Forums
Chiibi

CHIIBI MET ARINA

:FMMitsukilol:

First, my apologies for being so late about this. Stuff was going on.

So.........Arina.

Omg

OMGGGGGG

SHE'S A REAL PERSON.

Well, I mean.....XD It STILL feels so surreal. It's taking forever to organize my thoughts because of this!

I guess let's start from the very beginning

PART ONE: PAP. Pain-in-the-Ass-Preparation

You guys may or may not find this excruciatingly detailed part one boring. I will try to make it fun. See, I feel I can't leave this stuff out. It was a BIG part of the experience. I want you all to understand just....how.....STRESSFUL this whole ordeal was for me. XD; And how much I busted my ass to make my idol happy because THIS IS HOW MUCH I LOVE HER WORKS.

I had originally planned to update my doujinshi and fanartz and write a long-ass fan letter and make presents and put them all into a big ol' binder, ready to give to her.

By Aug 18.

YEAH. THAT HAPPENED.

However, contrary to my worst fear, I didn't completely blow it. I got started on the FMWS cast figures early enough and managed to finish them about a day beforehand....(yes, I know you want to see them. I will post pictures in part 3)

And then of course, Murphy's F*cking Law kicked in like it ALWAYS DOES WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING SOMETHING PRECIOUSLY IMPORTANT.

And I was like "F*ck......the figures aren't gonna fit in the 10th anniversary box!! FML"

(The 10th anniversary box is basically the current banner I made....in 3D wooden box form. lined with black felt, lace, and a little ribbon :'D

You're probably thinking it was amazing I had completed THAT on time but the truth is, I was gonna sell it at the Art Auction at AnimeNext 2012.

Ha......

There WAS no Art Auction at AnimeNext2012! I was mad but when I found out TANEMURA-F*CKING-ARINA-SENSEI was coming back to the USA, I said "F*ck the fans-ARINA'S GETTING THIS BOX." xD

(No offense to you, dear fans. :'D)

*shot*

Um........anyway, I needed a new container for the figures. BECAUSE I LIVE IN GLORIOUS EAST KABUMF*CK NORTH HUNTINGDON PA, IT'S SO EASY TO FIND A NICE ART DISPLAY BOX WITHIN FIVE MILES. HAHA NOT. :FMTakutorage:

I tried to make a nice box out of plastic pieces → FAIL.

I tried to find something at work → FAIL.

I tried Wal-mart → FAIL.

I tried the hobby shop-oops it's closed at this hour → FAIL.

Oh, but that wasn't the ONLY dilemma. I had already long decided I was going to be Jeanne the first day of the con.

Yeah, too bad I couldn't find those damn gold bracelets she wears that I had made when I was 16.

:FMMitsukiGAAAN:

On top of all this crisis shit, I

*did not have my fanart or doujinshi printed out NOR organized in the binder

*did not have my fan letter done

*did not have several OTHER fanletters translated

*was not packed

*didn't have cosplay details done

*had a four hour work shift that day which gave me about a total of SIX hours to get all this shit ready lest I decided to screw the idea of sleeping at all that night.

roflju.png

(A picture's really worth a thousand words, isn't it?)

At this point, I had to *GASP* think rationally. I had to pick what was most important.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU EVERYTHING WAS SO IMPORTANT.

So I had to pick what could absolutely NOT be delayed any further.

I chose translating, packing, and printing. Cosplay and organizing could be done in the hotel room, after all.

In the end, I still didn't have my art box for the figures.

I called my friend.

I said, "We have to stop at a craft store tomorrow before the airport. NO NEGOTIATIONS."

He basically said, "I'm going to kill you but okay."

With the materials and box crisis solved, I got to bed at.....oh.....FOUR-F*CKING-THIRTY, I BELIEVE.

My dad who fell asleep on the couch (like always) came downstairs at four-fifteen and said, "You're still awake?"

He didn't sound angry or upset.

It was a tone of complete awe.

'YES!" I snapped. :FMTakutorage:

I chose to wake up at 7:30 instead of my normal 8:00 when I usually work 9:00 a.m. mornings. Which means I got three hours of sleep. But I had to, in order to get more of my fanart printed.

It still wasn't completely printed before I left. Chibi mitsuki's fanart hadn't been sent to me yet either. And I still hadn't finished my fan letter.

Right now, I was like:

mitsukiohnoes.jpg

PAP: TO BE CONTINUED LULZ

(If you are thinking, "Yeah, I don't care about your stress crap, GET TO THE PART ABOUT SENSEI ALREADY, CHIIBI, please kindly check back on Monday. kthnx)

• Upvote 4

"SHE'S A REAL PERSON" Too funny to read whilst eating xD Repressing...laughter...so...difficult!!!!!!!

I care about your stress part! It does indeed add to the experiance :)

Interesting, can't wait for part 2 and I really really want to know how she reacted to the gift and art we sent her plus you are soooooo luckyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleep: I wish I was there and saw her!

-Sythe Axe

:FMFMlove:

• Upvote 1

I care about your stress part! It does indeed add to the experiance :)

This! And the way you wrote all that Chiibi was insanely entertaining in the absolute best way possible XD. I'm actually eagerly awaiting the next installment like it's an epic adventure series or something XD.

• Upvote 1

That awkward moment when you know the story because of hearing it from Skype... XD

Really happy this all happened to you BTW, I am pretty sure you are the most dedicated fan of hers that I know. >w

...Also saw the picture on Twitter and your comment... lol

uhh no I'm not a stalker >w

XDDDDDD

sorry am I ruining the suspense for everyone? XD

Um it wasn't Chiibi I heard from Roy. lol He randomly messaged me and even forgot who I was but I have Sakura on my avatar on skype so. =P

XD I actually do not have Skype, you guys, sorry! I tried to get it but my computer was like....."wtf is this shit?" XD

You guys are so nice! I'm glad you are enjoying the write-up. Unfortunately I won't be able to post an update until tomorrow night. >_

I'm very sorry! *bows*

XDDDDDDD

Don't worry it's definitely tough to be busy and stuff. @.@

Well we are looking forward to hearing what you have to say. lol Take your time with it so you don't forget any details. LOL

ONWARD TO PAP: PART 2

So....okay, like I said, a lot of stuff wasn't done still. And the things that WERE done?

I was like "Okay, at least I have the fan letter college printed out well enough?

Right?

WRONG.

THE PRINTER CUT OFF THE TOP OF IT

maronfawk.jpg

I didn't have anymore time to re-print it. I was freaking out. I was letting everyone down, I was letting Arinafans down, I was letting Arina down, hell, most of all, I was letting MYSELF down. See, this is exactly what I DID NOT WANT TO HAPPEN.

Alas, it was time for work and I was ready to go into my emo corner of woe....and I don't even have an emo corner of woe because I'm normally such a positive, optimistic, happy-go-lucky little fool but right now.....

763898.jpg

"I AM TRASH. I AM WORTHLESS. I DESERVE TO DIE."

So I'm at work, at the cash register, with my face like this:

(=A=)|||@ "Welcome to the Salvation Army Family Store. Go f*ck yourself."

no, I didn't actually say that to anyone

..........but then, out of NOWHERE......something suddenly occurred to me.

fullmoonowo.jpg

A......data CD.

I COULD GIVE HER A F*CKING DATA CD. It'd even be better than a half-assed scrapbook because EVERYTHING LOOKS BETTER ON A COMPUTER SCREEN. I MEAN, DUH, CHIIBI, WHERE IS UR BRAIN TODAY?

Upon having this glorious epiphany, I pulled a Madoka.

No, I don't mean Kaname Madoka, the puella magi.

I mean I pulled a Wakamatsu Madoka:

lifeisbeautiful.jpg

Yes, it is, children.

YES, IT SURE AS HELL F*CKING IS.

During my entire four-hour work shift, I was smiling and laughing and talking giddily to the customers, who were all COMPLETE strangers.

I never do this.

I bet my co-workers thought there was something wrong.

I went home, finished packing and was able to buy last-minute cosplay materials and the art display box, in plenty of time before our flight took off.

Now um how was the flight, you might ask?

Annoying.

Why?

Ever travel with a nicotine-addicted person? If you have, you know that while traveling upon an aircraft, they are not permitted to smoke.

Nor are they permitted to smoke in the airport.

So I had to deal with my close and dear yet psychotic-when-he-hasn't-had-a-cigarette friend who kept POKING me and asking me:

"What time is it?"

Every.

F*cking.

Five.

Minutes.

*poke*"What time is it?"

*poke* "What time is it?"

*poke* "What time is it?"

takutorawr02.jpg

"LOOK AT YOUR OWN GODDAMN WATCH!!"

"It's not set" he replies.

=__________=

tumblr_m87tebRCM21r5kl4eo1_250.gif

We landed without further incident. Picked up our luggage, no problem.

But I forgot all about the time difference. Which means I had told Roy 9-ish instead of 8ish.

Oops.

But after a few texts and calls, he was able to locate us and drive us to our hotel.

BUT ROY DRIVES LIKE A MADMAN.

ep29ll.jpg

You'll be kissing the ground after getting into a car with him.

Okay, I'm exaggerating. XD

but only a little bit.

At the hotel, my work was still far from done. I made one of Jeanne's gold wristlets and got the FMWS cast into their box safely though.

fullmoongonin.jpg

I was proud of my work!! And it was like, only 2:30 a.m.! :FMFMOMG:

FORTUNATELY for me and my friend, who were both DEAD TIRED, the con was not supposed to start until noon and Arina wasn't supposed to start autographs until SIX.

So we caught up on our sleep finally and in the morning...er, okay, NOON, (XD) I did my best to finish up the fanart book and fan letters. Roy helped me out with printing them at a Staples....somewhere.

and I paid f*cking 25 dollars to get online just to upload my files to him so Arina could have a nice, printed book.

That just shows you how much I adore you, Arinacchi.

So in the end, he let me have first place in line for the autograph session. XD

Who was the first cosplayer I did see?

meandjeanne.jpg

WHY, IT WAS JANNU!

She wasn't the only one.....

jeannexshinigamiz.jpg

YAY :FMMitsukiyay:

We spent those glorious two hours talking about how wonderful sensei was and posing for pictures. I even met cat-chan who is also a member of ArinaFans! And I told all other non-members about our websites and wrote down the addresses for them. I was in seventh heaven. XD SO many Arina fans....squeeing with them in person....what a dream come true!

And then, five minutes to, I saw the star herself come up onto the little platform.

And reality smacked me in the face.

I was about to meet Tanemura Arina.

I was about to meet the woman I had wanted to meet for ELEVEN YEARS since I was sixteen, the one who inspired me to pour my soul into drawing manga, who created my biggest obsession in the universe of obsessions, my idol, the woman who I admired more than ANYONE else and this was going to be possibly a once-in-a-lifetime-event.

fullmoonfreakout.jpg

Oh yeah.

Time to hyperventilate.

End of PAP: Part 2. To be continued in HSITFAK: (Holy Shit, It's Tanemura F*cking Arina, Kyaa)

• Upvote 4

UGHHH I WANT TO KNOW MORE.

These are legit the best posts ever, love reading them!! :D

Also, totally relate with your cigarette friend. Poor guy should have done what I do: Note book....write....write....write....RUN OFF PLANE WHEN IT'S FINALLY THERE, GET OUT OF AIRPORT AT LIGHTNING SPEED....SMOKE...COLLAPSE 8D

I recognize that Meroko cosplayer but cannot place her :o

Thankyou so much for being so awesome, Sorry that you stressed so much about getting our gift to Arina, though D: But thankyou so much for giving it to her, OMG, SHE HAS A PIECE OF OUR ART, OUR SOUL, SHE HAS SEEN SOMETHING THAT I DID, READ MY WORDS. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :FMMitsukiyay:

I was about to meet the woman I had wanted to meet for ELEVEN YEARS since I was sixteen

You're 27 and still that small? XD

*shot*

plzdunkillme >W

Chiibi your storytelling is great but too slowwwwwwww

or maybe I'm just impatient...? LOL

I likes the gifs and stuff u put in tho. =P

...did you really bang your head on a wall, that must hurt. LOL

^(°O°)^

wow! i cant imagine how tiring it must have been for you! a-and ahahah xD you've made the posts as funny as they could be, i had to hide my snorts of laughter (especially at the Madoka bit xD) because my twin was next to me, she'd be like "wtf are you doing?" =3= a-and wow! i've seen all of those cosplayers on arina's twitter :o im jealous, i dont think i will ever be able to cosplay as perfect as all of you ;_; pluu pluuup...

and yaaay i cant wait till your next part,you sounded like you were sooo tired, i hope you rested well after all this :o (>^3^)> i wouldnt be able to handle all that stress at all o_o x

*stares at the screen, reading PAP parts again and again, and patiently waiting for HSITFAK* x

These posts are hilarious (hilarious in a good way, especially with the formatting emphasis and added pictures

Your cosplay and FWoS figures are so cute! :D

*repeatedly refreshes site for next installment*

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need you to continue wrighting... c'mon please :FMMerokoyay: oh and love the fact that you added pics to show how you felt and stuff those pics made me laught alot.... keep them comeing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol2:

That hotel looks almost exactly like the AnimeIowa hotel it's scary...

Now that you mention it.... I can't believe that it's not AI....

BWR: WHAT!? YOU SMOKE!? SMOKING IS BAD! :FMMerokoscold: Glad you like my posts though. XD

@Syun: Yeah, I am and so is my mom. GOTTA PROBLEM WIDDIT!? EH? :FMTakutoblink: (If you must know, I stopped growing at one point of my life because of malnutrition. Hur. Glad you asked now?)

No, I didn't really bang my head on a wall cause there weren't no wall on the plane close enough for me to reach. :FMMitsukihaha: I just very much WANTED to bang my head on a wall. Yes, I'm slow at story-telling. My bad. I've just been very occupied lately.

@Everyone else: Glad to amuse you. XD I really enjoy making the posts!

PART 3: Holy Shit, It's Tanemura-F*cking-Arina! KYAA :SHKOhno:

So......though I am prone to anxiety attacks (when I don't take my medication), I didn't actually hyperventilate. But I remember I was trembling a bit and my heart was pounding hard.

kininatte.jpg

I had a lot of things to carry (mostly the presents) but my friend helped me. He asked to hold the dolls. I said NO WAI. Arina was the very first guest sitting at the table. She had a stack of Meroko cards-the same image she uses on her new blog.

I gaped at her....like a derp.

Because, you all may remember when you read her freetalk, this woman thinks she's fat, ugly, and hates her face.

Well, I'm SURE you're never gonna guess what I'm about to post next....

IT'S NOT TRUE. NONE OF IT'S TRUE!! SHE'S CRAZY. SHE IS VERY VERY CUTE!

Actually I don't see too many Asian women who don't look cute

Anyway, when she looked up at me, I was shaking, my voice was shaking but I didn't forget my Japanese.

I said,

"Zutto zutto zutto ZUTTO aitakatta nan desu!"

(I have always always always ALWAYS wanted to meet you!)

Her eyes went very wide. (Because Japanese are normally surprised when Americans speak their language fluently to them, even anime fans XD)

"Hontou desuka!?" (Really!?) she said.

And feeling uncannily like an overwhelmed shoujo heroine giving her crush chocolate on Valentine's Day, I bowed and held out the gift bag, saying,

"Watashi to minna no fan no kimochi uketotte kudasai!! Hai! Purenzento desu!"

(Please accept mine and all the fans of yours's feelings! Here! These are presents!)

"Arigatou!" she said, bowing.

Her assistant took the present and put it under the table, and I was kicking myself for not taking it out of the bag for her to see it first because I REALLY wanted to see her reaction-DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT! :FMTakutorage:

But then she and her assisant were looking at my Mitsuki and Takuto dolls. I told her in Japanese I had made their clothes.

"Kawaii~" she said. One of Mitsuki's pigtails came off. "Ah!" she said.

"Daijoubu, daijoubu" I replied, hooking it back on. XD Then she reached her hand out. I thought she might have been reaching for Takuto so I held him out and she shook his tiny hand and we giggled.

Then she waved bye, I thanked her, bowed, and stepped off the platform.

"Well?" my friend said.

"...........I wanna see her again." I said without hesitation, like a robot.

"You'll get to see her three more times."

"I wanna see her again!"

"You'll see her!"

"That wasn't long enough!"

"I know."

"But I wasn't sure what she was reaching for."

"I think she was trying to shake your hand."

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"............what!?"

"That's why I said to give me the doll!" he insisted.

TANEMURA.

ARINA.

WAS.

GOING.

TO.

SHAKE.

MY.......

weirdchibi.jpg

That hadn't even occured to me....

stupid.jpg

F*CK-F*CKITY-F*CK-F*CK. WHAT A COMPLETE F*CKING MORON!!! IDIOT! TOTAL DERP!

tumblr_m87tebRCM21r5kl4eo1_250.gif

I'm trying to remember what I did after that....oh yeah, I went to a panel. It wasn't an Arina panel so who cares XD

We went back to our hotel room around 10. I took out random pages from my doujinshi series that NOBODY has ever ever EVER been allowed to see, photographed them and put them on the data CD along with the fanart college and the rest of my collection that I couldn't fit into the binder. I made sure to emphasize in my fan letter that Sensei was very beautiful and she shouldn't think badly of herself and when she doesn't feel pretty, to please remember my words because it was the honest truth.

I burnt the disc the next morning, drew her little persona on it and received a call from Roy saying the panel moved from 4 to 2.

"CRAP!" I said, and picked up the pace.

To make sure we got good seats, we got there two hours early....and decided for the hell of it to sit through the panel right before hers. When we went up to sit at the front, I noticed some petite Asian women sitting a few rows back, looking suspiciously familiar.

:FMMitsukiOO:

"I THINK SHE'S BEHIND US!" I hissed to my friends.

Roy kept turning around to look at her.

"Stop staring at her! You'll freak her out!"I hissed at him. XD

"Should I go give her the hat?"

"NO! Just leave her alone!"

I was laughing though. I couldn't believe she was behind us!! The panel was about another artist who had animated/directed many anime movies and series. I'm lame so I can't remember them at all. Or even his name.

Probably because Tanemura-F*cking Arina was sitting right behind me!

I thought she was here because she was a fan of this male artist. I thought that was cool of her.

I left this other guy's panel to visit the bathroom. On my way there, I saw...

thecutesttardisever.jpg

JUST THE CUTEST LITTLE TARDIS EVER! :FMFMlove:

And also

souleatergang.jpg

:FMFMOMG:

The other guy's panel was almost over. We were counting down the minutes!

(I am so sorry, guy XD)

HSITFAK to be continued........TOMORROW (I promise XD)

• Upvote 3

Sadly I had the money to go but wasn't able to get down there this time around.

Although my next year con schedule is going to be cut back a lot for 2 reasons:

Been to tons of cons, don't really need to go to as many anymore.

- I'm going to need to cut a few cons of my list if I seriously want to make AnimeNEXT this year.

• Upvote 1

Otaku and Access: OMG that does look similar O.o

Chiibi: *GIVES FOOD* NOW GROW *shot* =P *runs and hides* Did you bang your head on the wall in part 3? Surely there was a wall around... =P

NEW SERIES WHAT ABOUT TANEMURA Y U KEEP SECRET

I swear, all mangaka must pass a secret test that is forbidden for the general public to know -- a test in which they prove if they are big enough trolls. *sigh*

=P