Arina Tanemura FanClub
Sign in to follow this  
Chiibi

31 Ai Dream

Any buzz on when we are getting volume 3? Viz are very hush about it :/

That is a great question, and I do not have the answer. I just tweeted Shojo Beat, so hopefully we'll know.

Any buzz on when we are getting volume 3? Viz are very hush about it :/

Lemme check amazon.....they are pretty accurate. I KNOW vol 03 came out in Japan a while back....so we shouldn't have to wait that long.

........oh amazon....Y U FAIL ME. D:

lemme check Kinokuniya. I THINK vol. 03 came out in Japan in February....

NO. It came out in December!! Well, that was a while ago! If I had to estimate, Viz will probably release it 2 to 3 months....knowing them. : /

So for those of us wondering when Volume 3 comes out, Viz just announced we have until September to prepare ourselves for it. (Source.)

(Given my reactions to her older plot twists, I don't think that will be enough time to prepare myself from whatever Volume 3 has in store. Or doesn't.)

So for those of us wondering when Volume 3 comes out, Viz just announced we have until September to prepare ourselves for it. (Source.)

(Given my reactions to her older plot twists, I don't think that will be enough time to prepare myself from whatever Volume 3 has in store. Or doesn't.)

aww I want it to come out sooner(;´Д`A

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH I have to go get it.

...............I think I have to get like five volumes of manga/light novels lol I am so behind.

[EDIT]

Woot, I got to the bookstore today before it closed. XD I just finished volume 03 and it took me about half an hour. LOL

So when it comes to "Akari", Hibiki is still my choice for her. When it comes to Chikage....I'm actually a bit torn. I wonder if others share this feel....

Haru has ALWAYS had the feels for her too. He broke up with his current girlfriend because of dem feels. He seems pretty considerate of Chikage's feels and he goes to kiss her and she looks like she wants to (well, she isn't pushing him back at least) AND BOOM, TOKITA COCK-BLOCK.

Yeeeeeah, he said he wasn't gonna get in Haru's way and he goes and does it. I'm kinda mad at him. I bet his girlfriend would be mad too. lol Anyway, Haru is FURIOUS but he hides it and actually backs off for Tokita. HARU. YOU'RE TOO NICE OF A GUY DAMMIT.

Oh dear oh dear.....CHIKAGE, DON'T.

SPEAKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, THIS WILL GO BADLY.

Don't date a boy just because HE likes YOU! Like Hibiki said "Love isn't a thing you should try out". Hibiki is displaying a lot of wisdom here. I can't see any chemistry between Akari and Ruu at all. It has bad idea written all over it. It reminds me of my first boyfriend!!

YAH CHIIBI LOVELIFE STORY-SHARING TYME:

When I was thirteen/fourteen, I can't remember which, I was insecure and lonely and an absolute outcast. I got teased a lot for being a nerd and short and immature. One day at lunch a few guys were badgering me and making me feel bad. One in the group didn't do it however. Back then, I had gotten bullied so much that I didn't want to take anymore shit as soon as it started so I told on them like a baby. I pointed the boys out to the teacher but at the one, I said "Not him. He wasn't mean to me, actually." That same week, the quiet boy asked me out! I was confused and flattered but so happy that someone actually LIKED me so I said yes. So we "dated". By dated, I mean we ate lunch together and went to watch movies and cartoons at each other's houses and stuff. XD Eventually, we drifted apart because we didn't have a lot in common. It wasn't too bad of a break-up but I remember crying because I missed the attention. I don't think I was actually in "love" but I liked him.

He wrote me so many love notes when we "dated" and I still have them all. XD I guess they're still special to me. lol I NEVER GOT LOVE NOTES FROM ANYONE ELSE IN SCHOOL. XD

So......yeah, Chikage (as Akari) is gonna make this mistake....but it will be a learning experience for her and I expect her to come out wiser from it. It's part of growing up after all. Sometimes you gotta fall. =3=

Ahhhhhh the part where Hibiki gets all close to her and mutters "Then I'll steal you from him!" MADE ME GO ALL DOKI-DOKI. XD

...........there's no question which pairing I want the most, that's for sure. >_>

Summing it up, I'm mad at Tokita, sorry for Haru, indifferent to Ruu, still in love with Hibiki, and shaking my head at our girl in a "No no, child!" kind of way. XD

But such a good volume. I'm not waiting for the next one. I'm ordering the Japanese version of volume four RIGHT NOW.

FINALLY ADDING TO THIS

I really appreciated Haru. Sure, maybe he was a bit of a push-over, but just... I was stunned that he was such a nice guy? Breaking up with his fiance because she talked so poorly of Chikage? Like, that wasn't necessary for him to do at all. But respect to him.

The awkward double-date thing gave me life. DATES ARE FUCKING TERRIFYING OKAY. Awkward third-wheel Tokita was great.

ALSO! Two drunk guys and a drunk women in a room and nothing happens. GOOD SHIT. THANK YOU, ARINA. WELL DONE. Don't get me wrong, I still hate that Tokita nearly kissed her and then blamed her for drinking too much and passing out. But on the other side of things... He didn't do it. He had the self control to back off and not do it. That I appreciate. The victim-blaming? Not so much. But it's progress.

I still like Chikage and Tokita. They're just a safer pair, I guess? For so many reasons. But I love Hibiki. He's such a sweetheart even if he doesn't show it much. He really does care for Chikage and his family--I mean, he trusts Chikage (as Akari) enough to babysit his siblings. Too precious.

But Chikage really upset me with choosing to date Ryu. Kid's gonna be heartbroken at the end of the day-- and just imagine the drama/scandal it'll probably cause with those two dating! It could make Akari the center of attention, which really isn't good for several reasons. People will be trying to find the two dating, and Ryu will just be lost and confused when Akari bails on him because she's at work as Chikage. So we'll get the "who is this mystery girl?" and people trying to find her. Someone will probably see her transform and realize she's actually 31 years old. Then throw in the fact of "how did you do it?" will land Tokita into some serious shit.

I just don't see this being a good decision for anyone in the long run. I love Chikage, but I don't approve of her decisions...

POSTING HERE to remind myself to update this with my thoughts... I also need to grab my live reactions that I was pasting to Otaku on skype.

Did you get the new volume yet, Chiibi? (In Japanese, I mean!) I feel like Vol 4 is going to be where all of the juicy drama and dilemmas are because DAMN THE ENDING OF VOLUME 3 HAS SHAKEN THINGS UP!!!!!

Not yet! XD

Debating on either asking a friend to get it or ordering from Kinokuniya....hmmm I have to catch up on AkumaxChic as well: VOLUME ONE IS OUT NOW.

[EDIT]

F*CK ME. VOL FOUR DOESN'T COME OUT TIL NOVEMBER AFKJADKLFJAKSDJFAIEKFJ

:FMTakutorage:

it is too bad a site that put up tons of raws closed up. Not that I blame the owner of course; the Japanese gov is ruthless when it comes to piracy lol

Okay, THREE of us did read volume 4 so............I'm just going to copypasta my response to Akari here...and....well....lol

Lol I read this in Japanese a while back....but I was also kinda shocked at that whole slapping scene. The translation's not botched; they play it straight.

He calls her a "kuso onna".

He definitely slapped her because of what she said to him about "using him"....which would definitely make anyone angry. I wouldn't say he was out of line or that his reaction was irrational or abusive. A punch would be out of line.

Maybe it was how I was raised....but I never found slapping to be that abusive. I got a slap in the face whenever I was rude to my parents so so I view it as discipline. It's more like a "SHAPE UP AND QUIT BEING A JERK" type of action.

It is indeed rare to see a male character slap a female character. But we have seen Ion slap Mikado and Kyoko slap Hizuki. Equality....I guess?

(I've also seen it happen in one anime where a male character slaps a female character for trying to physically hurt another one. Which I thought was understandable. The male character in question is normally a very passive guy so it's SUPER dramatic.)

Chikage's decision to date Ruu was one of the worst ones she'd ever made and I knew it would end badly...but I didn't think it would end THAT badly...xD She never should have tried it in the first place.

Other thoughts:

Tokita's still a total creep. DON'T STALK HER WHEN YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND, IDIOT. Grrr he annoys me so much. I really don't want him to end up with Chikage. I'd rather see Chikage be independently alone than see that.

Hibiki's still best character. Following Ruu on the date because he's worried Ruu will mess up. xD so cute.

Volume 05 is also out in raw and I do have it....but I don't think I should spoil any of that. lol UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO. XD

MAKE IT FOUR, CHIIBI. MAKE IT FOUR.

...tfw you learn your roommate's playing Idolish7 and then can't shut up because Arina Tanemura-sensei designed these characters and drags you out of the VLD fandom and back into the world of Arina Tanemura...

Oh, that, and I've been working from 3 pm to midnight at a newspaper and trying to be a responsible adult or whatever, but hey I'm here!

ANYWHO... MY THOUGHTS AND FEELS ON THIS ONE:

I like Tokita, but... bruh. Are you seriously jealous of Ruu? You have to know this isn't going to work out in the long run. You had to know that. And for real, break it off with your current girlfriend if you're falling for Chikage. ("if." hA)

And agreed that he shouldn't have been stalking her while on that date. But I feel the same way about Hibiki doing the same thing, though? Like, yeah, he says it's for Ruu, but are we really gonna believe that?

Eh, I'm not really OK with any sort of violence in relationships. I would agree a punch would be worse, but I don't think a slap is necessarily acceptable, either.

Also, hear me out: Chikage might be a lesbian... or bi. I know this isn't gonna end up that way, but please hear me out: I think it's somewhat safe to say that Chikage is more comfortable around women. Her first date with Ruu is with Ruu in drag. And she's pretty comfortable around Ruu then. Not terribly awkward or anything like that. (idk, I'm beginning to stray away from asexuality and am now realizing women are wonderful and oh wait I might be bi or something idk.) All I want for Chikage is to date a really sweet woman because things with men aren't working out... just saying. (Also, I'm starting to think Hana has a crush on her or something... and I'm OK with that lmao)

I think Chikage still is the most relatable character to me thus far... though I question some of her decisions, such as dating Ruu. I think we can all agree to some extent she did not think that one through. But hey, we're human, flawed, and make poor choices from time to time!

On another note, I love how we're in crossover territory here. I did a double take when I saw Ushio and Senri pop up! Let's be real, all of Arina's series are all set in the same universe, and I refuse to believe otherwise.

But I feel the same way about Hibiki doing the same thing, though? Like, yeah, he says it's for Ruu, but are we really gonna believe that?

Well, judging from his dialogue, yes, I honestly do believe that. Especially since he took Sayaka home so easily just because she was upset about it.

I really don't think Chikage is bi. XD She is more relaxed around women and people who look like women BECAUSE she's not sexually attracted to them. Just like how when you hang out with your crush, you go all doki-doki but around your friends, you're totally chill.

But I feel the same way about Hibiki doing the same thing, though? Like, yeah, he says it's for Ruu, but are we really gonna believe that?

Well, judging from his dialogue, yes, I honestly do believe that. Especially since he took Sayaka home so easily just because she was upset about it.

I really don't think Chikage is bi. XD She is more relaxed around women and people who look like women BECAUSE she's not sexually attracted to them. Just like how when you hang out with your crush, you go all doki-doki but around your friends, you're totally chill.

Yo, that's totally valid! It's a headcanon of mine, and as I've said, I know she's not gonna end up with a girl... but the dialogue and Chikage's expression right before chapter 17 (the exact page before that chapter, actually) reads to me as Chikage maybe having slight interest in women?

Chikage: (blushing, "gomp gomp" sound effects — maybe a heartbeat fluttering sound? that's how it comes off to me haha)

Ruu: You don't like it?

Chikage: (still blushing, looks a little pouty): I don't mind... but you're cuter than I am.

But from my personal experiences with dating, I've found the best dates are the ones where I feel like it isn't a date at all. I actually went on a date with a girl last Sunday, and I had a really good time just walking and talking. I've never been on a date with another girl — only guys until this one — and I can say it was the first time I felt genuinely good about everything on the drive back home. Like Chikage, I get really anxious around men, even though there's never been a reason for me to feel that way.

Also, I read this as Chikage really enjoying this date up until Ruu removes his wig. Here's Chikage's thoughts: I wasn't too nervous before because Ruu was in drag, but I can't take it anymore! An armageddon will occur if our eyes meet. I'll jump right out of this cabin! But if I do, the sauteed burdock leftovers from last night will go bad...

I found Chikage's anxious thoughts really relatable! I once met up with a friend's older brother who I thought just wanted to hang out. But by the end of our meet-up, he told me I was pretty, and I was a deer in the headlights. I quickly gathered my things, muttered a hasty "thank you" and ran off to my car. Everything was fine until I realized oh god this was a date I need to get the heck on outta here.

As I said to start off, this is merely my headcanon I established after reading this volume. But it's a josei manga, and I'm well aware that it's not going to happen in the series. Still, I think bisexual!Chikage is a wonderful thing. And hey, even if she ends up with a guy, that wouldn't make her any less bisexual! She can like both, and frankly, I am Here for that.

It is cool you've found a heroine you can relate so much to!! I hope Arina will continue to do josei series (though I admit I miss the wide-eyed, flowery innocence of her Ribon days XD And Ribon gave us free stuff ;3; I certainly miss that. XDDD

I am dating someone too but he's so nice and different from other guys; he doesn't do things that make me uncomfortable. I'm used to having guys um....throw themselves at me. @_@ it's refreshing to meet someone who doesn't take that approach. LOL