Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BrokenWingedRadiance

The Cat's and My Friday discussion [Spoilers?]

Hmmm. Cousins where the boy is a little kid? .... I can't say that I've seen this EXACT story before. I might have but nothing comes to mind right away.

But one of my favorite Shoujos is a story of two siblings who are related by marriage who eventually end up falling in love. (Cherry Juice by Haruka Fukushima.) It's a little different because the're not blood related but you can say it is weird because they're siblings. *shrugs*

I'll think on it more and see if I find more Shoujo with the same storyline.

Anything closely related is ICKY.

Just icky.

Anybody who thinks it's hot... come and spend a week in the place that I cannot move from due to lack of funding.....and watch as the cousins and siblings and second cousins and mother's and daughters all interbreed. *Shudders* And it will put you off for life. No matter how loosely related people are...you're still related!

Hopefully it's gonna end like In The House of Usher. That would make my day XD

On this note, I had terrible incesty nightmares due to this thread last night ROFL. I need to wash my brain with soap!

Don't get me wrong, guys, I don't like CLOSELY-related relationships at all, seriously....but I just don't think second or third cousin counts as incest.... :FMTakutosigh:

The first cousin marriage thing in Japan used to bug me a lot when I found out about it. But then I thought, "Wait, the Japanese have been doing things their way for over a thousand years...(far longer than us) and they're also the longest living race on Earth..."

I feel like I can't judge them by going "NO, THAT'S WRONG"........you know?

DOUBLE POST OH NOES.

Yeah, I wuv dis manga. SO CUTE. Stayed up til 3 a.m. reading chapters. One after another...lol, Arina's cliffhangers are EVUL.

NEKOTA IS SO CUTE. BUT NOT IN OLDER FORM UGH. FOR SOME REASON ARINA MAKES HIM LOOK LIKE A 40-YEAR-OLD CREEPER. WRY ARINA, WRY. :FMTakutodepressed: JUST MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE CHIAKI OR GINIRO...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. LOL

jmydm0005-98746.JPG

WRY SO UGLY? :FMMitsukiwah: YOUR OTHER 16-YEAR-OLDS NEVER LOOKED LIKE THIS. YEAH, "16" MY ASS.

(I've been buying Margaret so I can read the Japanese version lulz)

Really? It shows up fine on my comp. O.o You only read two chapters though, right? XD;

....trust me, he looks like an old, creepy dude who's on drugs. >_> She actually gave him an UNEVEN MULLET. A MULLET. ARINA. WRY.

Nah, if you read past chapter 06, you'd see it. But how the hell did you read that far!? o_O The scanlators stopped at chapter 2.

.............did you secretly master Japanese since I've been gone!?

CHEEBS. THAT'S NOT THE SAME AS READING IT IN A LANGUAGE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.

*head-bash*

MAH POINT IS DON'T BE HATIN IF YOU HAVEN'T READ TEH STORY.

XD

Ai is cute. Is she TEH BESTEST HEROINE EVERZ!?

Lol, no. But she's more likable than Haine. Ai is kind of a refreshing character because she's very...."normal" compared to Arina's other heroines. She has no angsty past or emotional baggage. ( A NORMAL FAMILY WITH NORMAL PARENTS!? SHOCKKKK!) She's not exceptionally talented or gifted, (though I love her hair lol) nor does she have a knack for kicking ass.

She's just a normal girly-girl who likes cute things a normal girly-girl would.

And I like this.

Why? Because Arina's already gone for all the above-mentioned types. So with making Ai "normal", she's doing something very DIFFERENT. XD

Kinda ironic, isn't it?

Serizawa: Yup. You're totally normal. Completely average. Really, really REALLY nothing out of the ordinary.

Ai: ..............are you complementing me or insulting me!?

lolz

Neko To Watashi IS fluff, of the fluffiest variety, don't get me wrong. But I'm fine with that. After ALL DEM TWISTS AND DRAMA of SHK, it's good to sit down with some fluff where the only thing you have to worry about is "who's gonna get the first kiss!?" instead of "who's she gonna kill NOW?" X_X

But I have read the story. I just couldn't get into it like you or the others. Nothing wrong with that XD;;;;

I was very interested with Serizawa when reading it though. To me, he always seemed like something more than the "cool senpai" that Ai was fawning over. I would really like to see where that relationship was gonna go.

Um............Cheebs....how do you "read" something when it's in another language? o_o

Serizawa is fine as a person. But him and Ai make kind of a boring couple. Ai also has this....inferiority complex. She's constantly thinking "HE'S TOO GOOD FOR ME. HE'S WASTED ON ME!! I'M NOT A GOOD GIRLFRIEND. I'LL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM!!" And I don't really like this....because I don't think a relationship can go well if you don't see each other on an equal level. For her, it's like the same as dating a movie star. Admiration and love....just aren't the same thing.

I don't like HIS attitude towards her either. "I don't want a really beautiful girl or a really cute girl. An average girl like you is fine."

.........okay, I don't know about you, but if I was on the receiving end of that, I'D. BE. PISSED. :FMTakutorage:

GEE, THANKS?

If we're gonna date, you BETTER freakin' tell me I'm "pretty" or "cute" or a "special" person to you.....the LAST thing I want to hear from you is "I like you because you're so average."

NOT FLATTERING.

Anyway....

This implies like he only likes her not because she's herself...but because she's normal. He has an abnormal life, all his girlfriends were either famous or models...and he got tired of it and confesses to the first normal girl he sees BECAUSE SHE'S SO NORMAL.

NEKOTA on the other hand really knows how to sweet-talk teh ladies. XD And his reasons for liking Ai are a lot more believable and easier to understand.

I can usually tell whats going on by the pictures. Arina is a very talented mangaka, so she gets whats being conveyed a lot through the expressions of the characters and the illustrations themselves. Plus right now the plot is so straight forward anyway. But yeah, thats what bothers me about the manga. Usually with these situations, a character has a crush on the "senpai" and he is just using her (or like you said, they make a boring couple) and then the other side of the triangle is usually the one she will end up with. HOWEVER, (like WnxxS for example), there is nothing wrong with that formula. You can do so much with the premise alone. You can make it work and twist it. For me right now, Neko to Watashi isn't doing that. If it does start to twist things around like in good Arina fashion, I might pick it up again. For now though, its not making the cut for me. Thats fine. I am glad you and other people can enjoy it though :>

Eh, I think you should wait until it's available in English...because yeah, Arina's good...but looking at the art really isn't the same as being able to understand the whole story 100%. So much of a character's personality is conveyed through their thoughts and dialogue.

I don't feel that a story needs twists to be enjoyable. SDC had twists freakin' EVERYWHERE and you and I both know how that went....blargh. lol

Tis only a matter of time before Viz puts this out on the shelf.

• Upvote 1

lmao so true.....why did I ever like that thing. I guess because it didn't have a bad start, really?

It's been a while since you and I semi-debated on a manga or animu. XD FEELZ SURREALZ