Forums
Ariange

New KKJ Volumes?!

776437544.jpg?1369920617

This is what Arina posted recently on her twitpic, following this sketch of Maron shortly after her fictional birthday :).

And so it looks like we're getting yet another re-release of KKJ!*

[heavy breathing] JUST LOOK AT THOSE COVERS THOUGH SKJFHSKDFH KKJ IS THE PERFECT ASSESSMENT TO HOW MUCH HER ART CHANGES

Fangirling aside, it seems that this is going to be released on June 18th in Japan. So far, it looks like it's just 2 volumes, but I don't think you can fit 7 volumes worth of feels into 2, so I wonder if that means we'll soon be getting even more gorgeous covers..

*In chat just now, Blue and I were discussing whether or not this was new content, or just new editions of the story (even after the perfect editions..), but it seems to be the latter right now since google translate calls these guys 'pocket comics' which reminds me of the terms that they used for the new Full Moon volumes, and shueisha's description for this first volume calls it a 'collecting work'..according to google translate, anyway. So, yes, I'm assuming it's KKJ collected into 2 or more volumes, with these new covers, and possibly SOME new content. However, honestly, this is all I've found about this, and it's hard to say what's lost in translation..For all I know, having another rerelease could be totally off. If you have other deductions, or find more sources, totally post them :)

It should also be noted that a compilation of oneshots from Geinkyuu Meiya (I spelled that wrong didn't I D:) and Maple Rose was also recently released. Just like with the above, I doubt Viz'll ever translate this, because all the included stories have already been included in other volumes of her stories (Full Moon-SHK).

• Upvote 2

It does! XD I always love Arina's constant callbacks to her old work, but KKJ I think gets the most of that (arguably, Full Moon gets quite a lot of attention, too) ^^. I mean, let's see, asides from twitpic sketches and nods in manga and freespeech columns, like Finn's participation in Ebeko's mascot contest, we've had the 6 perfect editions, the oneshot she did for the Japan earthquake relief (that I THINK was set in KKJ's universe? Anyway, Maron graced all the promo art and even the CD), the thing she was selling on her online shop with the initial oneshot she'd submitted before KKJ's actual serialization, Maron on both sides of Princess Tiara...and there must be more that I missed ><.>

Not that I necessarily mind XD. I'll always love seeing Maron in her newer styles--the only thing I do mind is most of this stuff never getting localized here TT~TT. But I think that's just it--as an English-speaking fan who can't speak Japanese to save my life, I'll probably never get my hands on these lovelies or know what they're about, so the excitement is just seeing the covers and stuff.

• Upvote 1

WHY CAN'T THEY TRANSLATE THESE!?!

I love the re-releases of KKJ but since it's the only Arina manga that Viz doesn't have....I'm pretty sure we'll never see any of this in America. SIGH.

Those volumes are so beautiful though! :) I really want to see them in person!!

• Upvote 1

Chiibi also saw these on Arina's twitpic....and she is very confused as to what they are. XD;

Oh, yeah... I recently re-tweeted these. I love them! Not gonna lie, I love seeing her older series in her new art style. I'm not sure why that is but....

-shrugs-

I think it might be possible since CMX's license on the manga expired...Viz might do it.

Shojo beat twitter response 2.png

If you're so sorry, maybe you'll take the new editions in Japan as a chance to translate them? :,D I wasn't the twitter user who asked btw

The Shojo Beat twitter also commented on not being able to comment on an SHK artbook question, stating that they did however take suggestions..Hmmm...

Edit: Oh, yeah, I forgot to post the Volumes 3and 4 covers.

BPicqi0CIAACNuI.jpg:largex

Eh, I don't like them as much as the first two (or at least not the one for 3). The 4th's a redone version of the original chapter 8 cover, and I thought that was cool. I was hoping the covers would match the first two more though >

Doubleposting because there's now a cover for the 5th volume (from Arina's twitter):

BR87TBuCYAEzorb.jpg

It's supposed to kind of mirror the original 2nd volume cover, I believe! I saw the art a while ago (I think I'll post that HQ version later) but I didn't think there was going to be a 5th volume for these haha. Looks like it'll be the last one!

It also looks like we're getting some NatsukiXShinji bonus content from some other stuff she's been posting

Shojo beat twitter response 2.png

If you're so sorry, maybe you'll take the new editions in Japan as a chance to translate them? :,D

Still can't believe this is an actual thing that actually happened 8,D.

Aw, I LOVE how Jeanne looks on 3...but something's off about Fin-chan. I can't figure out what. :

Maron with blue hair and eyes...huh, never thought I'd see THAT. XD She looks cute though.

WHAT?!? surprised-pink-cat-emoticon.gif?1292538525

Why didn't I know about this?!?frustrated-cheetah-emoticon.gif?1302786122

I've wanted something like that! Arina-sensei reads minds! cheerleader-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif?1292950504

They are so pretty! I love them! in-love-cheetah-emoticon.gif?1302786123 I love anything that's KKJ!

A bit different but that's absolutely normal, styles change. Fin looks a bit weird for some reason but I still love them. happy-dance-cheetah-emoticon.gif?1302786123 Vol.4 gives another feeling to me about Maron, about her looks that is. She looks different to me, like it's not really her.

It might not be a big change in Arina-sensei's style but when you see your favourite characters, you really feel it.

does anyone know where I can find the two bonus story in the last volume online? :) the one with Chiaki and Maron having a little argument over Maron's parents leaving, and the one with Shinji and Natsuki?

Hi, Pichu! There has been a rules update to ATFC a while back. It is against the rules to link to scans or scanlations on here. This is mostly due to copyright issues. Also, since this is the Arina Tanemura FanClub and we are fans, linking to them would prevent fans from supporting her monetarily.

PM me if you have any further questions; be sure to double check the rules just in case.

Sorry we can't be of any further help. Your best bet is to purchase the manga or find a copy at your library.

Thank you for answering my question :) it's been a while since I last logged on here, so I didn't know hehe, thanks for telling me the rules ^^

Hi, Pichu! There has been a rules update to ATFC a while back. It is against the rules to link to scans or scanlations on here. This is mostly due to copyright issues. Also, since this is the Arina Tanemura FanClub and we are fans, linking to them would prevent fans from supporting her monetarily.

PM me if you have any further questions; be sure to double check the rules just in case.

Sorry we can't be of any further help. Your best bet is to purchase the manga or find a copy at your library.