Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiibi

Purchasing International Arina Items: The Complete Guide and FAQ

Do you want MORE Arina Tanemura stuff? Of course you do. :)

This is Chiibi's detailed guide and FAQ on the exact steps you need to take to make that happen!

By following these instructions carefully, you will learn how to purchase:

*Doujinshi

*Furoku

*Super-rare, out-of-print items

*Raw manga editions

*DVD sets

And now F.A.Q.

Q: SHIPPING FROM JAPAN!? What about yen!? I only have dollars/pounds etc. How does this work!?

A: Don't worry. If you use the Celga website, they take care of ALL of that. It's very easy!

Q: But isn't this stuff on ebay?

A: Nope. A LOT of it is not. You might find one or two rare things IF you're lucky.....but it normally takes years. I almost NEVER find doujinshi on there. D: Just to give you an idea, if I type "full moon wo sagashite" for ebay, I get 1 page (26 results) right now. But if I search for it on Yahoo Auctions Japan, I will get five pages (88 results)!!

Q: Does this cost a lot?

A: Erm.....yes. It's international shipping......so it will always cost a pretty penny. Can't sugarcoat that one for you. BUT IT'S WORTH IT! Short of actually traveling to Japan, there is no other way to get this stuff. I'VE TRIED.

Q: I can't type in Japanese and Google Translator is USELESS!!? D:

A: This is exactly why I made this guide. XD (and yes, I know. Don't use it. It blows. LOL.)

Q: I'm uneasy about ordering from sites and auctions I'm not familiar with. Can I really trust that I won't be ripped off or scammed?

A: This is a very wise query! Indeed, the Internet is full of crooks and scams. But I have *never*, not ONCE ever been cheated by Celga OR Japanese auctions and stores. They are efficient, fast, friendly, and VERY trustworthy. I actually rank them above eBay (which has screwed me over twice) T_T

If you have any other questions than these, post in this thread and I'll do my best to help!! :'D

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Information You Need to Know

Right, well, in short, you are going to be searching for Arina things on Japanese websites so you need to know what the titles look like!

JUST COPY AND PASTE!!

Tanemura Arina: 種村有菜

I-O-N: イ・オ・ン

Kanshaku Dama No Yuuutsu: かんしゃく玉のゆうつ

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne: 神風怪盗ジャンヌ

Time Stranger Kyoko: 時空異邦 KYOKO

Full Moon Wo Sagashite: 満月をさがして

Shinshi Doumei Cross: 紳士同盟揮†

Zettai Kakusei Tenshi Mistress Fortune: 絶対覚醒天使ミストレス☆フォーチュン

Sakurahime Kaden: 桜姫華伝

Neko To Watashi No Kinyoubi: 猫と私の金曜日

31 Ai Dream: 31☆アイドリーム

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Know what you want to look for? Good.

This is the tricky part....but I'm going to take screenshots to make it easy!!

Let's start by visiting my favorite place: Yahoo Auctions Japan!

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

Now just follow me.......

th_yahoaku01_zps3f4433f2.jpg

th_yahoaku02_zpsc711d7ee.jpg

th_yahoaku03_zps9a01acd3.jpg

th_yahoaku04_zps0a765894.jpg

th_yahoaku05_zpsa427bf69.jpg

Now you will need an account with Celga to proceed to the next step:

Celga.com

th_celga01_zps742a0adc.jpg

th_celga02_zpscbb42801.jpg

AND YOU DONE.

Now, Celga requires you to pay half your bid right away but if you don't win, they put the money on your NEXT bid, so you won't lose anything. If you win, you have to pay your full bid, shipping in Japan and then shipping to your house.

THAT'S HOW THAT GOES DOWN. I HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL.

Feel free to ask me ANYTHING. I've been buying crap with this method for YEARS, literally. XD

I'm also VERY good at finding stuff. Not bragging or anything. I'm just pretty experienced and know where to go. That's what happens when you're a hopeless fanatic who likes to spend money on rare things. lol

• Upvote 3

Yeah, but it's REALLY expensive. You have to pay double the amount and the shipping is absurd. D:

This is a fantastic guide, Chiibi! Thanks so much!

I wanted to add that I purchased the Strawberry Candle twitter illustrations from this seller. It took quite a bit of time for it to arrive, but it arrived safely.

If you're buying anything on ebay, read the seller's feedback profile. It gives you a pretty solid indication of the seller's speed and quality. Even if there are 4 negative reviews, read them-- better safe than sorry. I ordered something off of amazon from a seller that had 90% positive feedback. Their order was taking too long, so I looked through the feedback. The negative reviews said that they took a long time shipping off items.

I canceled the order and luckily I was refunded, but be very careful. Reading feedback and reviews can save you a lot of time.

True that!!

This probably goes without saying: also never buy when there is no picture!!

Way too suspicious.....>_>

I wanted to add that I purchased the Strawberry Candle twitter illustrations from this seller. It took quite a bit of time for it to arrive, but it arrived safely.

OOH!? That's awesome!! Pretty good price too! I'll have to keep an eye on this. XD

can't buy anything now. saving for new laptop DX

This is an excellent guide!! :3 I'm too broke right now to buy anything for my own personal pleasure, but this will be really useful to anyone looking for something specific or just wanting to expand their Arina collection :D

If you go to wikipedia pages and copy the Japanese characters that they provide, is that sufficient for this method? Like, if I wanted Sailor Moon, the Wiki page says:

Sailor Moon (美少女戦士セーラームーン Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn?, originally translated as Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon[1] and later as Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon[2][3])

Are those characters the ones I'd be searching for on Yahoo?

----

Also, on the topic of ebay--I almost never buy if the seller is less than 99.5% positive. And if it's not 100%, it has to be a REALLY GOOD deal. In addition, depending somewhat on the item and the merchandiser, I don't usually buy "stock photo" items, either.

• Upvote 1

Also, on the topic of ebay--I almost never buy if the seller is less than 99.5% positive. And if it's not 100%, it has to be a REALLY GOOD deal. In addition, depending somewhat on the item and the merchandiser, I don't usually buy "stock photo" items, either.

Good point about the stock photo items. Also, it might be a good idea to compile a list of sellers on ebay that have worked in terms of things like this? The one I listed was excellent. My biggest worry was that I couldn't track shipping, but in the end, it arrived just fine. 2-3 weeks. And it was in perfect condition. And even check the more recent feedback/reviews. They might be at a point where they've been making more mistakes in the past few months than they did a year ago.

jhfjashlkjahh wow thank you for thisss, this is so cool *___* ! i think i'll wait til im adult to purchase things though, i dont even trust myself on english sites lol, i'm way too unlucky for my own good

putting this in spoiler tags cuz you'll see.

a couple of months back in july, I asked my dad if I could get a harvest moon game, and once we both agreed it was legit, we ordered.

but oh man were we shocked omfg.

something happened, i dont even know what, but we ended up having a strap-on/fake male body part appear.

im not kidding. a s-x toy came in the mail.

we ordered a game aimed at children.

but the real thing came the next day lol, all by the same seller. but woah man never forget.

• Upvote 1

This is an excellent guide!! :3 I'm too broke right now to buy anything for my own personal pleasure, but this will be really useful to anyone looking for something specific or just wanting to expand their Arina collection :D

If you go to wikipedia pages and copy the Japanese characters that they provide, is that sufficient for this method? Like, if I wanted Sailor Moon, the Wiki page says:

Are those characters the ones I'd be searching for on Yahoo?

Yup, you can totally do it like that too. Wiki's fine.

@Mitsuki: OMG, MITSUKI, THAT'S CREEPY!!! Sorry that happened to you, dear. O_O

Whaaaaaat??!! Mitsuki that's crazy!!! :o And really weird. Maybe they sold the erm... product, to someone else, and accidentally sent it to you in addition to your own purchase? If they had a fairly large store, mistakes do happen

jhfjashlkjahh wow thank you for thisss, this is so cool *___* ! i think i'll wait til im adult to purchase things though, i dont even trust myself on english sites lol, i'm way too unlucky for my own good

putting this in spoiler tags cuz you'll see.

a couple of months back in july, I asked my dad if I could get a harvest moon game, and once we both agreed it was legit, we ordered.

but oh man were we shocked omfg.

something happened, i dont even know what, but we ended up having a strap-on/fake male body part appear.

im not kidding. a s-x toy came in the mail.

we ordered a game aimed at children.

but the real thing came the next day lol, all by the same seller. but woah man never forget.

That's the best thing I've heard all night, omg. Wtf. FREEBIES ARE GETTING STRANGE THESE DAYS.