Forums

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread for this yet… Anyways, the inspiration for this thread came from a post on tumblr, attached to this thread.

As for those of you who don't know what a headcanon is, here is a definition of the word via Wikipedia's dictionary.

"Elements and interpretations of a fictional universe accepted by an individual fan, but not found within or supported by the official canon"

​I actually don't have any as of yet, but I'm curious to see what the rest of you have thought up...

Screenshot 2014-04-20 23.06.47.png

Lol, I'm glad you were inspired by that. :FMMitsukilol:

More....yes........let's see now.....

KKJ:

*Maron *will not* tell her parents that Chiaki made her a woman at age 17. (LOL) She might tell Miyako...but even that is questionable....because we learned she does not tell Miyako everything. Chiaki, on the other hand will tell everyone he knows.

*Maron will become either a gymnastics teacher or a caretaker of children. She gets along pretty well with kids.

*Maron will accompany Chiaki often to his hospital with the intention of cheering up the ill and telling them to keep their faith.

*Maron will meet Zen-kun again in angel form, he'll flirt with her, and Zen-kun and Chiaki will get into fights.

Full Moon:

*Takuto and Mitsuki will reform Route L and travel the world together as the amazing musician married couple duet.

*Having children is questionable because Mitsuki has a frail body like her mother and her mother's mother. I could see them adopting children from the place where Mitsuki met Eichi.

*Though the two won't be able to see and talk to Izumi and Meroko anymore, Izumi and Meroko will still probably mess/play with them. Izumi will absolutely annoy Takuto any way he can by moving his furniture, writing insults on his lyric sheets, screwing up his video game scores, etc.

Shinshi Doumei Cross

*Haine will call Takanari "Takanari-sama" until the day she dies.

*Maora will dress up Maguri as a girl every time he falls asleep before him.

*Ushio and Senri will role play 'doctor and patient' a lot..... if you know what I mean........

• Upvote 4

This looks fun~

KKJ:

-Yashiro and Kagura's two children are the reincarnations of Celcia and Toki. Like Shinji, they've retained memories of their past life, but even if they hadn't, they'd still be as close as they are today to their old friends.

•The girl Natsuki was talking to in the Finn X Access story (Sara I think it was?) was Celcia's new incarnation. She takes after her mother and is quite the athlete. She's good at gymnastics but GREAT at basketball. She and Shinji have a sort of rivalry going on, which Maron thinks is hilarious. She's probably the most different to her past life of the group. In this life, she's become the defacto Group Mom, drawing from how Finn always took care of her back in Heaven. She just really treasures the quartet being back together again, y'know?

•Toki's new incarnation still flirts with Natsuki sometimes, it drives Shinji crazy. Really, though, he's just trying to encourage Shinji to make his move already. All pure intentions. He and his sister revealed their identities shortly after Natsuki realized Shinji's. He's one of those people that try to play it cool but are actually huge, HUGE dorks. On play dates over at Shinji's when they were younger, he'd bug Minazuki all the time about showing him, like, his mineral collection or something. He's not as athletic as his sister, but their dad's taught them both basic self-defence. He doesn't like violence, but WILL raise a fist if you dare mess w/ his cru (and by that I mean he'll try and fight but has to have his sister and Finn swoop in and save the day).

•The twins are a year older than Natsuki. Access got reincarnated before them because he tried so freaking hard in angel school. Celcia was extremely amused by his dedication compared to before. Adorable.

•All four of them have powers. They're mostly drawn from their angelic selves. Shinji also has Chiaki's old powers of protecting the one with the power to reincarnate, Natsuki. Natsuki needs an angel in order transform. That angel would be Zen, of course, and she'd first greet him by calling him a fairy, just like he called Finn. I'm not sure what evil these guys would have to stop given what happened to Maou. I just really like the thought of them four in angelic magical girl-y costumes ok; Celcia in pinks and reds, Toki in yellow, Shinji in purple and blue, and Natsuki in green.

-Not really a headcanon as much as a crazy theory/wild mass guess. The soul of Adam's supposed to accompany each of Eve's lives, right? What if Noin Claude was Jeanne D'arc's Adam incarnation, like Chiaki to Maron? In his duty to protect her, however, he became corrupt, and jeopardized his power to protect for the Devil. The demon that we later learn he possessed himself with began siphoning from his soul. Luckily, fragments of Adam's power 'escaped' through the years so that the souls were able to reincarnate once more, but not immediately after Jeanne's death. This explains why Chiaki's abilities are weaker than Maron's, as well as his and Noin's similar attitudes towards God.

Sakura Hime:

-There were some soul symbols we never found out, wasn't there? I feel like someone already had this one, but something along the lines of 'loyalty' would suit Shuri SO well. Kohaku would be 'smile'. I'm not sure about Hayate, and I'm not sure if Rurijou'd even have one...but how interesting would her symbol be if she did? Same with Enju!

-There were some rumours after the emperor's death that Sakura was the one who killed him while escaping the water chamber. This isn't really a headcanon lol I was just sure after that chapter that this was the way the story would go. I thought Enju was trying to frame Sakura and it'd get super intense after that. (We got the Maimai and Yuri arc instead though so no complaints)

SDC

-If he and Haine were to ever have a kid, Takanari would tell them bedtime stories every night. He'd even collect their favourites into a picture book. One of them would be an abridged version of how he and Haine got together, with elements from Cinderella.

-I have a giant SDC/Dangan Ronpa crossover AU in my head ok do not talk to me about it I will go on endlessly

I've a bunch for TSK, too, about how it could've gone had Arina had the time to flesh out all she'd planned. Looking at the length of this post, that's probably better for another day XD;;

Aah those Full Moon headcanons are so cute!!

• Upvote 1

Okay, I did some brainstorming this morning and these are a few I came up with:

KKJ

-Maron and Chiaki will tell bedtime stories about their adventures as kaitous to Natsuki

-Chiaki does not get along well with Maron's parents (and they don't like him much, either-- they tolerate him for their daughter's sake)

-Maron and Kaiki have a friendlier relationship than Chiaki and Kaiki will ever have

-Zen-kun would have become part of Maron and Chiaki's family, but due to some type of complication, it's not possible. (I really wanted Zen to be Maron and Chiaki's son, but with the post-series extra chapter and his lack of appearance… I really think something may have happened. I refuse to believe that Arina forgot about him in that chapter.)

Full Moon

-If Mitsuki and Takuto are able to have children, their first child would be a boy named Eichi. Chiibi, don't kill me.

-Wakaouji and Ooshige would have two children, Aoi and Hazuki.

• Upvote 1

LOL

I don't think Takuto would like that. XD

LOL

I don't think Takuto would like that. XD

-shrugs- Maybe, maybe not… Not trying to start a debate, but I honestly think it'll be really difficult for Mitsuki to forget about Eichi in general. I think she might really love him, though in a different way than Takuto. You can't deny that Eichi really affected Mitsuki-- for better or for worse. I mean, even in the final manga chapter, Mitsuki says something along the lines of "I have two people watching over me!" (Too lazy to grab my copy of the final volume of Full Moon-- oh, wait, I lent it out to a friend… never mind, then.)

Yeah, the name thing is a little extreme (and like you, Chiibi, I also doubt that they'd be able to have children-- I think your adoption head canon is spot-on in terms of being a realistic thing), but I don't think it's possible to say that Eichi didn't impact Mitsuki-- heck, I would even go as far to say he impacted Takuto, too. There were times Takuto said or thought things along the lines of, "What would Eichi do/say in this situation?" at certain points. Not even that, but Mitsuki would have never have met Takuto as a Shinigami if it weren't for Eichi.

Anyways, Chiibi, if it's OK, I'd actually like to hear more head canons from other users. (Don't want this thread to turn into a debate for other users who want to read head canons.) If you have a rebuttal, PM me instead?

• Upvote 1

I never said he didn't impact her. =3= It's natural he did. That kind of thing is something any little girl would remember for a lifetime. You don't forget your first crush. I'm more than twice her age and I can still remember mine. loooooool SECOND GRADE. It was SO shoujo because we hated each other and then we suddenly liked each other loooooooool

I can't think of anymore headcanons at the moment so........

I like all of ArinaAngel's, esp KKJ. :3 Let's see what others can come up with! I bet BWR has good ones....

• Upvote 2

Haha, sorry if I jumped the gun on the "debate thing." ^^; Sometimes I over think people's responses… (I read waaaay too much into "I don't think Takuto would like that.")

Okay, back to ArinaAngel's head canons… Of all the KKJ ones (even if it was more of a theory), this one was really interesting…

-Not really a headcanon as much as a crazy theory/wild mass guess. The soul of Adam's supposed to accompany each of Eve's lives, right? What if Noin Claude was Jeanne D'arc's Adam incarnation, like Chiaki to Maron? In his duty to protect her, however, he became corrupt, and jeopardized his power to protect for the Devil. The demon that we later learn he possessed himself with began siphoning from his soul. Luckily, fragments of Adam's power 'escaped' through the years so that the souls were able to reincarnate once more, but not immediately after Jeanne's death. This explains why Chiaki's abilities are weaker than Maron's, as well as his and Noin's similar attitudes towards God.

^I honestly could see this a possibility in the series. But I think there may be a flaw if this were to be canon (but it's not, so…). Noin's not dead, so I don't know how reincarnation beyond him could occur? Then again, maybe if we're talking more about the soul itself and the demon possessing Noin eventually eating up his soul… Maybe. Just maybe. (Again, totally over thinking.)

• Upvote 1

It's fine. Yeah, my response was more like "haha he'd probably get mad about that" not like "I'm offended you'd ever suggest that!!"

Noin's not dead, so I don't know how reincarnation beyond him could occur? Then again, maybe if we're talking more about the soul itself and the demon possessing Noin eventually eating up his soul… Maybe. Just maybe. (Again, totally over thinking.)

I remember fans being 'WUT" at the anime because Noin died but in the manga "he's supposed to be immortal". I don't remember reading that....but as he likely would have killed himself a long time ago after Jeanne died...but here he is, 500 years later, it's probably true?

Sucks for him but he's got Silk hahaha Odd that angels like Fin can die but demons can't....

• Upvote 1

Thanks, guys! :)

Ooh, yes, there's definitely holes in the theory. As you said, even if it were just the demon inhabiting his body now and the human traces all having gone to Chiaki like I was thinking, it'd be waaaayy too far a stretch and unnecessarily complicated to ever be canon. Being the continuity freak I am, though, I do like the thought as a headcanon because it'd only make sense for Jeanne to have an Adam incarnation in her life if Maron did. (Though I guess Chiaki even being Adam was only ever alluded to..)

I started confusing myself with the laws of Noin's immortality so I went back to his speech in volume 4. He mentions that he's an example of a human demon host 'never' dying. Obviously he hasn't aged in years so he's immortal in that sense, but is he invincible, too? I'd think that's a yes, but I can see how the anime took liberties with it. I'll have to rewatch it sometime to see if it matches their canon, too!

Odd that angels like Fin can die but demons can't....

Hey, what happened to the demons at the end of KKJ, anyway? I assumed they died with the Devil, but like we're saying, Noin's still around...Unless he doesn't qualify as a demon or something....

or unless the demons didn't disappear and my headcanon of the angel quartet being this kickass magical people team can come into play with them fighting the remaining demons >D

I'm totally picking bones and reading too much into it at this point. XD;;

Sdvhkl I love reading these so much! :,D It's like breathing new life into old stories. For Chiibi's first one I'm laughing so hard imagining what Minazuki's reaction would be (his reaction to Chiaki telling him that, I mean). And I like Otaku's about the in-law relationships in kkj! I like how realistically imperfect it'd be for Maron's parents to not be fans of Chiaki.

Really important SHK headcanon that's really important: Asagiri totally sung Let it Go after/during the destruction of her village. Some parts of the song goes so well with her story like?!?!

Ooh, and Shinji calls Natsuki 'Angel Fish' as a nickname! In the worst pun known to man and angel alike.

Here's a big "what-if" head canon/theory thing for you:

What if the Devil never really died? Maybe he died in human terms of death, but perhaps there's something we're missing or don't understand. Think about it for a second: Noin is still around at the end of the series, right? If all the demons really died along with the Devil, wouldn't Noin be dead, too? The demon that possessed him is what kept Noin alive for so long (or that's what I'm recalling). Also, more possible evidence for this: Maron threw her rosary at the Devil-- she didn't exactly "seal" him. Not to mention that the Devil had enough power to attempt to kill Maron after she threw the rosary at him. (And Fin died from taking the hit for Maron-- the Devil was still pretty powerful.)

Also, on the finer points of immortality, I've read books where immortals can die (Tamora Pierce's Immortal Quartet comes to mind)-- they live forever unless killed through some sort of action (such as being shot with an arrow). So Noin dying in the anime seems plausible to me. It just depends on how a person defines immortality.

Whoa, there's actually quite a lot of evidence for that O_o. I'd never thought about it, but you're right, we don't see a chess piece or anything super-definite to confirm his death (granted, the scene was more focused on Finn's death at the time). Lol, I think I wrote a fanfic a few years ago where the Devil came back with the explanation that Finn had shared some of her reincarnation power with him. Who knows, when Finn said she'd be 'joining' Satan, she could've literally meant going to the same limbo as him instead of ceasing to exist entirely. She came back, but not immediately afterwards. Where was her soul between those years?

For Chiibi's first one I'm laughing so hard imagining what Minazuki's reaction would be (his reaction to Chiaki telling him that, I mean).

HUR HUR HUR. XD

And I like Otaku's about the in-law relationships in kkj! I like how realistically imperfect it'd be for Maron's parents to not be fans of Chiaki

Chiaki's good at charming the ladies....so I think Koron might like him. Her dad though.....THAT's another story. Dads are always like "RAWR. U CAN'T HAVE MY LIL' GIRL!!"

No matter how perfect and over-achieving the man is.

They stlll go NO. NO NO NO NO.

I'm so old and my dad is still like that LOL

]Really important SHK headcanon that's really important:[/b] Asagiri totally sung Let it Go after/during the destruction of her village. Some parts of the song goes so well with her story like?!?!

MY GOD. YES.

Ooh, and Shinji calls Natsuki 'Angel Fish' as a nickname! In the worst pun known to man and angel alike.

*snorting out loud*

• Upvote 1

Whoa, there's actually quite a lot of evidence for that O_o. I'd never thought about it, but you're right, we don't see a chess piece or anything super-definite to confirm his death (granted, the scene was more focused on Finn's death at the time). Lol, I think I wrote a fanfic a few years ago where the Devil came back with the explanation that Finn had shared some of her reincarnation power with him. Who knows, when Finn said she'd be 'joining' Satan, she could've literally meant going to the same limbo as him instead of ceasing to exist entirely. She came back, but not immediately afterwards. Where was her soul between those years?

I didn't even think about the absence of a chess piece-- and there isn't one in sight. Even though that scene was focused on Fin's death, I still think Arina could have slipped one in there somewhere, but she didn't… whether or not that was intentional, I have no idea, but it does leave some interesting possibilities...

Also, is the fan fiction you're referring to "It Ain't Over 'Till the Devil Says It Is?" I really enjoyed reading that one. I want to read more of it, but I'm such a hypocrite when it comes to completing fan fictions I've written… Even the one I started this year ("Family Ties") is in limbo to an extent-- hiatus until school ends for now, I suppose. But I was hired for a new job over the summer which is going to keep me super busy... -sigh-

Not to get all preachy with my religion but I definitely believe as long as humans do wrong, the devil must still be around because he's responsible for every bad thought and action. I would apply this to KKJ's universe. Lol, I cannot get out of this mindset.

• Upvote 1

I've thought the same thing, Chiibi, but at the same time, I feel like it's a little more complex than that. I think that people are the ones that make the decision between what is right and wrong. Maybe the Devil may have some influence on an evil thought or action, but I believe people have a choice.

I'm sure that not everyone on ATFC is religious or believes in a god of some sort, so I figured I may as well explain it in other ways with evidence from the series.

Edit: I felt like noting that this thread is suddenly getting really in-depth (and philosophical to a degree now). XD

I didn't even think about the absence of a chess piece-- and there isn't one in sight. Even though that scene was focused on Fin's death, I still think Arina could have slipped one in there somewhere, but she didn't… whether or not that was intentional, I have no idea, but it does leave some interesting possibilities...

Also, is the fan fiction you're referring to "It Ain't Over 'Till the Devil Says It Is?" I really enjoyed reading that one. I want to read more of it, but I'm such a hypocrite when it comes to completing fan fictions I've written… Even the one I started this year ("Family Ties") is in limbo to an extent-- hiatus until school ends for now, I suppose. But I was hired for a new job over the summer which is going to keep me super busy... -sigh-

You're right, it does! Tbh, I always thought it was kind of extreme how the Devil just...ceases to exist entirely at the end. I'm with you guys; just as Maron says that there are still demons in people's hearts, I don't think he'd ever truly be gone.

And, yup, that's the one! Thank you

Random SDC headcanon: Komaki and Kusame continue their respective positions as president and vice president in high school. Komaki's one of the first 'empresses'/girls in the gold rank, and opens the doors for more women in the position for the future. Her dad's really proud of her :3c Kusame, naturally, is her platinum.

Oh! And in SHK, there's a pig in the bonus gag strips that Enju and his gang accidentally turn immortal on their quest for food right. That pig is Gu-Chan. No one can tell me otherwise.

I meant to reply to this at some point...

Haha, I wouldn't object to a re-write or a continuation of your old fan fiction. My own hypocrisy aside, please write it!

God knows my own writing needs work. My descriptions-- or lack thereof--make me want to scream. I cannot describe certain things or actions very well. I read other people's writing and mine lacks...

Anyways, KKJ head canons coming up (these are more "what-ifs"):

I really wonder if Maron or Chiaki would have ever told their parents about being kaitous. I feel like Kaiki would have figured it out on his own (why that is, I don't know). Maron's parents… I think she wants to tell them, but I feel like she might hold back for quite some time. Miyako knows, so I have a feeling Minazuki will catch on-- he's definitely smarter than Miyako gave him credit for.

Also, I know in the manga Miyako said she knew Maron was Jeanne all along, but I feel like that wouldn't have happened until Jeanne agreed to help save Miyako's brother. (Plus, that side story about her trying to repay Maron for certain things? I don't think that was put there as some cover-up to explain the method to Miyako's madness.)

Also, on the note of Maron's parents in general, they missed out on a lot of her life before they returned (they were abroad for 6 to 7 years, right?). I feel like they'd want to find a way to make it up to her, but that's not possible. I googled the legal adult age in Japan-- it's 20. So she has about 2-3 years left to live with them as a minor (again, I'm not entirely sure of the differences in the schooling system). Granted, she could stay with them longer, but Chiaki is probably impatient in terms of waiting for marriage.

I'm double-posting a lot today.

Okay, new one:

The only thing Chiaki can cook is a stack of hotcakes. He wasn't particularly skilled at cooking them when Access was around (not that Access minded-- food is food), but he wanted to try to keep his promise for when the Kuro-tenshi would be reincarnated. Maron taught him how to cook hotcakes but had little success with anything else.

Chiaki strikes me as a "why-should-I-cook-when-other-people-can-do-it-for-me?" type of guy. XD

I can see that so clearly XD

Aaah, these KKJ ones are so cute! I like how expansive they are on Maron & her parents' relationship after the main story's events. Headcanon that they visit the Marondome place thing that Maron's father named after her shortly following the couple's remarriage.

I also like to think that Chiaki proposed to Maron on the merry-go-round at Minazuki's family's amusement park. The Ferris wheel would also be sweet. Or where they shared their kiss and had the thing with the clover rings if we're talking about the anime? Ooh, and the proposal rings would have clover-shaped gems just like the ones from that episode! orrr not since they probably carry terrible identity-discovering memories ;

Gaah, I want to list a bunch of 'I think this is how they'd propose' headcanons now (for the couples that did this offscreen..not that many at all if we're only talking leads now that I think of it)

On the note of engagement rings, I looked up the meaning of certain gems... And I found a certain one that would be really cute. ^^

From gemselect.com on Aquamarine:

"Associated with courage and the release of anxiety and fear. It is thought to soothe, calm and alleviate fears and to help relaxation on long journeys. Many believe that it protects sailors at sea, and prevents seasickness. Tradition holds that it gives insight and aids in mental clarity."

Even though Maron conquered her fears, I think this gem would show that Chiaki sees her as brave and that he was always by her side as she was discovering how to love and be courageous. (Also a promise that he'll always be there for her.

The sailor part was an added bonus. XD

• Upvote 1

I can see that so clearly XD

Aaah, these KKJ ones are so cute! I like how expansive they are on Maron & her parents' relationship after the main story's events. Headcanon that they visit the Marondome place thing that Maron's father named after her shortly following the couple's remarriage.

I also like to think that Chiaki proposed to Maron on the merry-go-round at Minazuki's family's amusement park. The Ferris wheel would also be sweet. Or where they shared their kiss and had the thing with the clover rings if we're talking about the anime? Ooh, and the proposal rings would have clover-shaped gems just like the ones from that episode! orrr not since they probably carry terrible identity-discovering memories ;

WAAAAAAAAAAH ADORABLE

I accept this 100%

How about one morning Shinji proposes to Natsuki over a big stack of HOTCAKES? XD

• Upvote 1

Pfft, I can so see that XD. She'd probably punch him while blushing like crazy. Ooh! For the ring, could they maybe use Access' earring? It was kinda ring-like...lol.

Aaah, that gem would go with them so well! Especially with Sinbad being named after a pirate~