Arina Tanemura FanClub
Sign in to follow this  
Chiibi

31 Ai Dream

Well, I FINALLY got to read the first chapter and I like it. I can relate to Chikage (not on a level as EXTREME as hers lol) but seriously, is there ANYONE here who never said "I wish I could redo that era of my life again"!?

*crickets*

.............nope, didn't think so. Lol.

I NEED A JOB SO I CAN BUY SHIT AGAIN, LIKE THE ACTUAL MANGA VOLUME. Yeah, I read a scan. But you KNOW me and you KNOW I buy every single book that has Tanemura Arina's name on it.

So don't scold me for breaking and reading the scans. I can only wait for so long before I go insane. :FMTakutosigh:

Anyway, I can't wait until Hibiki makes his entry. Boy does he look like MY TYPE. :FMMitsukilol:

HERE'S A PRESENT.

tumblr_inline_n4au2eSp8K1so04jz.jpg

Sorry the colors aren't as nice...:

I have no doubt it will...........but the question is WHEN?

So I will stick to the raw volumes. :3 I WAS able to find a Margaret issue with a chapter of it and I bought it only for that. This is mean but the rest of the manga in that magazine sucks compared to this. XD

Aah, such a pretty scan

I'm really liking this series so far as well! The premise kinda reminded me of Full Moon at first. I like both of the male leads so far, which rarely happens for me lol. Not too fond of the non-consensual kissing (or attempt of it in that Tohuku guy's case wHILE SHE WAS DRUNK?! I get that you were caught up in the moment but c'mon) but eh, how her dudes can be forceful at times is usually the only, onlyyyy problem I have with her work anyway. I feel like this's got the potential to be really, really good as we go on. Sucks that this is only out every second month, but a lot of stuff happens in each chapter; the pacing's nice!

You'll like Hibiki a lot, I think ^^. (That's the 15-year-old guy, right? I don't know the Japanese names DX) I'm curious to hear your opinion on who you think Chikage should be with once you get there, Chiibi. (Or anyone's who's reading this, really!) I like Hibiki's character better, but I like the other guy for Chikage. If not just because of the age difference (and Chikage's strange 'he reminds me of Haru') for the former ship. Age differences, now where else have we seen that in Arina's recent work...lol. Really, though, I was ecstatic when the 15-year-old came in. A current Arina male lead that's finally in my age bracket! :,D

I really want this over here as well! *is also super guilty for reading scans and would die for a hard copy* Would it be harder to get since it isn't Shueisha and Viz localizes most of her stuff, I wonder? They seemed big about starting KKJ so soon after SHK was over (I remember seeing stuff like 'this series is over, but phantom thief jeanne starts next month!' a few times on Shoujo Beat's social media pages) so I wonder if Viz's going for a continuous stream of Arina Tanemura work coming out, with how well they sell. I would not mind this...at all. ;P

Viz, hurry up and finish releasing PTJ so you have a reason to pick up a new Tanemura! >:D

Then I can get everything I want!!! *happy dance*

I love that scan! SO BEAUTIFUL. I want to read it!!! >

I relate to Chikage so much its not even funny

I do like that we are taking an adult's perspective on this. Its certainly more entertaining than Neko is. Despite it being a magical transforming idol premise again you can see where she is going different with it and i quite like it. I just hope she can keep it up.

I'm glad you guys enjoy the scan. :3 Though I looked at the calendar again-and it's not my scanner. The colors significantly changed from the pic on her blog to the released image. Quality goes down, I guess. Xp

WOAH THAT SCAN IS BEAUTIFUL OMG ;7; i read the first chapter which a very kind soul posted onto tumblr the other week and i really liked it! i wonder when its going to be released in english, i remember going on amazon and typing in arina tanemura and seeing "my magic friday pre-order" and i was like whAT but realized it was a german copy hehe, but doesn't that mean neko will be out in english soon too if its out in german? ; x ;

and what do you think the chances are of one of arina's stories getting animated again? Even though i doubt it since shes working on two series at once, but it would be awesome if it happened...pls....(/v\)

I made myself a new signature banner from the scan! :D

139852689343882_zps549cdf62.gif

@Mitsunee: I doubt that they'll make any more animated series from her manga. At her Panel, Arina was saying that she gets no creative control over the anime at all, since she is usually busy drawing/writing manga, so she has to have faith in the company to do a good job. They can pretty much do what they want with her work. This is probably why Meroko's costume is red in the anime and black in the manga.

It also depends on who has the English license for Neko. The German licensers are quicker to release as Arina has a HUGE following in Germany.

How damn cute are the clothes in this series? Srsly?

r002.jpg?v=11398462121

• Upvote 1

I made myself a new signature banner from the scan! :D

139852689343882_zps549cdf62.gif

@Mitsunee: I doubt that they'll make any more animated series from her manga.

Well, I wouldn't rule anything out though. They just need to get popular enough and bam, animu.

Nice banner, BWR. :3

@Chiibi; Very true. I think it'd be cool to see an Anime that Arina actually got creative control over, however. I felt kind of sorry for her when she was talking about her lack of involvment. I'm sure if she was able to personally work on the art and episode plots that the final result would be so much better and maybe get super crazy popular!!

I can see 31 AI dream working as an anime, though. I really can.

theres an artist on deviantart who colours some of arina's manga panels and i always thought that if they made a anime for any of her series and arina did have control it would look like these:

nekota_honjo_by_hanasakitsubomi-d725327.png

coloreado_haine_by_hanasakitsubomi-d5d0d2p.png

(putting in a spoiler cause these are quite a big size)

it'd be nice to have like an OVA atleast for neko or ai dream if its not popular enough for a full anime (kinda like hiyokoi and horimiya) ;w; it'd be cool to see the difference between kkj/fullmoon's animation from 12+ years back and arina animation at present :'3

• Upvote 2

theres an artist on deviantart who colours some of arina's manga panels and i always thought that if they made a anime for any of her series and arina did have control it would look like these:

it'd be nice to have like an OVA atleast for neko or ai dream if its not popular enough for a full anime (kinda like hiyokoi and horimiya) ;w; it'd be cool to see the difference between kkj/fullmoon's animation from 12+ years back and arina animation at present :'3

Oh yeah, I'm in love with this artist's work. They did Takuto too and I was all "HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!" XD

So I caved and read some scans. >.>

But OMG. I will TOTALLY buy it when it comes to America. I already LOVE it. Like ten times more than Neko. Chikage is awesome. And the premise does remind me a bit of Full Moon - which is probably why it makes me so happy!

Oh my gosh, I bet it would look like that, and It'd be AMAZING. I love this style. I wonder if we somehow raise a million we could convince this artist to re-animate KKJ LOL.

I'm in LOVE with this artist now.

Not too fond of the non-consensual kissing (or attempt of it in that Tohuku guy's case wHILE SHE WAS DRUNK?!

I DID NOT LIKE THAT. And him telling her she was foolish for putting him in a spot where she was so vulnerable-WTF. UM. NO? :FMTakutorage:

........but I thought Hibiki's kiss was cute. XD at least she was conscious during THAT one, y'know.....>_____>

Yeah, I caved and read the scans, but I do plan to buy the manga when it comes to America. (Notice that I didn't say "if it comes" It is going to come to the US and other countries, and I refuse to believe otherwise.)

I really appreciate the face that Chikage's an older character (and Arina's oldest heroine). I dunno, I'm 19 now and I still think, "Wow, I'm older than most of my favorite manga characters." Granted, I'm older than Arina's main audience, but I love that she's branching out and adding more variety. I relate to Chikage in quite a few areas. I think for me, it's the fact I've never been in a relationship. Ever. Also, the scenes when she had a hangover after drinking something with very little alcohol or when she passed out after drinking Tokita's beer will probably be me after I turn 21... I dunno, I don't drink (I probably will when I turn 21 occasionally) and don't see the appeal of it? (Not yet, anyways.)

Anyways, back to the story. Okay, I agree that Tokita should not have tried to kiss her while sleeping, but I think the reason about why he likes her (or at least the glimpse of it) is cute.

I really like Hibiki, too. My only complaint about ChikagexHibiki is this: I feel like Chikage may only like him because he looks like the guy she liked in high school. (I think that was referenced?) Again, I hope that'll change.

At this point in the story, I could ship either of those two with Chikage and I'd be OK. As the story goes on, I'll probably prefer one over the other.

I'm reviving this because the first volume is officially out in English and needs some discussion.

My thoughts: I still love Chikage. She is a precious and awkward character who is just... gosh. I really really like her a lot. XD Hibiki is really growing on me. I want more interactions with Haru mostly because I want him to say something stupid so I can say, "Shut up, Haru."

Things I've noticed about the volume in general: No free talks. I don't know if it's like the KKJ re-releases that left them out/Margaret (that is where she's publishing this one, right?) doesn't use the spots for commentary in their volumes? I was pretty bummed at the lack of Arina commentary tbh. Also, Vol. 1 covers up to chapter 5. I think the second volume is supposed to come out in February.

Her little comic about her meeting her new editor for this series was amusing. ("You want me to write an 'Arina series' without having the qualities of it being an 'Arina series'?!" was basically the gist of it.)

I ended up buying the volume too.....XD THIS IS THE FIRST TRANSLATED ARINA MANGA I BOUGHT FOR MYSELF EVER.

Yes, in the original raws, there are no side-talks. Viz didn't cut them out; they just don't exist. D: It's disappointing....and I'm not sure why Sensei didn't write any. But there aren't any in NekoKin either.

I'm not certain but I think when the manga demographic is older, the author talks less? These two series aren't the first ones I've seen without free talk. I can say that. Or maybe Sensei was just way too busy. She is taking on a ridiculous amount of work. D:

And I wuv Hibiki. :'D He's like a spicy cinnamon roll. XD

. I want more interactions with Haru mostly because I want him to say something stupid so I can say, "Shut up, Haru."

I see what you did thar

I ended up buying the volume too.....XD THIS IS THE FIRST TRANSLATED ARINA MANGA I BOUGHT FOR MYSELF EVER.

Yes, in the original raws, there are no side-talks. Viz didn't cut them out; they just don't exist. D: It's disappointing....and I'm not sure why Sensei didn't write any. But there aren't any in NekoKin either.

I'm not certain but I think when the manga demographic is older, the author talks less? These two series aren't the first ones I've seen without free talk. I can say that. Or maybe Sensei was just way too busy. She is taking on a ridiculous amount of work. D:

And I wuv Hibiki. :'D He's like a spicy cinnamon roll. XD

"THIS IS THE FIRST TRANSLATED ARINA MANGA I BOUGHT FOR MYSELF EVER."

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. THIS IS A BIG DEAL OH MY GOD.

I'm gonna pop the bubbly...

giphy.gif

and throw some confetti...

tumblr_lhqcgvGBON1qzvfgl.gif

because...

qq2hfisrgk9qr7vqzbqd.gif

Sorry not sorry for the celebratory gif spam.

Good to know about the side-talks. I was hoping that was the case. (If Viz cut out side talks... they'd get a good talking to from me. Pfft.)

Hibiki: spicy cinnamon roll, too strong, too hot for this world.

LOL!!! XD

Well, I normally buy the raws of Arina's just cause....I'm REALLY picky about translations....but I made an exception this time. They have gotten MUCH better since the trainwreck of FMWS (NEEDS A BETTER AND NEW RE-RELEASE) but I want a friend to read Ai Dream so he can just borrow mine when I'm done.

Hibiki screaming "YOU SUCK!" got a lol from me....so if translations can make me lol, I give them a pass.

never be sorry for posting Danny Phantom gifs ok

LOL!!! XD

Well, I normally buy the raws of Arina's just cause....I'm REALLY picky about translations....but I made an exception this time. They have gotten MUCH better since the trainwreck of FMWS (NEEDS A BETTER AND NEW RE-RELEASE) but I want a friend to read Ai Dream so he can just borrow mine when I'm done.

Hibiki screaming "YOU SUCK!" got a lol from me....so if translations can make me lol, I give them a pass.

never be sorry for posting Danny Phantom gifs ok

That's actually very good to know they've improved since Full Moon. I have various bones to pick with Viz in terms of parts of their KKJ re-release (I CRY BECAUSE THEY HAVE SENTENCES MISSING VERBS), but... clearly that didn't stop me from buying from them. (I want to somehow combine parts of the Viz and CMX translations???)

THEY HAVE SENTENCES MISSING VERBS

WAT. SRSLY?

Laziness pisses me off so much....IT'S CALLED "PROOFREADING" VIZ. :FMTakutorage:

I don't get it.....I've been reading LOTS of shoujo manga from them lately and I haven't noticed any mistakes like that.......lol wtf

THEY HAVE SENTENCES MISSING VERBS

WAT. SRSLY?

Laziness pisses me off so much....IT'S CALLED "PROOFREADING" VIZ. :FMTakutorage:

I don't get it.....I've been reading LOTS of shoujo manga from them lately and I haven't noticed any mistakes like that.......lol wtf

Yeaaaaah, my copies of FMWS are riddled with errors. I used to complain about it all the time xD Like seriously... I think their proofreaders were drunk.

Oh, FMWS was so f*cking terrible....I was probably purple with rage. XD Don't get me started....I will rant forever and a day.

EVEN THE DVD SUBTITLES HAD MISTAKES. I MEAN REALLY?