Forums
Chiibi

CHIIBI MET ARINA

Omigosh, that's so amazing! I'm trying to supress a "squee" since I'm in the middle of class, but wow, she sounds so wonderful!

WOAHH! i cant imagine how scary but exciting it would have been to actually speak to her O_o you're so lucky to have met her :3 asdfghjkl

and

ANOTHER SERIES?! WHEN?!? WHERE?!! HOW??! WHO?!! WHAT?!! YAAAY OMG I STILL HAVE TO CATCH UP ON HER OTHER MANGAAAAHS!!! plupluu =3=

OuO could it be her dream story??

she said in one volume in fullmoon that her dream story will never be published.... ;_; but who knows? O_o

WOAHH! i cant imagine how scary but exciting it would have been to actually speak to her O_o you're so lucky to have met her :3 asdfghjkl

and

ANOTHER SERIES?! WHEN?!? WHERE?!! HOW??! WHO?!! WHAT?!! YAAAY OMG I STILL HAVE TO CATCH UP ON HER OTHER MANGAAAAHS!!! plupluu =3=

OuO could it be her dream story??

she said in one volume in fullmoon that her dream story will never be published.... ;_; but who knows? O_o

THIS is what Access and I were talking about! She said it was too dark and violent!

CAN'T WAIT, HOPE IT IS!!

@Chiibi: Yeah ^^;;;; Owo'' Been smoking for five years now LOL.

This was so asdfghjkl exciting Chiibi! I feel like I'm at the con and meeting her and everything with you

DUDEEEE

Seizure alert maybe??? XDDDDDDDDDDD

owwwwwwwmy eyezzzz X.X

But yeah I can't wait to see what kind of series she's coming out with next ^_^

That was a reply to section 2! I'm only seeing section 3 now! I actually think it's better that you got Takuto to shake her hand, because that makes you stand out! I'm sure she shook many hands, your meeting will be more memorable♥

Hi all! Thanks for the link to the transcript. I was writing from memory several days after the convention. It completely floored me when Chiibi started asking questions in Japanese and it took me a couple of minutes to recover. So if I left anything out please let me know.

I can relate to your nervousness Chiibi! When it was my turn to ask a question my mind went completely blank and my stomach was in my throat. I was a little mind numb after that too so I might have missed the question after mine.

Chiibi, did you know arinacchi posted your pic on her twitter feed? http://twitpic.com/aq5wy9

It was Saturday shortly after the autograph session. I loved the cosplay costumes. So glad I found everyone online!

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Here's a hallway walkthrough video from the first (and only) time I've gone there:

This looks like the hall at AnimeIo.... oh.

IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT, SYUN! :FMTakutorage: First of all, if you actually did research, you would find that women stop growing at age 24! So, no point. I can't change all of the suddenly into someone taller. Second of all, I. LIKE. MY. HEIGHT. JUST. FINE. YOU are the only one who seems to have a problem with it, YOU are the only one on this whole damn forum who always feels like she has to jack me about my size and age. YOU might think it's just fun and games but the truth is,a little more sensitivity to people's feeings WOULDN'T KILL YA?

You know when the last time kids made fun of my height was?

F*cking middle school.

For the last time, Syun.

Please.

Grow.

Up.

@Mitsuki, BWR, and Access:

I don't mean to bring you guys down....but I don't think her secret new series will be the one with all the murder in it. Because I recall her referring to that one as "the last series". She's only 36. Too early for her to throw in the towel now. Hell, Rumiko Takahashi's still drawing manga and SHE'S 66! Or...more. Not sure. She's OLD though!

But now that Arina has the freedom to do what she pleases for other mags, no doubt in my mind she will be able to draw that final series for us someday.

@Feath: Ah, that's a good point. XD I bet it's a special memory for her now! Yay! Thank you for bringing that to mind. XD

@Elle: YES, I KNOW AND COMMENTED. XD

PART 4: HOLY SHIT, IT'S TANEMURA-F*CKING ARINA-KYAA

SO THEN, ARINAAAAAAA'S PANEL STARRRRRRTED!!!!

The room was so full of people! I was happy to see that she was so loved!

Like she should be.....

meronod_zps1d600d55.gif

The Viz lady, you know, the one she drew in Mistress Fortune was there (I STILL F*CKING HATE YOU VIZZZZZ) introduced Sensei and we all clapped and cheered for her.

"DAISUKI DESU!" I screamed joyfully. XD

The Viz lady went on to explain things that everyone in the room already knew, i.e. Arina's works.

STOP WASTIN' TIME, HO. WE ALREADY KNOW HOW AWESOME HER SERIES ARE. THAT'S WHY WE BE HEER?

:FMTakutosweatdrop:

And then she was like "Now, I'm guessing lots of you have questions for her so we'll spend most of the panel doing that. So please form a line over here."

QUESTIONS!? F*CK YEAH, I HAVE ONE OR FIFTY!

I was first in line. Of course.

"May I ask it in Japanese?" I asked shyly.

"Douzo." Arina said.

I bet her translator already hated me because she'd have to not only translate Sensei's answers but MY questions as well.

LOL. :FMMitsukilol:

AND NOW.

PRESENTING THE ANSWERS TO SHIT YOU ALL MIGHT HAVE BEEN WONDERING FOR +9 YEARS IF YOU ARE ANYTHING LIKE ME.

Chiibi: "Um...this might be a strange question but...is there any particular reason you cut Takuto's hair?"

(SHUT UP. THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT.)

Arina:*thinking* "Hmmm...why did I, I wonder?"

*we both giggle*

Then she said, "It was to make him look more human, from the transition of shinigami to human."

OMG.

DAT MAKES SENSE.

Chiibi: "Okay....you wrote that Eichi will always be Mitsuki's #1 hero but.....ISN'T THAT A LITTLE HORRIBLE TO TAKUTO!?"

*everybody laughs*

Arina: "ALL of the fans really loved Takuto. So I wanted to give Eichi-kun a lot of love. I love him because his personality is so similar to mine. Takuto is completely different from me but I love him too!"

*Chiibi is thinking 'what personality?' but she keeps her Chiibi mouth shut XD*

Chiibi: "Lastly...do you see Mitsuki and Takuto getting married in the future?"

ARINA *cheerful smile* : HAI!

Chiibi: "OH THANK GOD!!

haineyaaay.jpg

:FMMitsukiTakuto: :FMMitsukiTakuto: :FMMitsukiTakuto: :FMMitsukiTakuto: :FMMitsukiTakuto: :FMMitsukiTakuto:

IN YOUR F*CKING FACE, HATEHS.

IN.

YOUR.

F*CKING.

FACE.

I'd now like to present a very special image and message to a very special group of individuals who were all very special non-believers due to very special biased preferences.

Now I say this with the utmost respect to their individual opin...pft...PAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'M SORRY.

I'M SORRY.

I CAN'T TYPE THAT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.

I'm going to be BRUTALLY HONEST : YOU ALL SUCK!!!

gloattimezplz_zpsd971a69a.jpg

dokuro-chan_laugh.gif

*GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT*

......w-wait, I'm not done....

minecoloredcopymy2cleared_zpsa088b41f.jpg

TakuMi_Forever_Button_by_Chiibi.gif

...........okay.

There were more questions~

Fan: I like Eichi-kun. Why......why did he have to die!?

*everybody laughs*

Arina: The story of Full Moon is ABOUT Eichi's death. If he doesn't die, the story cannot begin.

Me: *thinking* Big fat duh?

Fan: Who is the hardest character for you to draw?

Arina: Mitsuki-chan. Because her personality is so different; she is a very shy girl and I am not.

*everyone laughs*

Fan: What inspired Full Moon's story?

Arina: I once drew a shy girl. I thought why is she shy? Oh, maybe she is sick. It began from there.

Fan: Why was Time Stranger KYOKO so short!?

Arina: My editor didn't like Kyoko-chan's headstrong personality. There were also many letters from fans saying they didn't like the series so I had to end it quickly.

*everybody whines in protest* XD

Fan: Is there a new series you're working on?

Arina: There will be a new one but it's a secret for now!

*everybody whines in protest* XD

Fan: What made you decide to be a manga-ka?

Arina: I've loved to draw ever since I was very little. My cousin saw the drawings and asked me what the story was behind the characters. I said "To do that, I first have to become a manga-ka!" And that's how it happened!

Fan: Had you ever thought of Haine being with Shizumasa?

Arina: I did think about the possibility once and then I said....that's not going to happen!

*everyone laughs*

Fan: Your costumes, especially from Full Moon are so detailed and elaborate. Did you ever regret making them like that?

Arina: When I was drawing Full Moon, my hand hurt so much at the end of the day!

Fan: How long do you have to draw one manga chapter?

Fan: A week.

Fan: For rough drafts or the whole thing, dialogue, tones, etc.

Arina: Everything must be done in one week.

Me: O________________O*thinking* HOLY F*CK...... :FMMitsukiGAAAN:

Fan: Will Shiraishi ever win Ion's love?

*entire room laughs hard XD*

Arina: Not even if it takes him his whole life!

Me: Poor guy! XD

(I seriously feel bad for him) :FMMitsukiwah:

Fan: Where did you get the inspiration to draw such cute, amazing clothes?

Arina: My own wardrobe! *stands up to show us her outfit XD*

Fan: If you could cosplay any character, who would it be?

Arina: *thinks* "Sakura! With the nine layer kimono!"

*everyone laughs*

There will be more Q&A in PART FIVE!!

Arina then said she wanted to ask US some questions!

"What's your favorite series?"

Majority: FULL MOON!!

*laughter*

She took a poll on raised hands for favorite character.

GUESS WHO WON?

takutof-ckyeah_zpsc46b7aab.jpg

All of us screamed as she drew the god of bishounen in about five minutes on a GIANT easel sketchbook.

IN SHARPIE.OMGWHUT

With his tongue sticking out.

Viz lady did trivia questions, handing out DVDs (seriously, Viz, F*CK YOU, WAY TO REMIND US WHAT YOU DID WRONG) and artbooks to winners.

Me: Ho-hum I know all the answers but I have all this sheeyat. :FMFMsleepy:

Then Arina suggested to make the SKETCH the final prize.

alkjfalkjfaldkjfelsjforeipjfogiraejfkl;wejf;lj

:FMMitsukiOO:

GIMME.

"What does Maimai value most of all?"

My hand shot up, the same time ONE other girl raised hers.

IT WAS A GODDAMN TIE. I SWEAR IT. I'LL SWEAR IT TO THE GRAVE IT WAS A GODDAMN TIE!!

But no.

They gave it to her anyway.

manga07.jpg

I um.......did not take this turn of events very well.

merocry.jpg

After the panel, (Arina shook everyone's hand so I didn't screw that up again lol)

I kinda wandered around like.......a zombie, a black raincloud above my head.

I went to the dealer's room.

Couldn't find anything I even slightly wanted. Nothing but apathy....even towards the cutest of figures.

Oh shit, this was serious!

I tried not to let it get to me. I really tried.

And really failed. My friend said, "Let's go back to the room." Wordlessly, I followed.

By the time he opened the door, there were tears in my eyes.

BACK TO THE EMO CORNER OF WOE....

Emo-Corner-ouran-high-school-host-club-8543518-886-607.jpg

I was really really really REALLY hating myself right now.

I was an adult yet I was acting like a spoiled little brat...only BABIES cried when they didn't get what they wanted!

But it just felt so unfair. Nobody in the world could've wanted that sketch more than I did. Maybe I was too obsessive. Maybe I freaked Arina out. Maybe she didn't like me. Maybe my showering of gifts and admiration for her had been overboard.

I shared all this with my friend and he comforted me with kind words and gestures. He said I was probably taking it too personally, there could be another chance; we still had two more days with Arina. I remembered my strong philosophy, Everthing Happens For A Reason which helped a bit. My spirits lifted a little, we ordered pizza for dinner, watched Friends for an hour, then headed back for the second autograph session.

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART FIVE.

• Upvote 1

*Chiibi is thinking 'what personality?' but she keeps her Chiibi mouth shut XD*

MY CREYS. I am dying so much right now xD Ah god can't breathe.... SOMEBODY RESUSS ME IF I PASS OUT VIA LAUGHING.

I wish I had been there just to watch your face throughout those answers. Sounds so so so amusing!!

Also, chiibi, how tall are you? I'm fawking short too. 5 foot one or two but this is only a recently thing, I was stuck at four foot something for so long. I also agree. Syun. Sorry. Short people do get a lot of abuse and comments thrown at them, and we've probably all heard it all before by now but it still kinda burns sometimes. We're all friends here and old enough to handle ourselves so, let's be nice.

UGH I WANT HER MURDER SERIES. Now. Right now.

ALSO, DO YOU KNOW HOW GLAD I WAS THAT I GOT TO READ THIS THEN APPROVE IT? BWR WAS FIRST TO READ! SHE HAS BEEN WAITING ON THIS PART FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE TEN MILLION YEARS~! (Thankyou for keeping the updates so frequent, if it was me it'd be an update once a month! Lol!) It's like...I don't ever want this story to end. Ever. Can it just....like.... can you know Arina for EVER and then keep telling us about it? KTNX.

I agree with BWR. Like I never want this story to end!!!!! >

And I'm sorry you didn't get the sketch Chiibi! D: And it's okay that you wanted to cry and be emo. Because honestly, IT WAS A SKETCH BY ARINA TANEMURA. WHO WOULDN'T CRY AFTER NOT GETTING THAT YET BEING SO CLOSE!?!?! But congratulations to the fan who did get the sketch too. :) Have to say, whoever you are, to beat out Chiibi, that's quite a feat.

ALSO.

THANK YOU FOR ASKING WHY ARINA CUT TAKUTO'S HAIR!!!!!!

Plaguing my mind for years. Seriously. XD

I'm so happy that you got to meet her!!! I would have SOLD MY SOUL to be there!

I'm glad you put so much effort into the gifts, and I'm glad that you met other ArinaFans. I've only met ONE in person in my entire life, and that was at my high school's anime club. (Even at Japanese night school, hangout of ridiculous amounts of anime/manga junkies, NO ONE HAS HEARD OF ARINA TANEMURA.)

(NO ONE)

(WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PROVINCE??!!!!)

Anyways, can't wait for the next post!

i just measured myself ;D 147cm's exactly, or almost 58 inches ;D dear me, in year 10 and practically ALL year 9 & 8 students (and a few year 7's) are taller than me..

tbh i quite like being small :3 im used to it, if i had a growth spurt and overshadowed everyone that would be very awkward xD

It's like...I don't ever want this story to end. Ever. Can it just....like.... can you know Arina for EVER and then keep telling us about it? KTNX.

Thirding this, totally. And a good lot of it is because, well, AHHHHH ARINAAAAA, but also your storytelling is amazing ohmygosh.

I was late for school this morning because I was checking the time last minute, decided to pop in because why not, and then saw there was a new post and squealed in a way usually reserved for SHK-releases and read it and cried laughing at certain parts the marriage question images killed me I don't even asdfghjkl and started tearing up for Chiibi when she didn't get the sketch (because I really know no one in the world more deserving of that thing, no offense to the great people of the world, or the girl that got it I don't know you so). And then yeah I was a few minutes late but oh well.

Okay guys sorry. I just really HATE being TALL. =( I always wish I was short so I kinda assume it's all good but I guess short people wanna be tall... Ughh I just hate being so tall compared to all my other female friends. =( boo. I would do anything to be shorter by 3-4 inches at least...

Speaking of being short, I'm not as short as Chiibi, but I'm still only 5'-3" which is pretty short when compared to all of my high school friends who were 3 or 4 inches taller than me. I'm still pretty average height though.

And I want to say that I've been 5'-3" since I was in like NINTH GRADE. So I stopped growing WAAAAAAAAAY before I was 16-years-old let alone 18-years-old.

Sorry to be off-topic. But I wanted to crush all your hopes of getting taller!!!!!!! >:D Muwhahaha. XD Kidding! It could be different for you guys! All genetics.

• Upvote 1

I've been 172cm (about 5' 7.75") since I was like... 11. I am 18 now. I really really REALLY hate being this tall... Being small is LUCKY. Part of why I am socially awkward is because I am so much taller than almost every female friend I have, even though I'm younger than most of them by a good few months... (born in December right at the grade cutoff) This is why I prefer hanging out with guys or a completely mixed group since my guy friends are around my height or a bit taller. Sorry for being off topic, I just hate being so tall.

Anyway it seems like you guys freaked out a lot at the convention. lol I kinda just skimmed it (I'm really hungry and I want to get food after I reply so I am rushing and will come back later, lol) but I dunno if I could handle that kind of "pressure" (not sure if that's the right word, again I am in a rush lol). But maybe it's similar to how I was hanging out with all the Berryz wota at AnimeNEXT... We were running all over the place trying to get the best spots and stuff... And making sure we were first in line and did everything right (so we weren't kicked out, lol)... Maybe I can relate after all... XD

@BWR: I R TEH GLAD U LAUGH. XD I am 4'11. >___> AND I WISH I COULD JUST TELL YOU FOREVER AND EVER. ;_;

@Maron: JOIN TEH CLUB, SISTAH!! DX At least we finally got an answer....and a pretty damn good one, actually!!

@JEWELHEART: U CAN OPEN THEIR EYES!! SHOW THEM THE LIGHT! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY, GURL!

@Feather: I thought that too.....but according to doctors, nupe. XD

@ArinaAngel: EH!? YOU CRIED FOR ME!? REALLY!? I am so touched!! Thank you!! :FMMitsukiwah:

PART FIVE: HOLY SHIT, IT'S TANEMURA-F*CKING-ARINA KYAA

So.......yes. Given the last events, I was a bit crushed....but not devastated. If it was the final day to see her, I would have been devastated but it was not so I was not devastated.

18thplacelol.jpg

BECAUSE I AM OPTIMISTIC.

noutenkibaka.jpg

For good reason.

Have I ever mentioned that anime fans are normally the BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD?

No? Well, here you go:

ANIME FANS ARE THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.

Not just because you can have serious conversations like "How do Gundams molt feathers?" with them.

Not just because you can finish each other's quotes of literally any viral video out there.

Not just because they will not only accept any random behavior you throw at them, but JOIN you.

It's because they are generous, friendly, and cool.

Very....VERY COOL.

There was a guy. A guy second in line for the Japanese guest autographs. We found out he was staff at Akon (huge-ass Texas anime con). We found out he has a fortune in anime, has actually worked and interpreted for guests like AYA HIRANO a.k.a. Suzumiya-Haru-f*cking-hi (turns out she is a spoiled diva hrmm) but most of all

"You know, if you give an artist a blank thing, they normally draw on it for you?"

.................................................... :SHKOhno:

SHUT UP.

He showed us his authentic artist boards, shikishi IMPORTED from a Japanese store in Forth Worth.

HE HAD A WHOLE BUNCH OF THESE BLANK BOARDS.

do-want.jpg

I couldn't quite come up with an image to convey my exact emotions or expression after witnessing this information.....so as an old and wise saying goes, "If you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself."

takemymoneyplz.jpg

He smiled, looking a little hesitant but GAVE ME A BOARD FOR FREE.

After asking if he was really okay with that, I still threw five bucks at him. :FMMitsukihaha: IMPORTED SHIT IS EXPENSIVE AND HE WAS TOO KIND.

SO WHEN I HANDED THE SHIKISHI TO ARINA, SHE SAID "FAVORITE CHARACTER?" AND I TOLD HER AND

SHE

DREW

HIM

FOR

ME.

EVEN BETTER THAN THE >:'p FACE, SHE DREW HIS SMILE FOR ME.

HAWMIGAWDDDDDDD

I could have DIED. I COULD HAVE JUST DIIIIIIIIIED.

BECUZ

A TSUNDERE'S GENTLE SMILE IS A RARE AND PRECIOUS TREASURE THAT IS

GUARANTEED

WITHOUT

FAIL

TO

MAKE

ALL

FANGIRLS GO SQUEE[/size]

I'll give you a moment, girls, to pick yourselves up off the floor now. No doubt that godly collection of images just put you out of commission for a little bit.

Anyway, Roy also got one and a Meroko cosplayer got one of Meroko and we compared them all together!!

autopics.jpg

MINE IS THE MIDDLE ONE. KYA.

It's currently at JoAnn Fabrics, getting framed in BAMBOO AND MUSEUM-QUALITY GLAZZ.

(don't ask for the cost XD not like it even matters lol)

So........you are all probably thinking "That's a big enough dose awesome for one day. It would be impossible to expect more, right?

WRONG!!! :D

Me and the two shinigamiz decided to sit at a table and chat, in sight of Arina's table in hopes that she would spot us and take our pic (she took one of IzuMero before)

AND SO SHE DID AND LO AND BEHOLD, POSTED US ON HER F*CKING TWITPIC GALLERY

LINK

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :SHKOhno:

Oh oh, and two Dancing Mushrooms cosplayers from Disney's Fantasia walked by Arina's table beforehand.

"KAWAII!!" she cried and made them come closer so she could take their picture. XD

SHROOOMS

It was so cute how excited she got over the Mushrooms. XD

It was early in the evening still, but I was on my own after that because the others didn't feel well and went to go rest. So I wandered about because I'm an attention whore to see if I could find more fans or interesting panels and then

THIS HAPPENED!!

fmgroup.jpg

THEN THIS

takutoismine.jpg

THEN THIS!

fmgroup02.jpg

AND MITSUKI AND TAKUTO MADE FRIENDZ TOO

mitandtakmakefriends.jpg

I LOVE THIS CON. THIS CON ROCKS.

BUT IT'S STILL NOT OVER YET!

(To Be Continued in Part 6: HSITFAK)

• Upvote 3

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUCKYY!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR ARE THE LUCKYEST GIRL ALIVE!!!! I HONESTLY CAN'T WHAT FOR PART 6!!!!!!! :D

YAAAAY FOR CHIIBI! im so happy you got a drawing of takuto! its so nice to hear you're happy :

:3:3:3 wahhhh i wanna cosplay, why does everyone look perfect >:[

pluuu =3= x