Forums
Otaku Ookami

Opinions on Arina's works you disagree with...

Chiibi I don't think she was judging her intellegence at all 'xD She said she looks ditsy~

I don't think I've ever confused any characters :) But there was a short period when I thought Izumi was Eichi xD

She doesn't look ditzy at all. >: I

But there was a short period when I thought Izumi was Eichi xD

A lot of people DID, actually!! o_o I didn't but some of my friends did when I showed the anime to them. XD And I think I've heard others say so on the net....

There's a page in the KYOKO manga when you see Ui's (opened-eyes) for the very first time and I thought she looked EXACTLY like Full Moon. I mean exactly like her. Just in that one shot. XD She doesn't look like her anymore after that.

And did anyone else think Moe looked more like Mitsuki than Meroko? o_o Especially with those braids and dark tone for her hair! Actually, Moe doesn't look like Meroko at ALL...to me. XD; how the hell did her hair go from red to pink as a shinigami anyway!? THAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE.

Yes Chiibi I noticed that too xD The braids screamed Mitsuki, but I think that was nice, because it kind of connects the two; saying that Meroko used to be pure and kind like Mitsuki bfore she got her heart broken. Well that's the feeling I get~ I don't know if it was deliberate or not but I love it.

The face though, I think is clearly Meroko~ Very very Meroko!~

Red to pink makes perfect sense!!!!!! ;D Her hair was red, then ghosts/angels are white, red + white = PINK xD

Or maybe it's because she lost so much blood when she killed herself, blood is red, it drained away when she killed herself and the red from her hair drained away too.

FEATHER YOUR IMAGINATION IS WEIRD

A lot of people thought Eichi was Takuto as well xD Because of that picture where Mitsuki is sitting, looking out at us, and on both sides of her are Takuto and Eichi with their back turned~ I never thought it though!

Red to pink makes perfect sense!!!!!! ;D Her hair was red, then ghosts/angels are white, red + white = PINK xD

I'd be fine with that if the other shinigami got lighter hair and eye colors too but....XD Takuto stayed the same...but that could be argued because he couldn't become a full shinigami. I wonder if Rio's hair was blond before becoming Izumi? Gold eyes on humans is not abnormal for Arina manga though.

Or maybe it's because she lost so much blood when she killed herself, blood is red, it drained away when she killed herself and the red from her hair drained away too.

FEATHER YOUR IMAGINATION IS WEIRD

LMAO I like this theory more. XD

I'd be fine with that if the other shinigami got lighter hair and eye colors too but....XD Takuto stayed the same...but that could be argued because he couldn't become a full shinigami. I wonder if Rio's hair was blond before becoming Izumi? Gold eyes on humans is not abnormal for Arina manga though.

LMAO I like this theory more. XD

I think that the gold eyes are meant to represent a light brown perhaps? (Just like purple hair in manga/anime tends to be meant to represent that kind of black that almost looks bluish that some people have)

I dunno. They are probably supposed to be gold. I mean, Ion has bright BLUE hair and she's a human being so....XD

Izumi's eyes are definitely yellow though. I'm sure they're supposed to be. XD That's just his signature color (clothes and hair too).

• Upvote 1

TAKUTO and Izumi!?

HOW? XD They don't look anything alike!

i used to think takanari looked like a mixture of izumi and eichi when i first read it (but not anymore xD), and kisaki and giniro reminded me of takuto and meroko because

-they were/are partners

-one has pink hair

-one was in love with the other (until giniro confesses afterwards he likes her too)

but the art style, hair and personalities were different so it's easy to tell them apart, but they still seem similar to me O.o

Haha when I first saw Mistress Fortune with Kisaki and Gin doing their pose, I INSTANTLY got a "Negi RAAAMEN!" flashback. XD

• Upvote 2

Except that Sweetie-chan actually liked the pairing of Mistress Fortune....

Yeah, exactly for Chiibi as well. XD

Guys!!! i made another tumblr!!!

http://arinatanemura...ons.tumblr.com/

bwah! im curious to see what other poeple think of arina, so i made a confession blog for her (like allanimeconfessions or animangaconfessions) >.

i doubt much confessions will come through, but i hope its going to be fun!!!!

IM EXCITED! i dont know why but im really happy i made this xDD

feel free to stop by~

edit:

GWAAAH! DONE!

this is the picture i used to go in the arina tanemura tag to show people a confession blog exists! xD

tumblr_m99rz3CEj91redcwwo1_500.jpg

BWAH! :33

please tell me what you think >_

• Upvote 1

yaaay!

i wonder if ill get any submissions...

:FMMitsukiponder:

edit: there seems to be a problem with tagging :/ it wont show my opening post on the arina tanemura search ;_;

EDIT:

the theme i had wouldnt tag photos :/ so i changed it, NOW its officially open xD

yaaay! 5 followers! (one is me and arinaangel xD so 3 followers...)

EDIT:

i got my very first submission! i posted it too x3

EDIT: (again)

dear lordie 12 FOLLOWERS ALREADY?! its better than i imagined OwO gwah i want more submissions ;_;

yah, i was expecting more negative stuff too, i was surprised by all the positive, on the second confession that was submitted a few people were quite negative on that (if you look at who reblogged it, you see people kinda disagreed on it by what they said) and so far the only negative was the one about SDC going downhill...

~yaay! 33 followers~ :3

I count as a follower :D Congrats on 33!

I thought we'd tear apart the negative posts limb by limb or something XD. We need more prey, I guess..>:)

The reblogged comments on the second post regarding the traditional drawing mediums bug me quite a bit, though. Not necessarily their opinion on Arina's drawing/colouring methods, but how they made such a big deal about the few words about admiring someone's art style and completely twisting it up into the confession insulting digital artists :/ It was the way the confession was phrased, but I honestly doubt the submitter wanted to do that (then again, I can't pop words in their mouths), and if you look at the first confession, someone said she had the best style in the world --and I agree--but, oh gasp, what about all the other 7484279743 art styles in the world :o What a bully! -.- /sarcasm

Ok now I'm just being negative and grumpy..

There's the TSK thing we've already discussed and the whole 'they look the same' thing. Real surprised anyone liked Enju/Kai, but I guess there may/may not be a finer line between the two XD

Without bashing the submitter that said Arina's style has gone downhill since SDC, because I can see why sort of he/she'd say that, I actually think she's improved amazingly afterwards. (But I guess she changed a lot, so while I think it went up, others might think it went down...) I looove the art in Mistress Fortune because it's all fluffy and cutesy and the few character designs were great, and I think Arina drew a bunch of stuff she's really good at (in my opinion, I guess), like angel wings and wavy hair. And the eye style (among other things) changed slightly somewhere between SDC and SHK, methinks, and I like the new ones a lot. With SHK, I think the art's at her best after all these years and her colouring's gotten more detailed. And I think her improved style suits the story better; it looks scary and gory when it needs to be. The panels and posing look more action-y, too. But that's just me.

But hooray for the praise! All of the pictures look great, Mitsuki ^^.