine. She is either really stupid half the time by messing up what she says, or says something that actually is coherent the other half. Her ramblings just got out of hand. Actually, I gave up on SDC a while ago. As much as I love Arina-sensei's works, I can't stand SDC.

Mitsuki wasn't Sensei's strongest character, but she certainly wasn't the weakest, either. I mean, how many people are actually willing to die to meet a loved one? (Truthfully, I was once at that point, but in the end, it wasn't worth it.

I understand she was stubborn, and stron, but I just didn't like her. XD Though I do like Eichi...

Well... I like him more than I like Takuto. But everyone knows I hate MitsukixTakuto. XD

• Upvote 1

Love is a many tiered thing! I agree with Maron--a character isn't a Mary-Sue for piquing multiple other character's interests.

Chiaki was her true love. If you need an explanation for this one, go reread the series. :P

Noin had reminiscent love. We've all been attracted to someone because they remind us of someone we love. You probably wouldn't marry them or date them based off just the similarities though, it just makes you look at them a second time and think, "Wow...you're so much like that other person I love. I could probably love you, too."

And Minazuki's was admiration. He admired and respected Maron for being all the things he wanted to be.

As for Zen...I dunno if I could classify what happened between him and Maron. xD It wasn't true love, but maybe it was just the calling of two like souls? Who knows.

Point is, there are different types of love, and we all experience most of them. So the fact that Maron was loved by many most certainly doesn't make her a Mary-Sue. A real Mary-Sue would be Bella Freaking Swan, who was loved by EVERYONE with NO REASON. That is a Mary-Sue. (Although I admit, Haine did have a few "WTF..." on her lovelist. But I would easily be able to argue that her loved-by-everyone nature wasn't what made her a Mary-Sue. She was actually a pretty well-rounded Mary-Sue, if that's even possible. It was more-or-less the fact that she was....well, that her actions were unexplainable, and stupid, and always forgiven no matter how dumb of a mistake she made.)

I think SDC is actually pretty controversial xD As far as "good or bad" goes. Because the fans will say, "no, no, Haine was a pretty intricate character (which she was), and all the plotlines were unique and interesting (which they were) and the art was gorgeous (which it was.)" And the antis will say "No, Haine was a bimbo (which she was) who managed to muck around in everyone's affairs and still have a million friends in the end (which she did) and the plot was seriously all over the place (which it was.)" It has a lot of pros and a lot of cons... you just have to choose which is more important, and either like it or not. You can't make the haters love or the lovers hate, so I've given up and that one...

• Upvote 3

I saw that picture on tumblr a few weeks ago too ;( I don't think any of her characters was a Mary-sue except Haine....

Arina doesn't really have a big fan base on tumblr O~O I've seen a few mean posts about her before DX *cries*

she ships Akira and Yukina from Watashi Ni XX Shinasai.

WHAT!? THAT PAIRING F*CKING SUCKS!! :FMTakutorage:

But everyone knows I hate MitsukixTakuto. XD

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!? YOU SAID YOU SHIPPED THEM TOO!! :FMMitsukiwah: You never told me you "hated" them!! Y-you said you LIKED both Eichi and Takuto for Mitsuki!!

YOU EVEN JOINED OUR CLUB!!

http://arinafans.com/index.php?showtopic=1887&st=20

.........I feel...........betrayed. How can you suddenly "hate" them now!?

I never felt that KKJ was too "Oh my gosh, everyone LOOOOOVES Maron" because honestly, it doesn't seem like that to me.

Maron DESERVES all the love she gets. >:3

...............unlike a lot of other shoujo leads. *cough*MiakaMikiHaine*

I guess we all agree that Haine was not the best heroine in the world. XD And yeah, I agree, she was very much like a Mary Sue. I mean, she even got TWO GUYS in the end. -_- Fantasy, much?

And Mitsuki. She's like the opposite of a Mary Sue. Even more opposite than Maron. She has so many problems in her life, I just want to hug her. I don't say this much, but I love Mitsuki as a lead too. I love what she says about living and dying. "I'm not afraid of death, but living is such a scary thing to do." She knows that Eichi is waiting for her in death but she has no idea what her life will bring. She doesn't want her scars to heal. And I'm pretty sure a Mary Sue is not someone who accepts death and would rather keep loving a dead person than move on with her life. :D

• Upvote 2

Over time, as I trhought about their relationship, I began to really dislike it. I'm sorry Chiibi! I thought I said I wasn't a fan of either of them being with her? I'd prefer Eichi over Takuto cause I'm a sucker for first love and the age difference isnt as big, but I don't really like either of them. :3

I'm sorry. XD I should probably leave the faclub? I joined like... two and a half years ago Chiibi! XD

I saw that picture on tumblr a few weeks ago too ;( I don't think any of her characters was a Mary-sue except Haine....

Arina doesn't really have a big fan base on tumblr O~O I've seen a few mean posts about her before DX *cries*

I saw that picture, too (s-so...does this mean I'm not the only one that stalks her tag?! XD). There's a lot of mean posts about her, sometimes criticizing her heroines and mainly criticizing her art style, I find. It's sad, because...well, I know being visually impaired is really hard and it saddens me that so many people are going through such. Poor people.

*runs through segueway* Okay, an opinion I really disagree with is how said people always say stuff like "her eyes are too big", "her characters all look too similar", "her men are unmanly", "her anatomy is off", or such. Like, personal-preference, freedom-of-expression, let's-agree-to-disagree, it's-pointless-to-debate-about-art and all that, but when it comes down to it, seeing comments about her art like that really pisses me off. I mean, I understand, as some reviewer said, her style is really defined and love-it-or-leave-it, but I REALLY like it. Even if her storylines sucked (and they don't, not even close), I'd read just for her art style (a lot of people on tumblr always say this, stating they only read because of the style, even though they hate everything else.). I have more than once picked something up just because the art style looked similar to hers. Yeah, it's sometimes hard to distinguish her characters visually, I guess, and they often have similar faces and/or body types, but thinking of ALLLL the many series and oneshots she's done, I can identify pretty much all of them if you put them side by side. And, besides, she develops the characters enough so that you can almost know which is which just by their dialogue and thoughts XD. Anyway, it's not every mangaka out there's SOOOO good at doing this. Arina's actually pretty good...

And the big eyes. I LOVE HER EYES. I can see haha see it's not realistic and whatever, why artists would freak out, b-but...they're so bubbly and cute, with the big lashes and eye..--lights. I love it so much. I can't give great reasons as to why, but I hate it when people pick this out.

And her colouring is amazing, especially since it's all traditional. The amount of detail she puts in her art is insane. And her paneling. OH HER PANELING. Especially in SHK and Mistress Fortune. It's perfect. Like, I can't.

Suddenly, I'm just listing reasons why I love her art so much. I'll stop. Okay.

And I totally agree with everyone said above about Maron. I was gritting my teeth when I saw the post. Maron's love interests are all perfectly justifiable. Haine, I might protest a bit, since she's got straight girls straying for her and gay cross-dressers chasing after her, but I guess Arina kinda uses the characters' coming to terms with their feelings about her as a way of coming to terms with themselves in their respective archs. Can't really say much about Mitsuki because I really need to go and re-read Full Moon.

Point is, there are different types of love, and we all experience most of them. So the fact that Maron was loved by many most certainly doesn't make her a Mary-Sue. A real Mary-Sue would be Bella Freaking Swan, who was loved by EVERYONE with NO REASON. That is a Mary-Sue. (Although I admit, Haine did have a few "WTF..." on her lovelist. But I would easily be able to argue that her loved-by-everyone nature wasn't what made her a Mary-Sue. She was actually a pretty well-rounded Mary-Sue, if that's even possible. It was more-or-less the fact that she was....well, that her actions were unexplainable, and stupid, and always forgiven no matter how dumb of a mistake she made.)

I think SDC is actually pretty controversial xD As far as "good or bad" goes. Because the fans will say, "no, no, Haine was a pretty intricate character (which she was), and all the plotlines were unique and interesting (which they were) and the art was gorgeous (which it was.)" And the antis will say "No, Haine was a bimbo (which she was) who managed to muck around in everyone's affairs and still have a million friends in the end (which she did) and the plot was seriously all over the place (which it was.)" It has a lot of pros and a lot of cons... you just have to choose which is more important, and either like it or not. You can't make the haters love or the lovers hate, so I've given up and that one...

^THIS. SO hard. Especially that bit about Haine, who's both one of my favourite Arina girls and least. Sweetie always puts into words what I can't....

Unpopular opinion: I'm like your friend, I...actually like SDC and KKJ over Full Moon...I mean, will I get bashed for saying...Full Moon is actually one of my least favourites...?

*gets kicked off site*

Yeah, I feel like a Bad Arina Fan for saying so, since that's pretty much like her signature and most adored work. I don't mean to be bashing anyone that loves it, which I know is a lot of people. Um, like, I (obviously?) love kkj the most. It's probably My Absolute Favourite Work of Fiction, with it's pretty art, pace-perfect plot, fascinating and realistic characters, and it's having basically everything I adore like magical girls and un-cliched forbidden romance. I could go on all day. SDC I'm less loud and proud to admit, but it's actually a close second and I adore it. I kinda like it in a way someone would stalk the overrated, hot jock or watch bad reality TV. I treat it more like a serialized story than a whole like I do kkj. I watch a lot of drama with the same tone and it's probably the best version of the whole "rich-kids-private-school-secret-revelations-conflicting-emotions" guilty pleasure I've seen.

As for Full Moon, I probably need to re-read it for it to even jump over TSK, Mistress Fortune, and SHK, because right now I can't even give one good resaon for not liking it as much as I think I should if I get, I dunno, banned for saying this and need to fight for it. At the time, when I read it, I pretty much wanted to die AND I was dealing with cancer-related issues, and somehow it felt as if the story was stabbing all my problems in my face. I could never relate to as much as the plot as I thought I would've. I don't think Full Moon was bad, at all, definitely not, I was just never able to connect with the story and characters, I guess. I understand why it's so popular and I really WANT to like it more....

Don't worry, though, I despise Akira and Yukina, and not even just because of the incest-ness, shipping him with Mami, or the recent chapter ;D

• Upvote 4

At the time, when I read it, I pretty much wanted to die AND I was dealing with cancer-related issues, and somehow it felt as if the story was stabbing all my problems in my face. I could never relate to as much as the plot as I thought I would've.

Funny that you say that about Full Moon, because when I read it, I was dealing with suicidal thoughts and the deaths of two grandparents, both of them very close to me. I think that Full Moon actually changed my mind about suicide, actually. I mean, look at how much the Shinigamiiz regretted it. Takuto said at one point, "It's our job to stop her, because we are Shinigami." (Or something like that.) He regretted what he had done so much that he didn't want Mitsuki to commit suicide, either. Right then at that line is when I fell in love with Takuto's character. (I'd always crushed on him for looks, but then... he comes out and says that.) He is one of the reasons I've decided not to give into my depression and kill myself. I need a guy who would save me from myself. (Hasn't happened yet, but...)

I found it really interesting that you have such differing views on Full Moon than I did. I'm not saying your views are wrong, or anything. Just an interesting thought that two people (myself included) can have such different opinions on things like this.

• Upvote 1

Over time, as I trhought about their relationship, I began to really dislike it. I'm sorry Chiibi! I thought I said I wasn't a fan of either of them being with her? I'd prefer Eichi over Takuto cause I'm a sucker for first love and the age difference isnt as big, but I don't really like either of them. :3

I'm sorry. XD I should probably leave the faclub? I joined like... two and a half years ago Chiibi! XD

No, I will not let you leave. I will make you like them again. Two and half years isn't that much time to go from liking to hating. o_O When is the last time you read/watched the series? It's easy to say you dislike something if you haven't seen it in a while. I've done that and then gone back to view it again and I often find myself saying "......you know what, it wasn't that bad after all."

I would like to see someone watch the anime and NOT ship them. I tell you, it's not possible unless you're a Negi Ramen freak.

Back to the topic at hand: It really pisses me off when people say her heroines and heroes are all the same because

THEY ARE SO NOT. :FMTakutorage:

And I don't think I need to further explain that: you guys aren't stupid and I'd just be stating things that you already know about Arina's characters. XD The only thing in common with her girls are they normally try to do the right thing and they're kind people. Other than that, their personalities are VERY different. And Ribon heroines SHOULD try to do the right thing and be kind: they are role-models to little Japanese girls.

You don't want a complete bitch or whore as a role-model for kids. :FMTakutosweatdrop:

It also really pisses me off when people say all her artwork is the same because EVERYONE in Ribon has that exact same freaking problem. So does Matsuri Hino, Natsuki Takaya, Haruka Fukushima (ESPECIALLY HER) and countless other manga-ka. WHY SINGLE ARINA OUT!?

I don't agree that her characters "all look the same" either. It's only been very few times on perhaps one page in the whole series when I've gone, "wow, that looks like.....!" I've never mixed up Maron with Kyoko or Haine or Mitsuki or Sakura and I don't understand how people CAN. Like.......are you BLIND, people!? o__O

And yeah, that tumblr picture is BULLSHIT. "Talented, pretty, kind-hearted and lonely"

Maron is talented because she worked so hard, thinking that anything less would be unacceptable by her parents.

Mitsuki is talented because it's in her BLOOD. XD

Haine? TALENTED!? AHAHAHAHA SHE SCREWS UP EVERYTHING!! The only thing she's good at is fighting. Because she was in a GANG!!

Pretty? Well yeah, this is manga where imagery is everything. Ugly characters just wouldn't fly. Little girls want to look at pretty things.

Kind-hearted? See above.

Lonely? Has nothing to do with Mary-Sues and the person who posted that is an idiot for thinking so.

I might sound harsh here but I have little tolerance for ignorant people who merely throw terms around without doing the research. And "Mary-Sue" these days is as badly misused as "slut" when people are criticizing an indecisive girl who as trouble choosing in a love triangle. =_____=

• Upvote 3

I've sometimes had trouble in some of her work knowing who is who, in certain panels XDD I understand your point though, nearly all manga-ka have that. It's the art style, so it doesn't bother me.

Hmm... the last time I read it was about... gosh. um, a few months I suppose? Around christmas I think. XD

I like the anime but it doesn't actually make me want to ship them O_O

I like the anime but it doesn't actually make me want to ship them O_O

WRY!? Their love was so strong it was able to change FATE!! And it's not like they were meant for anyone else!

And besides, he gave up his SOUL for her! Not just his life but his soul!

When's the last time you saw a guy give up his existence for a girl!?

No love is deeper than that. You can't give more than that!

Thus no other couple could possibly beat these two when it comes to love. They went through the ultimate test. That's why it's beautiful!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't like that kind of love. XD Mitsuki's young. I don't believe that deep a love can happen so quickly. Mitsuki's far too young to love someone that deeply. Sure she can love, but she's not fully, emotionally developed, she has still to experience so many different things, and falling in love that young, for life is a huge thing, especially in a relationship with that much emotional depth, :3 I mean, it mightn't happen now, but eventually it will, probably years in the future, where Takuto and Mistuki will grow more physically intimate. And everyone knows that makes a romantic relationship far more intense. Look at how intense they are now. It will be way too much in the future. :P

I view it as them going through an extreme honeymoon period. Once that wears off their love isn't going to be nearly as exciting and exotic. :/ I know I sound like a kill joy but thats actually I see it. :/

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ohhhhhhhhhh.

Well........I get what you're saying...but I don't think love needs to be exciting ALL the time to be romantic. I mean when people get married, as they get older, of course the passion will cool down....that's just how life is.

like my parents

But still, even when the passion goes, the bond will never stop growing. That's the most important part. What Takuto and Mitsuki went through pretty much makes their bond unbreakable. That's what makes them so admirable: that amazing connection they have.

And yes, the whole ordeal is very fairytale, regarding Mitsuki's age and all....but lol this IS fiction...and not just fiction but manga. Which I read to escape reality. XD

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I understand the passion goes. XD But sometimes its the passion that creates the relationship? And then after that, they will need to work on building a proper bond to fully understand eachother, instead of it being based off initial attraction. I mean, falling for someone is great, you adore them, want to be with them all the time, which is exactly what Takuto and Mitsuki have, and you will do almost anything for them, which is exactly what takuto and Mitsuki would do, however, I don't think Mitsuki is old enough to develop that deep a bond afterwards, that would last a lifetime. She may love Takuto, but I'm sure, when she is older, she will be capable of loving so much more, and that person mightn't be Takuto.

People change over time, and it takes hard work to be completely happy with a person who changes. And Mitsuki is still a child, teenager, whatever, she has her whole life ahead of her, and so much time for growth and development. I'm not saying her and Takuto won't have a lasting relationship. They probably will. But I don't think it will be a life lasting thing. :/ Mitsuki is going to grow and change, so, so much over the next few years, and she may realise Takuto isn't the right person for her. And Takuto is also going to change. And as people change, sometimes, they are no longer compatible with eachother.

The bond may keep growing, but it mightn't remain a romantic bond. It may turn to friendship, or completely platonic love. It happens in relationships alot. :/ Especially with young people. XD

Thats how I view it though... so I don't think the relationship is all that great, because Mitsuki and Takuto are probably going to break up at one point and find other people. You rarely marry your first sweetheart.

XD -thats my opinion.- XDD

• Upvote 3

Funny that you say that about Full Moon, because when I read it, I was dealing with suicidal thoughts and the deaths of two grandparents, both of them very close to me. I think that Full Moon actually changed my mind about suicide, actually. I mean, look at how much the Shinigamiiz regretted it. Takuto said at one point, "It's our job to stop her, because we are Shinigami." (Or something like that.) He regretted what he had done so much that he didn't want Mitsuki to commit suicide, either. Right then at that line is when I fell in love with Takuto's character. (I'd always crushed on him for looks, but then... he comes out and says that.) He is one of the reasons I've decided not to give into my depression and kill myself. I need a guy who would save me from myself. (Hasn't happened yet, but...)

I found it really interesting that you have such differing views on Full Moon than I did. I'm not saying your views are wrong, or anything. Just an interesting thought that two people (myself included) can have such different opinions on things like this.

It's really interesting! Especially since our experiences seem somewhat similar, but the story effected us completely differently. I totally understand your view, though, like I said, I just couldn't make the connection between the story/characters and life. And that's just me, personally :) It's great to hear the story touched you a lot more postitively than it did me XD.

Adding to my and Chiibi's point, um, I was just thinking, at the end of the day, does it really matter if you don't initially recognize the characters, so long as you do and understand the story...?

• Upvote 2

And as people change, sometimes, they are no longer compatible with eachother.

The bond may keep growing, but it mightn't remain a romantic bond. It may turn to friendship, or completely platonic love. It happens in relationships alot. :/ Especially with young people. XD

I don't think the relationship is all that great, because Mitsuki and Takuto are probably going to break up at one point and find other people. You rarely marry your first sweetheart

Well said! And I agree. My parents were young and thought they were oh-so in love and then they had five kids, got hitched shortly after the last was born, and eventually realized how badly they'd messed up. They were young and passionately in love, but now they've grown up and realize they didn't really have everything that was necessary for a marriage to work...

Its a very easy mistake to make. I know I really care about my boyfriend, but I know that I dont properly LOVE him. I might have thought I did, but after recent events I know thats not the case, but I care about him. But I know better then to believe he is the one I want to spend my life with. Because, at the minute, he's really not. He's a person I care about, and enjoy being in a relationship with. But he's not the person I see myself spending my life with. Not at the minute anyway, because its silly to become so invested in a relationship so early on.

She may love Takuto, but I'm sure, when she is older, she will be capable of loving so much more, and that person mightn't be Takuto.

A big fat YEAH RIGHT to that. Sorry. XD

People change over time, and it takes hard work to be completely happy with a person who changes. And Mitsuki is still a child, teenager, whatever, she has her whole life ahead of her, and so much time for growth and development. I'm not saying her and Takuto won't have a lasting relationship. They probably will. But I don't think it will be a life lasting thing. :/

OF COURSE IT WILL BE!! D:

Mitsuki is going to grow and change, so, so much over the next few years, and she may realise Takuto isn't the right person for her. And Takuto is also going to change. And as people change, sometimes, they are no longer compatible with eachother.

HELLO, THEY WENT THROUGH THE "ULTIMATE TEST OF LOVE". That is DEFINITELY a life-long thing. These two have already gone beyond the level of marriage vows if they were willing to sacrifice their lives for each other!!

Thats how I view it though... so I don't think the relationship is all that great, because Mitsuki and Takuto are probably going to break up at one point and find other people.

No freaking way in hell would that ever happen.

Let's study Arina's pattern here:

Look, Maron married Chiaki.

Kyoko married Sakataki

Haine married Takanari.

It was decided since birth that Sakura is going to marry Aoba.

Mitsuki is going to freaking marry Takuto. I mean, duh. XD

You rarely marry your first sweetheart.

Shoujo manga heroines do.This is shoujo manga-not only shoujo manga but Arina-freaking-Tanemura shoujo manga so your logic is null and void.

I'm sorry to sound so.....forceful but um, Nekugirl.....really!?

Besides, Takuto is Mitsuki's second love. She did not get to be with the first person she liked. So........yeah.

The very idea of an Arina heroine permanently breaking up with her main love interest sends me into a fit of hysterical laughter. Arina's so totally obsessed with marriage-level romance....not just for her main couple but for EVERY side pairing as well!!

So I can't even take you seriously if you're going to make that argument. XD

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Sorry to just jump in here, I was going to wait 'til after my holiday to contribute to this conversation but reading this is truly making me frusterated!

Chiibi, I understand that you don't mean to sound forceful but then could you please prevent yourself from sounding so forceful? This is Arinafans, everybody has a right to their own opinion, and I've talked to Neku many times about TakutoXMitsuki, she has changed her mind on the pairing and if she's going to start liking them again she should do it on her own accord, not because you're telling her to.

So chill with the capitals and the bolds because you're being really harsh and you've turned another topic into a drawn out Pro/Con TakutoXMitsuki one! Every single time somebody says they don't like them you have to ram their good points into them, just because you adore this couple doesn't mean everyone has to; and you won't drop it, ever, eventually the other person has to just stop replying or "agree" with you just to make you stop.

We all have a right to like what we want and dislike what we want. So stop trying to force somebody into liking something they don't.

You've actually ruined TakutoXMitsuki for me because I'm constantly reminded of these arguments whenever I read Full Moon, and I hate that because I adore Full Moon!!!

~ Sorry everybody if this seems a little mean, but I need to just say it. I've been hinting at it for ages and I think it's about time I stood up to Chiibi.

Feather out♥ to enjoy her holiday

• Upvote 5