Forums
Otaku Ookami

Arina to attend AnimeFest 2015

Yup, that's right! AnimeFest 2015 just announced Arina Tanemura as a (returning!) guest of honor.

(The only reason I know is because a friend tagged me in the convention's Facebook announcement post a few minutes ago. I promise I don't Google "Arina Tanemura" everyday.)

AnimeFest 2015 will run from September 4-7 in Dallas, Texas. Keep an eye on pre-ordering badges; prices are pretty low right now, but will rise as the con gets closer.

Is that the same Texas convention that she attended a couple of years ago the Chiibi went to, or would this be a different Texas convention?

Is that the same Texas convention that she attended a couple of years ago the Chiibi went to, or would this be a different Texas convention?

I believe it is the same one Chiibi attended.

Yes, it is.

I won't be attending, either. I've met her once and in a way, I feel like more than once might be too much?

Meeting her, Access, and BWR was one of the best things to happen in my life. I don't think meeting Arina a second time would top the first time.

sentimental Otaku is sentimental

• Upvote 1

I'll be attending!
Meeting her in 2012 was amazing and I'm looking forward to having her back. Anime Fest is local for me, I feel like I hit the jackpot again :D

• Upvote 2

My Brother's birthday is way too close to those dates so that's me out. Oh well, at least I've met her once :P

Right?

Perhaps this time around she'll be taking photos with fans at AnimeFest.

* MY FAN GIRL SCREAM!!! Omg I want to go soo bad!!! OOh I hope I can go this year! Its so going to get a lot of convincing for my parents to let me go on this one!

I WANT TO GO BUT I DON'T WANT HER TO THINK I'M CREEPY. :FMTakutodepressed:

If anything Chiibi, I'm the creepy one. Traveling all the way from England to see Arina.... :'P

You can use the excuse that she didn't allow photos at the last con you went to and you want all the photos :)

XD thanks for the support guys.

I want to ask her stuff like "HEY, IS IZUMI'S HAIR BLOND AS A KID?" or "TELL ME ABOUT MEROKO'S FAMILY" or "WHAT DO THE SONGS YOU WROTE FOR THE MANGA SOUND LIKE!?" cause.............all of that's been bothering me for years XD

• Upvote 1

XD thanks for the support guys.

I want to ask her stuff like "HEY, IS IZUMI'S HAIR BLOND AS A KID?" or "TELL ME ABOUT MEROKO'S FAMILY" or "WHAT DO THE SONGS YOU WROTE FOR THE MANGA SOUND LIKE!?" cause.............all of that's been bothering me for years XD

Even better... PLEASE SING THE SONGS THAT YOU WROTE FOR THE MANGA!!! (if you do actually go, and you do actually ask... please record this somehow xD). Arina is such a great performer IMO, her little cover of "Let it go" at detour (which I regret not whipping out my camera for, uuuugh) was SO good.

I'd actually love some non-anime/manga related songs from her, just random songs that she's written just about life. That'd be kinda cool.

• Upvote 2

I WANT TO GO BUT I DON'T WANT HER TO THINK I'M CREEPY. :FMTakutodepressed:

Since it is a convention that she visited previously there are going to be plenty of people that attended the last time she was there as well. She probably wouldn't even think twice about it.

If anything Chiibi, I'm the creepy one. Traveling all the way from England to see Arina.... :'P

Shhh, that's not creepy. That's being a dedicated fan. Granted, sometimes dedicated fans can be creepy, but that does not apply to you.

If you were creepy, I don't know why I took a bus to stay with you and Access for Nebraskon.

Is it just not US culture to take busses/trains on your own or something? Most people I know are impressed when I say I commute 5hr+ journeys on public transport and I'm just like "Uhh I'm an adult, I've been doing this half my life". When I was 14 I used to take the train all the way to the other side of the country all the time, it's just not that much of a big deal here I guess xD

You took a bus to see them, Otaku? Wow, that's just like in Smoke Signals! :D Did you have to travel really far, or were you closer?

No, she is only about two hours drive away.

Is it just not US culture to take busses/trains on your own or something? Most people I know are impressed when I say I commute 5hr+ journeys on public transport and I'm just like "Uhh I'm an adult, I've been doing this half my life". When I was 14 I used to take the train all the way to the other side of the country all the time, it's just not that much of a big deal here I guess xD

Public transportation here seems to be generally quite poor in comparison to Europe, so more people tend to have cars they can use for LNG trips.

It depends where you live in the US, really. In New York City and other parts of the East Coast, subways/undergrounds are a pretty common method of transportation. In bigger cities, taxis and public bus services are common, too. Trains above ground? Eeh, not so much... At least where I'm from. I think in California, trolleys are fairly common?

In the US, the best ways to get around without flying or owning a car are probably things like the Megabus or Greyhound bus systems.

As for the whole "I'm an adult" thing, remember that legal adulthood in the US is 18... But there's not much you can do at 18 as an adult here... I mean, you can buy cigarettes and watch NC-17 or XXX films. You can gamble in some states. You have to make your own doctor appointments and stay on top of medications. If you do something illegal, the crime will go on your permanent record.

But I can't drink because the drinking age is 21 (and waaaay too high imo). I'm still on my parents' medical insurance. So I'm still not a full-fledged adult.

No, she is only about two hours drive away.

Two hours away feels like a lot to me, LOL. I don't think I would have made the drive even if I had a car LOL. I finally feel comfortable driving on the interstate, but 2 hours alone with no extra driver would be a bit much for me at this point. I mean, my grandma lives 3-3.5 hours away and my grandpa is about 2-2.5 hours away. And those trips take forever... But then again, when you're crammed into a minivan with 5 other people, they tend to be long.

Our train system, for the most part, is used for transporting cargo. We have subways and things like that in the bigger cities, but not many trains here do the kind of travel you guys have in Europe (or if there are any that do that here, I haven't heard of them!) :D Cars and planes are used more when it comes to traveling here.

(Also, I think this is one of my first post quotes? Maybe? I hope I did it right! :D)

Well we do... BUT... the long distance trains cost just as much money as a plane ticket to the same place and take a ton longer, so they just simply aren't worth it most of the time.

Oh god...I forgot about your silly drinking age. BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN VOTE AT 18, RIGHT? And medical insurance....bleeeh.

Y'all come live in the UK where the healthcare is free and the drinking age is 4 if you're not on public property. (I'm not joking) xD

It's a shame your public transport isn't too good :( I love love love train journeys. Busses can be eh, though, but they get you where they need to. I don't really like flying much.

Or if you all want to bike it, go to Holland. There's more bikes than cars and it's just kinda magical. Haha.

Oh god...I forgot about your silly drinking age. BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN VOTE AT 18, RIGHT? And medical insurance....bleeeh.

Y'all come live in the UK where the healthcare is free and the drinking age is 4 if you're not on public property. (I'm not joking) xD

It's a shame your public transport isn't too good :( I love love love train journeys. Busses can be eh, though, but they get you where they need to. I don't really like flying much.

Or if you all want to bike it, go to Holland. There's more bikes than cars and it's just kinda magical. Haha.

I forgot about voting at age 18... which is bad because I actually voted for the first time this year. (2014 was for Congress/our legislature to folks not from the US.)

I missed the 2012 presidential elections by a little less than a month. December birthday and of course voting is in November...

I'm a very nervous driver. I WILL NOT take a road trip longer than an hour in my 2007 car. :FMMitsukiXD: Even being on the turnpike freaks me out. :FMTakutodepressed:

So I take buses to conventions quite often. Will need to fly down to TEXASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS though.

http:http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9fdwgLNsU1qaqps8o1_500.gif"/>

To be fair though, at the same time, as you've seen there is a whole lot of nothing between cities of significant sizes, so it's just not too effective to have so many train routes, busses are a bit more common though around here than trains in that regard.

Otaku, 2 hours generally isn't too bad when you're occupied by the task of driving itself, I hate being a passenger on road trips because of how boring it can get when you're not engaged somehow.

For reference and familiarity for those in the UK, the distance between Otaku and I is roughly 130 miles. That is roughly the distance from the south side of Birmingham to Leeds according to Google Maps. On that trip I can't even count how many towns and villages you would be going through, some appear to be of quite decent size as well. The same trip from where I live to where Otaku lives, you leave my city, and see maybe one or two towns off in the distance before arriving in her city.

The same trip from where I live to where Otaku lives, you leave my city, and see maybe one or two towns off in the distance before arriving in her city.

And corn and soybeans. Lots of corn and soybeans.