Forums
BrokenWingedRadiance

Arina Dark Fan Theories

What if Arina's manga up until now were all DARK AS HELL?! We're talking some Elfen Lied shit going on here.

In one of the Full Moon side panels, Arina stated that her dream manga story was too dark/Violent to be published in Ribbon. We're all very excited to see what it's actually going to be.... (Well, atleast Access and I are!)

"Shit, we're going to be getting the next Akira or something from Arina at this level. Sounds like she's planning some Akira maybe even Elfen Lied level stuff." - Access

So whilst we await this amazing piece of darkness, we decided to ruin anticipate what her shoujo mangas would be like if they were written in a similar context. FEEL FREE TO CREATE YOUR OWN!!

Full Moon

Access: I was thinking that if she wanted darker Full Moon the one way would be to make it a tragedy in the end. Go though all that and then BAM Mitsuki dies in the end. Now that'd be dark

BWR: Darker full moon!! Change the name to; Searching for the fully loaded gun (so that everybody dear to mitsuki can kill themselves after she dies)

Access: Or either that Mistuki ends up commiting suicide in the end and becomes a shinigami. Like she get sthe surgery, it fails, she loses her voice, she kills herself, becomes shinigami, now that would've been fucking dark. And then put it in that Takuto and Meroko knew all along that was how she was going to die but couldn't tell her

BWR: also she could like die to be with takuto and then he gets taken by the death master because he broke the shinigami rules and fell in love with her

Access: and then some rabid Full Moon fans find out and murder Wakouji for performing the surgery or something like that and Mitsuki has to be the one to reap him. and then after that she finds out Eichii was actually alive all along, but just got in a serious car accident and she has to go reap him next.

KKJ

Access: KKJ, but the people actually die after she steals the paintings muahaha. Like explode die. Or had the demons actually posess really important world political figures that start some real shit going against Jeanne, like international manhunt stuff against her and so on and so forth. Faking Jeanne notice cards to places with terrorist attacks to occur what-not

BWR: And at the end she releases all of the demons from hell to earth

Access: accidentally.

BWR: and jeanne d'arc is revealed to be some blood thristy bitch who delib reincarnated to fuck the world over

Access: Take out the whole "Finn was the devils agent" part and just have the ending be her finding out by killing god.

and then satan is like "Thank you Maron for your assistance, but I'm afraid your usefulness to me is over" And when Sinbad/Access appear in the story, Finn unbeknownst to Maron actually arranges a trap that kills Chiaki/Sinbad.

and in the scene where Miyako is posessed and the demon is about to slit Miyako's throat, have the demon actually go through with it.

(8:24:48 PM) Knowltey: And when Sinbad/Access appear in the story, Finn unbeknownst to Maron actually arranges a trap that kills Chiaki/Sinbad.

(8:26:16 PM) Knowltey: and in the scene where Miyako is posessed and the demon is about to slit Miyako's throat, have the demon actually go through with it.

Shit.....I think I'm too faint of heart for this thread..... :FMMitsukiXD:

but you guys should see what's going on in the latest Sakurahime Kaden chapters...now THIS this f*cked up!!

Shit.....I think I'm too faint of heart for this thread..... :FMMitsukiXD:

but you guys should see what's going on in the latest Sakurahime Kaden chapters...now THIS this f*cked up!!

Well Arina has said in the past that there is a certain story that she wants to publish, but it was too grim and dark and Ribon wouldn't even publish it. So whatever it is, it's darker than whatever is currently happening in Sakura Hime Kaden. I think that her slowly getting away from Ribon is her actually making arrangement to get this dream story of hers published somehow, and personally I am quite anxious to see just what she has in store for us.

• Upvote 1

Chiibi's right, SHK is actually really dark considering a lot, not just because of the recent Me-murdering, heart-wrenching chapters, IMO. Like the moment Aoba shot Sakura with that arrow.

These actually made me laugh really hard, in the best way possible XD. Especially Full Moon XD. I am not secretly a sadist, noooooo It's just...these are really creative :) I'd never want it to happen, but I'd want read to a fic about it XD;; (but I guess that'd be kinda gory...I actually can't do gory details...ideas I'm good with...huhhhh)

Don't really have time ATM to come up with any, but for kkj, I totally agree with the above, but I wanna make Zen kill himself. Like, during the struggle between Jeanne and Sinbad, the demon fully posesses him and he just jumps out of the window in a crazed attempt at achieving his dream of flying. He laughs as his neck cracks.

^Course I'd never want that to happen in a zillion years. It's already sad enough what happens to him. But if we're talkin' dark stuff...

Oh, and a baby somehow gets possessed. Going with the above, Jeanne must kill the baby. And can we make, like, I dunno, her stab her eyes or something? That'd be some dark stuff. And then the baby gets revived by the holy water stuffs or somesuch and thirsts for revenge, becoming some twisted manga version of Myst that has the water in her demonic candy.

• Upvote 2

But it could be WORSE 8D Arina could do some serious Elfen Lied shit. And hopefully, she will! I think she said that this dream story was going to be Shonen.

Gooooore and violenceeee~

Yeah, murder is always good. I lost track of SHK, it started to bore me. Maybe I'll have to start reading it again. I'm at chapter 7 I think xD

:FMMitsuki@@: guys you're starting to scare me....

:FMTakutodepressed:

now i think it would be nice to see a story like that from Arina though... O.o

I remember reading that in the side panels, and being disappointed, because I thought I'd never get to see her darkest work. XD But I really hope it does happen. :3

Sure while I was reading Fullmoon, I was convinced it was going to end with Mitsuki killing herself and becoming a shinigami. XD

OH! I was actually wondering about that. You know how she refused to get treatment for her cancer, even though it would save her life? Could that be consindered suicide? Seeing as she was letting it kill her, instead of actually doing something about it, therefore, removing the need of shinigami at all? It's probably not the right place for this but I've thought about it a few times. XD

• Upvote 1

I consider Mitsuki semi-suicidal.....but sometimes it's hard to tell. Like when she slipped off the building while talking to Meroko, she screamed in terror and she had tears in her eyes too. Certainly she didn't want to die that time. XD

Sure while I was reading Fullmoon, I was convinced it was going to end with Mitsuki killing herself and becoming a shinigami. XD

Knowing Arina and the target audience of Ribon, I knew that couldn't happen. XD Not kid-friendly enough.

Arina wrote in the Full Moon special that she wanted to clear up when Mitsuki was talking to Wakaouji about death. She said "Mitsuki-chan wasn't saying she "wanted to die once". She meant "she'd like to see what it was like just once".

.........so that's different, I guess. XD The latter makes it sound like Mitsuki is just curious about the experience of death.

I think, like how a normal human child tries to avoid something that scares her , Mitsuki was sort of painting a fantasy in her mind about dying being okay because of Eichi....but when she comes close to it, in reality, she's very scared and realizes she isn't ready for it afterall.

The other three did not show this fear when they killed themselves. Well, Izumi's eyes showed determination. Takuto's and Meroko's eyes looked completely broken and lifeless, like they just gave up on everything, which they had. ;_;

(Arina is so good at that broken eyes thing. I really admire her for it)

• Upvote 5

But Chiibi, scientific or psychological studies or something (my friend's mum is a psychologist) tells us that most often after somebody commits suicide they regret it; like right after they step off the building or whatever they regret what they've done and want to stop, but it's too late. So I don't think Mitsuki screaming when she was falling off the building would say that she's not suicidal like? did that make any sense at all...

I think her rejecting cancer treatment was suicidal, Neku, because she didn't reject it because she was afraid of losing her voice or anything, she rejected it because she wanted to die. Though she didn't want to kill herself, she didn't want to live.

I think Full Moon would be darker if Mitsuki was going to commit suicide to be with Takuto, but then gets like killed by a fan or something, so she can't be with him because he's a shinigami and she's dead - oh but then wouldn't she become a ghost and be with Eichi? Well that would be dark for TakutoXMitsuki fans xD But maybe his spirit left when Mitsuki decided she wanted Takuto, and was ready to die for him. So Eichi went to heaven and Mitsuki became a ghost, all alone. And then Takuto tries to become a ghost by remembering everything, but he ends up just waking out of his coma.

Now that would be dark!

I think her rejecting cancer treatment was suicidal, Neku, because she didn't reject it because she was afraid of losing her voice or anything, she rejected it because she wanted to die.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I don't think she actually wanted to die. She said she was not afraid of dying because she thought Eichi would be waiting for her. But she definitely didn't want to lose her voice. She values her voice above everything else. If Wakaouji told her they could do surgery without the risk of her losing her voice, I think she would accept it.

As for regrets after suicide....I can see that with Takuto's case, possibly even Izumi's. But Meroko just lay there and let herself bleed out. It didn't look like she tried to save herself. You just see her on the ground with the blood around her.

And then Takuto tries to become a ghost by remembering everything, but he ends up just waking out of his coma.

Now that would be dark!

XD

And then he'd probably lose the will to live again because Mitsuki is dead. D:

Some part of me REALLY wants to see everyone's reaction, had Mitsuki died. (I'm a sadist like that XD)

What do you think would happen!?

Meroko would cry her eyes out....obviously. XD

I wonder if Izumi would cry?

I think Takuto would blame it entirely on himself and turn into a zombie-like state. Totally emotionless. Like how Mitsuki went in the anime after she found out Eichi died. >_

That would hurt so much to see! ;A; I shouldn't want to see it but like I said, I kinda....DO. XD WRY!?

I think its semi-suicidal... I don't really know. I was just wondering had she died from not recieving the cancer treatment, would she bcome a shinigami?

:o That's a very interesting question! I wonder if semi- counts? XD

Creepy and the werd part is that some times I think creepy is better :lol2: I mean think about it wouldn't that be sick!!! ( in a good way )

-Sythe Axe

:FMFMlove:

-uses CPR to revive this thread-

Okay, so I recently learned that a (confessed and) convicted serial killer of children fought alongside Jeanne d'Arc. This is not a conspiracy theory. Really. If you want more (albeit general) information, go to the Wikipedia page for Gilles de Rais.

Gilles de Rais's heinous crimes inspired the French folktale "Bluebeard." Don't know the tale? Wikipedia provides us with a lovely summary:

Bluebeard is an aristocrat who has been married several times to women who have all mysteriously vanished. When Bluebeard visits his neighbor and asks to marry one of his children, the girls are terrified. After hosting a wonderful banquet, he persuades the youngest to marry him, which she does, and she goes to live with him and her sister Anne in his rich and luxurious home.

Bluebeard announces that he must leave the country and gives the keys of the château to his wife. She is able to open any door in the house with them, which each contain his riches, except for a room that she is never to enter. He then goes away and leaves the house and the keys in her hands. Immediately, she is overcome with the desire to see what the forbidden room holds; and, despite warnings from one of her sisters, she ventures into the room.

She immediately discovers the room is filled with blood and the corpses of his missing wives. Horrified, she drops the key and flees the room. She reveals her husband's secret to her sister, and they plan to both flee the next morning, but Bluebeard unexpectedly comes back and finds the bloody key. In a blind rage, he threatens to kill her on the spot, but she asks for one last prayer with her sister Anne. At the last moment, as Bluebeard is about to deliver the fatal blow, the brothers of the wife and her sister Anne arrive and kill Bluebeard. The wife inherits his fortune and castle, and has the dead wives buried. She uses the fortune to have her other siblings married, and eventually remarries herself and forgets about her horrible experience with Bluebeard.

A rich man who re-married several times. Vanishing women found in a hidden room in a mansion.

Maybe Chiaki was right to hate his father...

283221.jpg

Duuude, I've always loved the Bluebeard story (this is a really good modernization of it btw) but I never knew there was a historical inspiration for it.

Gah, Chiaki's dad as Bluebeard is so deliciously dark. (Combined with that picture, I'm not sure if I'm sleeping tonight) I don't want to make light of what de Rais actually did, but I could totally see him as one of the demons' hosts. The same demon that possessed Chiaki's father during the wax statues incident.

But maybe demons can't be the scapegoat here, and he's just the reincarnation of de Rais. But obviously he wouldn't have the power to reincarnate...How did Noin survive this long, again? Isn't it weird how Kaiki's stayed so young-looking after all this time? what do you mean he and Bluebeard aren't the same race that already got hand-waved with Noin

• Upvote 1

Duuude, I've always loved the Bluebeard story (this is a really good modernization of it btw) but I never knew there was a historical inspiration for it.

Gah, Chiaki's dad as Bluebeard is so deliciously dark. (Combined with that picture, I'm not sure if I'm sleeping tonight) I don't want to make light of what de Rais actually did, but I could totally see him as one of the demons' hosts. The same demon that possessed Chiaki's father during the wax statues incident.

But maybe demons can't be the scapegoat here, and he's just the reincarnation of de Rais. But obviously he wouldn't have the power to reincarnate...How did Noin survive this long, again? Isn't it weird how Kaiki's stayed so young-looking after all this time? what do you mean he and Bluebeard aren't the same race that already got hand-waved with Noin

Oooh, a modernization? And it's free...? -slams the download button-

I read this first around 5-something in the morning and had to bite back a loud "OH MY GOD." Kaiki as a demon knight. Um... yikes. I gotta say, he's pretty friendly as far as they would come. XD

I wonder just how long it takes for a possessed human to become a demon knight in the KKJ universe? Chiaki had said something about Zen being almost completely gone. But if the demons are growing more and more powerful, wouldn't we see more like Noin? Also, Kaiki was the first character that Maron noticed an increase in strength. But some of the later heists aren't nearly as difficult (like her teacher on Valentine's Day).

Perhaps he was possessed by a stronger demon? (Like... Guiles de Rais, perhaps?) It seems there could be a hierarchy in demons. (Maybe like the angels.) And most demons don't have a physical form. They need a host, who then becomes a demon themselves if it's too late, etc, etc...

Of course, Noin is the exception to that rule. But didn't Noin say Satan gave him a physical form?

This also makes me wonder why Satan didn't just possess Maron's parents through the usual means before she could do anything about it. Because she'd have absolutely no way to save her parents if they ever found themselves at the same ranking as Noin. Satan must be kinder than we thought.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a demon level system was covered in one of the 4-komas but pretty much never mentioned in the main story. I think demon knight ranked pretty high on the list? So I can totally see the system working with demon knight as the final tier, wherein the demon has gathered so much power from their host through time or just by themselves initially that they can trigger the transformation.

Actually, yeah, it's totally weird how Maron's parents never became fully demonic the way Zen was supposed to :o. I guess it's less about incubation time and more about how powerful initially the demon is? When they were sort of painting Satan in a sympathetic light at the end what is this Paradise Lost? they totally could've played that card: "at least he didn't PERMANENTLY lobotomize your parents"

Adding more to the demon knight!Kaiki theory:

I can't recall if this has been discussed on here or on a chat with one of you guys over tumblr IM or Skype, but I remember talking about Kaiki looking so young and someone brought up the holy water from Fin's backstory. Apparently it's supposed to heal and (probably?) extend a person's life, right? Suppose Kaiki somehow had access (access... heh) to the holy water and was in line? Obviously this was before the incident with Fin.

Consider some elements of SHK. It's based on the tale of Princess Kaguya, which involves an elixir for immortality. In this story, this elixir was burnt on Mount Fuji. (Or something along those lines.) In SHK, it's called "moon spring water." If anyone drinks this water, they become a demon who lives forever.

Back to KKJ. Where is Maron's camping trip located? In the mountains. When does Access find Celcia and Toki? Frozen in the holy water in a mountain.

tumblr_nn499efu7R1sh43kgo1_400.gif

Ooooh, I can totally see that.

Here's something less dark and more straight-up sad for you: what if he'd gone to get some holy water in hopes of saving his wife, Chiaki's mother? He'd done everything he could medically to help her--the only thing that could save her at that point was the sort of miracle only shooting stars and holy water and divine intervention could beget.

So he takes the day off and goes to the shrine personally because he heard actually praying there helped and he's still holding the vial of holy water when he returns to the hospital.

And then he sees the expression on his son's face as he steps into the room and he Knows......maybe the holy water could have saved his wife's life, maybe it couldn't have, but it's too late either way now. And not only has she passed away, but it also happened while he wasn't there. i just checked and he's not in the background in the panel where Chiaki's crying over his mother And thus begins Chiaki's resentment of him, and his resentment of himself for not being there when his wife died. He uses the holy water to wash down his drink that night.

Oh yeah, I can totally see the elixir=holy water thing, especially since the holy water's existence was never fully explained. Gu-chan's also totally the holy pig that Enju's followers accidentally create in that one 4-koma; these are #trufax

• Upvote 1

@Ariange:

Initial reaction image (in spoiler tags to avoid stretching the page):

tumblr_inline_o4ex00vPlC1sv5szs_400.png

Despite the emotional pain it gives me, I really like your theory because it shows a side of Kaiki we never saw (but I'm 99.99% certain exists). We only see him as this weird, happy-go-lucky hospital director who annoys and teases his son constantly.

You can't help but wonder why Chiaki resents him. That is, until we learn about his mother's death and Kaiki's subsequent "serial" marriages. But even then, Kaiki isn't a bad guy at all.

This is why I love Kaiki and Maron's interaction in the library. Maron doesn't get why Chiaki hates his father because it's so clear to her that he loves his son. (Granted, her parents haven't shown her they care much at all. Family dynamics are still something relatively "new" to her.) He went out of his way trying to find him. Hell, Kaiki even kidnapped Maron and Miyako to figure out why Chiaki left. He had no intention of forcing him back home.

Anyways, my favorite part of your theory is this bit:

And then he sees the expression on his son's face as he steps into the room and he Knows......maybe the holy water could have saved his wife's life, maybe it couldn't have, but it's too late either way now. And not only has she passed away, but it also happened while he wasn't there. i just checked and he's not in the background in the panel where Chiaki's crying over his mother And thus begins Chiaki's resentment of him, and his resentment of himself for not being there when his wife died. He uses the holy water to wash down his drink that night.

I appreciate the "logic" we get to see in this theory. It's not that Kaiki is too cowardly or afraid to see his wife. He's doing what little he can for her, which at this point isn't much. But what kills me is the miscommunication that adds to Chiaki's resentment. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaiki simply accepts his son's feelings because he feels he deserves it.

Adding a bit more to your theory: perhaps the holy water/elixir might "heal" emotions, too? Which might explain why Kaiki goofs off so much.

You guys have great imaginations. XD

I'd like to figure out the missing pieces of Izumi's past, here. Like, we're sure his father died, right? Why did his mother burn her husband's photo? o_O I always found that effed up. lol Did he cheat on her and then die later? She didn't seem to have remorse over his death. She also accused Izumi of "being just like that man". So what did that man do to her? What did Izumi do that resembled his father's actions?

FILL IN THE BLANKS!! GO!! xD