Forums
Chiibi

CHIIBI MET ARINA

Oh wow :D Hiya!~ Thanks for showing us those sketches (I can't believe you got three, Arina is such a sweetie!) and thanks for giving a board to Chiibi too :3

Ohhh wow big big congrats to CHIIBI!! It's been awhile since I've been on this site, but I'm so happy for you to have met her! She sounds so sweet and cute from your description, I'm sooo jealous that you got to meet her! And Kohoruhn too! Thank you so much for showing those sketches, aargh so much jealousy is coming out from me, but damn am I happy for you guys.

I'm looking foward to part 5 too!

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN POST~

Ugh.....I don't want it to be the final post!! But well, what are ya gonna do?

Sorry you all had to wait so long. For a couple reasons, I had to discipline myself to stay OFF the internet for a bit. Then it just snowballed.

I was making something for my mom. And when it was done, I was like

"OH F*CK HALLOWEEN."

After that it was

"OH F*CK, THANKSGIVING."

After that it was

"OH F*CK, CHRISTMAS."

After that it was

"OH F*CK, NEW YEARS."

Then it was

"OH F*CK, VALENTINE'S DAY"

Eventually it was

"OH F*CK, I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE IT."

:FMFMsleepy:

But....uh........so........ANWAY.......

I'm going to combine Sunday and Monday's meetings together in one post because Monday's was rather short, ok.....

SUNDAY WAS ARINACCHI'S DRAWRING PANEL

Yes, I spell "drawing" as "drawring". Because that's how Captain Jack Sparrow says it and I like it. XD

Drawring.

Drawwwwwrrrrring.

lol

While I was in line for the drawring panel, I met another Mitsuki!

Doing this Mitsuki outfit:

http://www.zerochan.net/19445

She was so cute and nice! We became fast "line friends". (Line friends are awesome XD) She had the wings perfect and I asked for wing advice because I NEVER have good luck doing wings with cosplay alkjfadlradjrfl;dj :takutorawr: ANNOYING.

THEN.....

....she said she ran into some other Full Moon fans who said that I was showing off at the panel yesterday "because I was talking in Japanese".

mitsukiwhutcopy.jpg

EXCUSE ME!?

madtakuto_zps1dadf4e4.jpg

I AM NOT A SHOWOFF!! I MAY BE AN ATTENTION WHORE BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M A SHOW-OFF!! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT THE OTHER FANS THINK! AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, THAT CONVERSATION WAS BETWEEN ARINACCHI AND ME! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, くたばれ!

(look it up. lol it is an awesome insult I recently learned. Don't say it to real Japanese people though. please)

But the other Mitsuki said she thought those girls were mean and that I was very brave. "I am taking Japanese too," she said, "but I couldn't imagine being able to do that! I thought it was so cool!"

Haha, I am COOL. :'D

Anyway, we sat together when the panel started. Arina began drawing Meroko as fans asked more questions:

HER PROCEDURE OF DRAWING AND MINE ARE IDENTICAL BTW. FIRST FACE OUTLINE, THEN EYES, THEN HAIR, THEN THE REST OF THE BODY. I WAS SO PSYCHED!!

Q: At what moment did you feel you finally accomplished your dream, like the moment where you said, "Wow, I did it!" ?

A: When I saw my books in the store!

Q: How did you study anatomy?

A: I look at myself in the mirror and draw as I pose! And I draw people that sit across from me on the subway too.

(OMG, ARINACCHI, I DO THAT!! NO WAI!!)

Q: What was your favorite series to draw and why and what was your least favorite series to draw and why?

A: My favorite is....ALL OF THEM!

(laughter from us)

Q: What single word would you use to describe your art?

A: Etto....kira-kira! (sparkly)

XD (audience giggles)

Q: Have you ever gone to a lolita clothing shop and just......drawn?

A: No, I have not done that yet.

Q: Which do you like drawing more? Girls or boys?

A: Girls! (no hesitation here XD)

My question: There are many times where characters' eyes and hair colors change a lot. How do you decide on that?

A: It's whatever mood I feel at the time.

Q: What genre besides shoujo would you like to draw?

A: I'd like to try shounen.

Methinks: NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DX lol

Q: How do you decide on all those different outfits for your characters?

A: I draw whatever I think would be "cute".

After Arina finished Meroko, we took a vote on the next character, a BOY character and Sindbad got the most hands!

Arina said she hadn't drawn Chiaki for so long, she was forgetting what he looked like! We all said "Poor guyi!"in Japanese XD

My question: After so long, ION and Jeanne finally got brought back for a new chapter. What inspired you to do that?

A: I missed drawing the characters.

Q: What other characters do you miss drawing?

A: The Shinshi Doumei Cross characters.

Arina drew Access after she finished Sindbad and all the girls squealed. XD

The last character she decided to draw was Haine. She said Haine was very fun for her to draw.

There were a lot of questions about the pens Sensei was using to draw with. I don't remember the name of them. Sorries x.x

Q: Have you ever used a computer to color digitally?

A: I have not. Would you like me to?

Everybody: NO!

XD

(Speak for yourself-I want to see what it'd be like!! D:)

Q: What inspires you to draw the most?

A: Music! I always listen to music when I draw!

Q: What is your favorite thing about Dallas?

A: The food is so good!

(everyone laughs XD)

Q: What do you think of people cosplaying your characters?

A: I love it! It makes me so happy!

Q: What do you think of fanart of your series?

A: I love it. I collect all the art my friends do for me and decorate my house with them!

Q: Did you know there are lots of fanart on sites like pixv?

A: I wonder if there are? I've never gone to see.

Fans: There are!

Me: There are CLUBS dedicated to each of your series! On deviantart. So many!

Arina: Really? That makes me so happy!!

After that, there was Arina trivia to raffle off really nice IMPORTED prizes and the drawings. I won a Meroko poster for knowing Arina's favorite idol group, Fudanjuku. I wanted the Sindbad drawing....but oh well.

At the next autograph session, I asked Arina another question that was plaguing me for years;

"SENSEI, WHAT IS MITSUKI-CHAN'S EYE COLOR!? IT ALWAYS CHANGES! MY FRIENDS AND I ALWAYS FIGHT ABOUT IT."

"Gray!" she said in English. XD

FINALLY, THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED. XD

That night I put the finishing touches on my Jeanne cosplay. : 3

There was no Arina event on the final day of the con. ;_; But you could at least go see her one more time to get her autograph.

Of course I went.

“Sensei!” I said, “When you get on the plane, make sure you don’t put your present with your luggage! It’s very delicate.”

“Hai.” She said seriously.

After I left the platform, something unexpected happened.

Another petite, Asian woman approached me. She was wearing her hair in a ponytail and a guest badge.

“Excuse me!” she said in broken English.

“I am Yuki Tanemura.” “Sister.”

………………………

mitsukiwut_zps4a9ed86b.jpg

What..............?

maronwut_zps6339d42c.jpg

WHAT!?

kyokowut_zps5fcdea47.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

SISTER!?

ARINA HAS A SISTER!?

NAMED YUKI!?

THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!

She graciously thanked me for…….I guess….paying Arina so much attention? XD;

“She liked the present?” I asked.

Yuki-san nodded, beaming.

She said she liked my cosplay as Jeanne.

“Beautiful!” she said. “Cute!”

She asked me for a picture. I let her take it.

THEN I GOT ONE WITH HER!!! O.M.G.

yukisanandme_zpsb9f1218f.jpg

After that shocking event, there was not a lot to do, con-wise. But they were playing the first four episodes of Kimi Ni Todoke so we went and watched that.

I enjoyed it.

My friend didn’t.

“Wouldn’t watching a soap opera be easier?”

“SHUT UP!!” I said. XD

The con ended not long after the anime did.

But not before Takuto!Doll got a new toy:

DOLL-SIZED NINTENDO DS.

He loves it. XD Mitsuki likes to watch him play too.

DSC02419_zps3077ffcb.jpg

yall think I'm crazy, don't you!?

Me being the total attention whore that I am, decided to wander around, hoping people would ask me for pictures.

I did get a few. XD

I even got an interview for YouTube because a guy was there just randomly doing that with con-goers.

I told him where I was from and Arina Tanemura was the whole reason I was there, pimping her series like mad.

I finally headed back to my hotel for some R&R.

And to get those goddamn earrings off.

Oh yes.

Those Jeanne earrings. Wait til I tell you about these!

NOTE TO ALL COSPLAYERS:

IF YOUR EARS ARE NOT PIERCED DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT EVER USE SHOE CLIPS TO MAKE CLIP-ON EARRINGS. IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH “CUSHION” YOU PUT BETWEEN YOUR EARS AND THE CLIPS. THEY HURT LIKE A MOFO. I’M SERIOUS. THEY HURT SO BAD. I’M LUCKY I STILL HAVE EARS. OH MY GOD. THEY WERE SO RED. I HAD TO GO GET A BUCKET OF ICE, WRAP A PAPER TOWEL AROUND IT, AND JUST HOLD IT ON MY EARS. FOR LIKE AN HOUR.

While nursing my ears, I sat on my bed and turned on the TV.

There wasn’t much on.

I fell asleep in my Jeanne kimono. (It's very comfy btw) Lol

Then some hours later, I woke up and changed the channel.

E.T. was on.

“OMG!! E.T.!! I LOVE E.T.!!”

We watched the whole movie. NO COMMERICIALS!?

It was as awesome as it was when I was four years old (and a lot less scary XD)

We both went to sleep early; I lay in bed, looking through my own Full Moon doujinshi, feeling pleased with myself. In the morning, Roy took us to the airport again and we flew back home.

Right in time for me to go to work.

YUCK.

I basically got no sleep on the plane so I was cranky and tired….and also going through medication withdrawl. :

See Takuto’s face?

crankytakutoface_zpsbad00a1e.jpg

I think I looked like that. XD

On my day off, I took Sketch Takuto to Jo-Ann Fabrics to get him professionally framed.

I was terrified to part with him. And spent a ridiculous amount of money.

BUT NOW, HE LOOKS LIKE THIS:

takutoonwall_zps6d603da0.jpg

@Kogoruhn:

O__________O

OMG, MAN! YOU FOUND US!? YOU POSTED!? Of COURSE, I'D MENTION YOU! YOU'RE THE ONLY REASON I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DRAWING FROM MY IDOL AND YOU ARE MY HERO!!

• Upvote 5

I AM NOT A SHOWOFF!! I MAY BE AN ATTENTION WHORE BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M A SHOW-OFF!! - Chiibi, 2013.

Well, that is going in my signature. :P

Ugh, so much epic!! Now go and meet Arina again because we need MOAR STORIES.

• Upvote 4

*Q* so many feelings.

tumblr_m9raniAspi1qdlkyg.gif "ANOTHER UPDATE YAAAAAAAAAAAAY *GLOMP*"

tumblr_m9rakqMxlN1qdlkyg.gif "wat ruuuuude. its not chiibi's fault she's awesome, you try learning japanese then, you dont want to be called a show-off do ya so fack off D:

tumblr_m9raok83V11qdlkyg.gif "asdfghjkl; aaaaaaaaaaaaaarinaaaa!"

tumblr_m9rakfACkK1qdlkyg.gif "emmm ;u; i wanna see her try digital art too ;3;"

tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg.gif "I WANNA MEET HER MORE THAN EVER NOW. *is a jelly sandwhich*"

tumblr_m9ral4g0T41qdlkyg.gif "i shall now practice drawing the way sensei does it."

tumblr_m9raoaJxJj1qdlkyg.gif "OHMYGOSH YUKI SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SISTER WITH A BEAUTIFUL NAME NEXT TO A BEAUTIFUL CHIIBI IN A BEAUITFUL COSPLAY"

tumblr_m9ral7F4iH1qdlkyg.gif "i shall weep with jealousy nao."

• Upvote 2

OH MY GOODNESS. Chiibi! Your Jeanne cosplay is AWESOME!!!!!! Wear it to Tekko so I can go insane with photo taking, please. And I also don't have my ears pierced. I was thinking that when I (someday) cosplay Jeanne, I'm going to make a contraption that goes around my ear and LOOKS like it's actually on the lobe. *nods* I've done some tests, nothing conclusive yet but I'm an engineer; I'll think of something.

Anyway, ahhhhh, I am super jealous yet again! > Yes! WE FINALLY KNOW. (Just like cutting Takuto's hair. It's totally something we all need to know. XD)

Thank you so much for sharing all of this Chiibi!! :)

And I really can't believe people were being that rude about you speaking Japanese to Arina. -_- Jeez. They're obviously just jealous of your awesomeness.

Arina outlines the face first?! O.o That's a surprise!!!

MITSUKI'S EYES ARE GRAY?!?!?! OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH CHIIBI!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT THEY WERE BROWN OH GOSH! GRAY! GRAY! GRAY! SO HAPPY I KNOW AT LAST♥

Hery sister?!?! Oh my gosh Chiibi that's amazing!!! You really made an impact!!!! You certainely won't be forgotten!!!!! :)

Chiibi, you're sooo lucky! Congrats on meeting sensei and everything! I'm glad you had the time of your life.

dhjfkljfhdhisdhfrweavhnuicadlujhfedflkhhhujsdl

ARINA-SENSEI HAS A SISTER!???!?! i never knew that but wait does her sister draw too?

and thanks Chibbi-sempai for the final part... I really enjoyed reading about them and i hope you get to meet arina-sempai again!^^

in a sidebar in fullmoon she mentions she went somewhere with her sister i think... or maybe it was a different series :$

You got a couple of things wrong though. I do not staff AKon - I staff several California convention, mainly FanimeCon (I used to staff AX) where I'm a manager in Guest Relations

We should exchange tips sometimes, I do guest relations for convention (in the midwest) as well.