Forums
Chiibi

CHIIBI MET ARINA

TT^TT

I SOOOOOOOOOO wish I had been there!! Good for you!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAH THAT PICTUREEEEE!

I really love reading about this-it gives me a definite feeling of connection with Arina-Sensei,

Even though I didn't really like Full Moon all that much =_=

But yes. I will go on a grand quest to spread awareness on Arina-Sensei's works.

I will make sure that everyone knows of her greatness!!!!

:MLPAJAngryYell:

Even though I didn't really like Full Moon all that much =_=

:FMFMWTF: Why's that?

S-so the drawing incident has a happy ending after all..*sniffs* :,D I'm so, insanely, glad for you, Chiibi

*begins the building of Chiibi-Shrine because, seriously, guys, Arina's twitter. That is the bucket list check of bucket list checks. It's, like, The Fandom Nobel Prize. I just..Chiibi, being on there is so amazing I can't even put it into words why I'm getting so excited XD.* Also, I think I found the Meroko (in the Twitpic) on Tumblr somewhere, sometime..

Also, random comment, but I relate to well on the "Doing Stuff Yourself" bit..XD.

But yes. I will go on a grand quest to spread awareness on Arina-Sensei's works.

I will make sure that everyone knows of her greatness!!!!

:MLPAJAngryYell:

SO WILL I, I GOTTA RAISE AWARENESS OF HER IN THE UK TOO >:D

LETS DO THIS. :MLPSpikeTakeMoney:

OOOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYY GOSSSSSHHHHHH!

NOTE TO SELF

Wait, I don't need a note, I carry a notepad anywhere anyways xD Yah know in case I find DaVinci walkig around my local Irish little town

Leonardo DaVinci? Uh....Feaths? No offense but I think he's dead. :FMMitsukilol:

Leonardo DaVinci? Uh....Feaths? No offense but I think he's dead. :FMMitsukilol:

he is, he died in the 18th century

• Upvote 1

he is, he died in the 18th century

Actually, the early 16th Century. He died in 1519. 18th century is 1700-1799

That and he was Italian not Irish Feather. From the town of Vinci, in the region of Tuscany, commune (state of sorts) of Firenze (Florence) in Italy. (His name literally translated to Leonardo from Vinci, He did not actually have a last name as he was what is called a "bastard child" i.e. his parents weren't married, and children born out of wedlock back then were simply named as born to of so his full name was Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci translating to Leonardo born to Piero in Vinci)

Although most of his fame came while he lived in La Serenissima (Venice) or Roma (Rome) and he was still relatively and unknown while he lived in Firenze.

• Upvote 1

*Head-desks* Guys I know, I was joking xD I know all about Leonardo from Vinci~~~

Imagine if I had thought he was still alive? xD My examiner would get so shocked when I wrote "1462 - present" on my exam XD

• Upvote 2

Dude, there are actually kids today who thought "Titanic was just a movie."

I fear for the future of humanity. Like....really really badly.

*joins you in head-desking*

Hahhaha or one of my friends thought "Stephen King was Luke Skywalker's father!!!" D:

Wait, what made him think that? I mean I'd understand if the last names or something were the same, but I'm just not seeing any connection there...

I mean heck I'm known to be a little overboard in how much of a stretch some associations my brain will make (Turtles reminding me of hamburgers, etc), but this is even beyond me.

• Upvote 1

It's really sad that people don't know Titanic isn't just a movie.

Faith in humanity utterly destroyed. x.x

...How did we get on this topic?

I DID THE SAME THING

on Friday when she tried to shake my hand. I derped out and was like what? what? OH!

It was weird because she never asked to shake again at any other signing.

I'm sorry you guys! It's been literally forever since the last post...but I wonder if anyone cares to see the final one? XD;

(I have most of it written)

I had to sacrifice a lot for the sake of the holidays (mm, Halloween included) >_>

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

WE WANT OuO please ;D

There was a guy. A guy second in line for the Japanese guest autographs. We found out he was staff at Akon (huge-ass Texas anime con). We found out he has a fortune in anime, has actually worked and interpreted for guests like AYA HIRANO a.k.a. Suzumiya-Haru-f*cking-hi (turns out she is a spoiled diva hrmm) but most of all

"You know, if you give an artist a blank thing, they normally draw on it for you?"

.................................................... :SHKOhno:

SHUT UP.

He showed us his authentic artist boards, shikishi IMPORTED from a Japanese store in Forth Worth.

This was me, I was doing inventory/cateloging of the items I got from the 2012 cons that I went to and when I got to my Arina items I remembered you and you mentioning the fan club so i figured I'd hop online and see if you posted the sketch you got but wow I never imagined I would be mentioned.

You got a couple of things wrong though. I do not staff AKon - I staff several California convention, mainly FanimeCon (I used to staff AX) where I'm a manager in Guest Relations and I brought the shikishi in with me from California where you can buy them at stores like Daiso and Kinokuniya. I'll try and check back here every so often but feel free to email me at eralston minnanoanime org if you have questions abd I'll do my best to answer them.

A picture of the Tanemura-san sketches I got (along with some of the nicer ones in my collection)

BXsmMV5.jpg

But lets be honest you guys would rather see close-ups of my Tanemura-san sketches so:

k3Rmvgi.jpg

EH6We55.jpg

5PuXLD8.jpg

• Upvote 4