Forums
Otaku Ookami

ATFC Game Night

Game night availability  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which date(s) work best for you during the given timeframe? (select all that apply)

• July 25
    • August 1
    • August 8

Introducing... ATFC Board Game Night!

(Hosted by yours truly.)

clip-art-board-games-355371.jpg

General Info:

Who: Any interested ATFC users!

What: Playing online board games with people! Possible games include: Board Game Online, Cards Against Humanity, and Picture Telephone. (Suggestions are always welcome and highly encouraged!)

Where: Probably where you're sitting right now.

When: TBD.

Why: Umm... WHY wouldn't you want to join us on a board game adventure? It'll be a great time to hang out with your ATFC friends and get to know them in real time! Laughs will be had. You'll be on the inside of inside jokes... So what are you waiting for?

Still unsure? Well, fear not: the user who wins the most games will win a shiny, new, personalized banner award.

But wait! There's more: If this goes over well, I want to try to make this a monthly competition/get-together... so everyone has a shot at winning a banner and laughing at everyone's failures.

tumblr_mv7tfu3xef1rej2hmo1_500.gif

Follow these steps if you're interested:

1. Reply below with days and times you're available and your timezone.
  2. Add me (otakuookami) on Skype.
  3. When you add me, please add something like "it's -insert username here- from ATFC." I will not add you if you do not tell me your username.
  4. I will announce a date and time based on availability.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me.

Let the games begin!

• Upvote 1

General availability (US Central Time Zone):

All day: Sunday. Tuesday. Thursday.

Before 3 PM Monday. Wednesday.

• Upvote 1

I will be at 90% of these events and I am fabulous so you all know I want in. Anybody that does not want to talk on voice can join the call and mute and type to us whilst we tell you that we love you before sinking your battleships.

• Upvote 2

I will be at 90% of these events and I am fabulous so you all know I want in. Anybody that does not want to talk on voice can join the call and mute and type to us whilst we tell you that we love you before sinking your battleships.

^^This.

I really want people to feel comfortable playing, and I am more than willing to make accommodations if you need them.

If you're worried about Internet friends/"Otaku isn't who she says she is" I will show my face on Skype and say hi before we set up a day. (Also, BWR, Access, and Sweetie can tell you I am a speed-talking 20-year-old redheaded girl who loves dogs, Disney, and Arina to death; and I can also confirm these lovely ladies are who they say they are.)

• Upvote 1

SUPER interested, EST is my timezone, but the issue is my schedule is very fickle... I don't really know what days im free or not, but the day I'm free most of the time is Saturday night... Friday nights are o.k as long as it's before midnight, and weekdays... It can be really spontaneous... Preferably at night........ WHICH MIGHT BE BAD FOR PEOPLE IN THE OTHER TIMEZONES........... TT TT But i'll try to make it work...

• Upvote 2

Im GMT :DD

im not too comfortable with my voice yet aaa so i'll most likely be typing ;v;)b i think i'll be available all weekend and every day after next week since its summer i wont be doing much -v-

• Upvote 2

I'm up like all night anyway so I can fit into everyone's timezones. APPARENTLY MITSUKI IS TOO, LOL. WHY ARE WE AWAKE AT 4AM? I went to bed at like 10am this morning. Woops. xDD

I hate my voice and I dnnow if I can always get on mic because I have people who are in work sleeping in meh house, but when I can I can. Even if it's just to jump on and yell "THERE'S ANTS IN MY EYES". xD (I am way too into Rick and Morty, ORZ)

Boardgame online is always the best, though. Especially when everyone gets aids. XD It's the craziest game ever. Random stuff happens. Including Access committing suicide last time we all played. With a rocket launcher. xD

• Upvote 2

UTC+00:00 or GMT is my timezone :P

I'm free all day everyday from wednesday to Sunday this week, and after 6pm every day after that.

• Upvote 2

I'm so busy atm I have no clue if I'll be available at all, but if I can I'll join in! I won't know until a day before whether I'll be free haha my life right now~

• Upvote 2

Woah, this exploded overnight! YES!! :D

SUPER interested, EST is my timezone, but the issue is my schedule is very fickle... I don't really know what days im free or not, but the day I'm free most of the time is Saturday night... Friday nights are o.k as long as it's before midnight, and weekdays... It can be really spontaneous... Preferably at night........ WHICH MIGHT BE BAD FOR PEOPLE IN THE OTHER TIMEZONES........... TT TT But i'll try to make it work...

I can make Saturday night work for me. I get off work around 6 PM in my timezone, so that actually shouldn't be too bad.

im not too comfortable with my voice yet aaa so i'll most likely be typing ;v;)b i think i'll be available all weekend and every day after next week since its summer i wont be doing much -v-

That's totally fine. Don't sweat it.

Boardgame online is always the best, though. Especially when everyone gets aids. XD It's the craziest game ever. Random stuff happens. Including Access committing suicide last time we all played. With a rocket launcher. xD

WE WERE ON A TEAM, ACCESS... AND YOU HAD TO GO AND EXPLODE.

I'm free all day everyday from wednesday to Sunday this week, and after 6pm every day after that.

Awesome! Thanks! :D

I'm so busy atm I have no clue if I'll be available at all, but if I can I'll join in! I won't know until a day before whether I'll be free haha my life right now~

Don't sweat it. As I said, I would love to make this a monthly event, so if this month doesn't work, the next might be better.

• Upvote 1

Woah, this exploded overnight! YES!! :D

I can make Saturday night work for me. I get off work around 6 PM in my timezone, so that actually shouldn't be too bad.

That's totally fine. Don't sweat it.

WE WERE ON A TEAM, ACCESS... AND YOU HAD TO GO AND EXPLODE.

Awesome! Thanks! :D

Don't sweat it. As I said, I would love to make this a monthly event, so if this month doesn't work, the next might be better.

Hey, I took someone out with me. It was suicide bombing, not just suicide.

• Upvote 2

Also, 'm available at times that vary in nature, but try hitting me up on FB or whatever whenever and perhaps I'll be able to be free.

• Upvote 2

It has been way way too long since we had a proper ATFC skype party, man, don't think we have since 2009. So I very much look forward to playing games with you all and saying nice things about you all on mic. :) So I'm so freaking excited.

I am gonna set down some ground rules just for audio okayness:

1- Please wear headphones or mute your mic so I can't hear my voice echoing through 700 computers (this makes me feel very sick, lol!), and if you type really loudly, please mute when you are typing (Access' keyboard could probably cause on earthquake LOL, and my usual one is pretty fucking loud so I will be muting from time to time if and when I need to type if I am not on a laptop)

2- If you are using a laptop/mac and a USB microphone, please plug it into your most powerful USB socket and make sure that you're not getting a BZZZZZ noise from the motherboard. USB mics require phantom power in some cases and some laptops can't provide it from certain ports so you get the sound of a toaster dying directly through the mic.

3- Windows: sound devices- click your mic and check your levels, if you have background noise cancelling please enable it. Let's try keep static to a minimum, yo!

4- Try not to talk over others cos it can turn into chaos pretty quick.

5- If you are only typing and require attention from someone on mic, please type! I don't want your silent voices to go unheard, so be sure to bug me or otaku if you are trying to say something and we didn't notice.

6- Please mute if you have crazy loudness of any type in the background whilst you are not talking. If my family come in and start talking I will mute, for instance.

If anyone is up for a bit of improv, I can also run a few improv related games. (If you're typing, you can shout out mad suggestions for scenes, ect, and otaku and I will act them out for your entertainment, or whoever else wants to get on mic and hop in. Just note my acting won't be the best, I can't act late at night properly because I have a house full of sleeping people that I can't wake up XDD sO I can't really commit, LMAO. But I will do some dodgey actings)

Or, if you guys prefer, I can also run trivia styled games, where the people who are typing can also play! :)

Or, I can run "Would I lie to you?" (UK peeps know what I'm talking about, ireland peeps probably know too). We'd basically have two teams, teams take in turns for one person to say a fact (truth or lie) and the people on the other team get to ask questions to figure out if it's a truth or a lie. XD

I used to run a lot of community skype games on a larger scale website that I co-owned for many years so I'm totally down for hosting stuff like this that's just a bit more laid back and gets everyone laughing and doesn't require browser games and stuff. Whatever you guys feel like doing.

If we play cards against humanity, we really need to add loads of blank cards btw. Because those are the best. XD

• Upvote 2

If we play cards against humanity, we really need to add loads of blank cards btw. Because those are the best. XD

Pffft... I remember that one time I tailored a blank card with an inside joke of ours and you actually selected it, BWR. I basically won the game because of that. XDD Good times, good times.

Anyways...

From what I've been reading on here, it seems like Saturdays work for most people. I actually found someone who wants to swap a Saturday shift for a Sunday shift, so once we have an official date (ex: July 25) that works for everyone, I'll swap so I'll be available all day... so hopefully it'll be less messy timezone-wise then. XD

So what Saturday(s) work for everyone this month?

2- If you are using a laptop/mac and a USB microphone, please plug it into your most powerful USB socket and make sure that you're not getting a BZZZZZ noise from the motherboard. USB mics require phantom power in some cases and some laptops can't provide it from certain ports so you get the sound of a toaster dying directly through the mic.

And on that note as well if you don't think you have a computer compatible mic, if you happen to have that old relic of a game called Rock Band lying around somewhere, the mic it came with is actually a very good microphone that doesn't take much power either and is compatible plug-n-play with any computer from Windows Vista up. (It's a simple rebrand of Logitech's top of the line microphone from back in 2007)

• Upvote 1

And on that note as well if you don't think you have a computer compatible mic, if you happen to have that old relic of a game called Rock Band lying around somewhere, the mic it came with is actually a very good microphone that doesn't take much power either and is compatible plug-n-play with any computer from Windows Vista up. (It's a simple rebrand of Logitech's top of the line microphone from back in 2007)

YES. Haha. I used to know a professional musician that used the rockband mic to record shit when he didn't have access to a good mic. Those things are crazy good quality for what they are. Flawless with skype, too. Totally comparable to the bottom end of the snowball range.

On the note of Saturdays, I can fit to whichever as long as I have heads up ^^

• Upvote 1

I'm just going to put up a couple date suggestions. (I'm sticking with Saturdays for right now if that's OK.)

Possible dates:

July 25

August 1

August 8

Timeframe:

6:30 pm cst (Otaku, Access) / 7:30 pm est (Takanari) / 12:30 AM gmt (BWR, Mitsuki Nightray, Neku, Feather)

Apologies to all of you who live "over the pond"; I get off work at 6 and I need to shower (I love dogs, but I do not love smelling like them) and eat something quickly. If that's too late for some of you, please let me know so I can figure out another time in for the next day.

I'm going to add a poll for these dates in terms of availability. Please vote.

if its not too late i'd like to hop on the bandwagon!! i love these type of things aha;;

my timezone is -3:30 or newfoundland time when im home, i have honestly the worst timezone i am so sorry omfg

right now im on -3:00 though as im on vacation until around the 29th!

im pretty much available everyday for the next week or so at all times pretty much! i'm flexible aha

• Upvote 1

if its not too late i'd like to hop on the bandwagon!! i love these type of things aha;;

my timezone is -3:30 or newfoundland time when im home, i have honestly the worst timezone i am so sorry omfg

right now im on -3:00 though as im on vacation until around the 29th!

im pretty much available everyday for the next week or so at all times pretty much! i'm flexible aha

It's not too late at all! Don't sweat it.

Gaaah, is it too late for me to jump in as well? I can't make it this Saturday (the 25th) bc I have an English exam I have to study for (I'm doing a summer course), but if this is going to be a running thing I'm pretty much free everyday afterwards! I'm EST btw

Gaaah, is it too late for me to jump in as well? I can't make it this Saturday (the 25th) bc I have an English exam I have to study for (I'm doing a summer course), but if this is going to be a running thing I'm pretty much free everyday afterwards! I'm EST btw

Nuuu we haven't even started it yet!! Of course you're welcome to join in! :D :D :D

It looks like August 1st looks best for most people.

Does that sound OK?

• Upvote 1

So excited for this!!

August 1 is actually perfect??? I would probably be dead if we played today. (Overworked from job: working all weekend is crazy. DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR KENNEL WORK!!!) getting up at 6 AM two days in a row is horrible. I'm not scheduled on Sundays, but I ended up taking someone's shift. XD (at least I "sleep in" until 7 AM.)