Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fake mexican food item

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne gets relicensed by Viz Media

Looks like KKJ will be making its way back to the US after all. For those of you who couldn't get all of the CMX edition, Viz will be doing its own now! Its unknown how they will release it, seeing as Jeanne has been re-released a few times in Japan already. Still, this is extremely exciting news!

Source here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-25/viz-media-adds-tomu-ohmi-spell-of-desire-arina-tanemura-phantom-thief-jeanne-manga

• Upvote 2

Heeeeeeeeeeey!

It actually happened. XD

• Upvote 1

Okay...guys. *Pulls out shady black note book* To all of those who placed bets on this never happening, I accept payment in the following forms:

• Postcards
  • Unicorns (Odds of them existing? A safer bet than Viz bothering with KKJ)
  • Extravagant/eccentric gestures
  • Sing-a-grams
  • Post reputation
  • Other non actually requested items as this is a joke.

Haha... Access and I should just eat our hats... all of those years spent saying "Nah, Viz aren't going to touch KKJ with a ten foot bargepole because of *List of reasons*".

Wow!! So psyched that this is actually happening :D :D I had to double check that it wasn't April 1st.

This happened in the same month as ATFC's 7th birthday, too! Let's consider this as a birthday present. Cheers, Viz, we really appreciate it!!! :D

• Upvote 3

I am kind of in shock right now.

Is this actually happening?

OH MY GOSH. *faints* I honestly never thought this day would come.

The real question is: Will they be releasing the perfect editions? >:) Because I'd love to get my hands on those bad boys!!!!

I have this bad feeling in my gut that I'm going to be buying these no matter what form they take. ......

• Upvote 2

...I just woke up my family with my screaming. Whoops.

POSTING FROM THE DEAD OVER HERE. GO ON WITHOUT ME. *heart palpitations*

The globe is warming and we're all going to die, but nothing matters anymore because this is finally, actually happening asdfghjk.

Viz can finally start advertising their '~Complete~ Arina Tanemura Collection' properly with KKJ now lol. No, seriously, Viz, thank you. I'm not too sure how licence rescues work in detail, but whatever or whomever did this..I just..can't thank you enough :,D.

I bought the CMX editions online a while ago, but I'd been looking for the later volumes (while avoiding online shopping) ever since I was 10..it's kind of a long story XD;;. Anyway, I'm just really glad that they'll be so much more widely available after this. Hopefully this'll draw in new Arina fans or hell even new fans of the magical girl genre because if KKJ can't then what can? This feels like a good time too, with the new-NEW Japanese editions of KKJ coming out, and SHK nearing its end here.

Like Maron, I hope they use the perfect editions! They have my personal favourite set of covers, ones that'll definitely differentiate these next to the CMX volumes. The art extends to the back cover, too. Viz kept the back cover art from the Japanese editions of SHK for their releases, which gave, IMO, gorgeous results. So if they used the perfect covers and did the same..ohmygod I would DIE. AGAIN. The same goes if they included the colour images that I'm also pretty sure were in the Japanese perfect editions.

If they used the new-newest Japanese editions, my wallet would suffer a lot less because then there'd only be 4 volumes to buy XD. I wonder what bonus/new content is in those new-new volumes, actually :o

Also: the artbook. CMX never localized it...would Viz? I'd be ecstatic if they did.

I'm getting my hopes up too high, aren't I? XD;;

Hahah, BWR, your unicorn comment made me laugh so hard :D

• Upvote 4

I'm actually kind of surprised, but I guess it makes sense; they could've done the other ones for ages, but this happening all of a sudden was definitely related to the bankobans coming out.

Um..will they be calling it 'Phantom Thief Jeanne'? Like, as the title? That would take some getting used to :P (PTJ?) I wish I had a twitter so I could ask

Also, fffff, guys, we're getting colour inserts! *falls over*

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2013/japan-expo/11

• Upvote 2

I'm actually kind of surprised, but I guess it makes sense; they could've done the other ones for ages, but this happening all of a sudden was definitely related to the bankobans coming out.

Um..will they be calling it 'Phantom Thief Jeanne'? Like, as the title? That would take some getting used to :P (PTJ?) I wish I had a twitter so I could ask

Also, fffff, guys, we're getting colour inserts! *falls over*

http://www.animenews...3/japan-expo/11

Okay, the inserts just confirmed that I'm getting this. XD

...........da....mn it. Must resist. MUST RESIST!!

• Upvote 1

IKR. One part of my brain is saying:

"You already have this in Japanese. You vowed not to buy any of Arina's works in English."

And another part is like:

"IT'S ARINA ART YOU DON'T HAVE!! YOU NEED IT. YOU NEED IT."

..........if only one of these voices would shut up....:'D

• Upvote 1

I'm the same way!!!! ;_; I have all the CMX versions.....

But I know myself well enough to know that I would regret it if I never got these!!!!!! ESPECIALLY the last volume. NEED THEM.

I mean, isn't it like when something is re-released with new content? You have to get it!!!! Right!?!?

• Upvote 1

I`m mostly nervous that it`s gonna get an updated Vizzzzz translation....

And well, I love Viz for releasing KKJ. Even if they are changing the title to Phantom Thief Jeanne, which sounds kinda silly... but I know in the past Viz hasn`t been very great when translating things.

I`m hoping for the best!! :D

I don`t have many manga left in my collection anymore, but PTJ (looooool) would definitely make the cut. :D

I`m mostly nervous that it`s gonna get an updated Vizzzzz translation....

And well, I love Viz for releasing KKJ. Even if they are changing the title to Phantom Thief Jeanne, which sounds kinda silly... but I know in the past Viz hasn`t been very great when translating things.

I`m hoping for the best!! :D

I don`t have many manga left in my collection anymore, but PTJ (looooool) would definitely make the cut. :D

Yeah, I'm worried about the translation as well.

This sounds odd, but I'm thinking of possibly cutting the new books up and using them for decor in my dorm. My roommate's side is too decorative; mine's too bland.

I'm not actually too worried about the Viz translation honestly. XD

There are some things that I really didn't like in the CMX version -- I had read the fan scanlations before I bought the manga. Some lines weren't as nice. But then again, I really really love some other lines.

I'm actually excited to see what they change!!!!! :D

Well, I think we can all say that some translations aren't as good as other ones. Anyways, I'd better get off. I have some reading to do for school. At least it's actually interesting.

Will you guys hate me if I totally buy it even though I already own the CMX copies? Just don't tell my fiance. He might kill me. Shhh. Not that he'd even know - he'd never make the connection unless I told him. ;)

XD

I feel that I should stand around the manga section and throw KKJ at every single passer-by. "GO READ THIS FOOL."

Sign in to follow this