Forums
Otaku Ookami

ATFC Game Night: August 1

This thread contains important information regarding ATFC Game Night on August 1. Please read the information below.

Event date and times: August 1 at 6:40 pm CST/ 7:40 pm EST/ 12:40 am GMT. (AKA this Saturday.)

Helpful information for me and BWR:

• Everyone's Broken Picture Telephone username.
  • A confirmation of whether or not you can attend. You can reply to this thread or say so on the Skype thread.
Confirmed attendees (thus far):

• BWR
  • Ariange
  • Otaku Ookami
  • Neku
  • Mitsuki Nightray

Rules:

Audio rules & ettiquette (copied from BWR's post)

• Please wear headphones or mute your mic so I can't hear my voice echoing through 700 computers (this makes me feel very sick, lol!), and if you type really loudly, please mute when you are typing
  • If you are using a laptop/mac and a USB microphone, please plug it into your most powerful USB socket and make sure that you're not getting a BZZZZZ noise from the motherboard. USB mics require phantom power in some cases and some laptops can't provide it from certain ports so you get the sound of a toaster dying directly through the mic.
  • Windows: sound devices- click your mic and check your levels, if you have background noise cancelling please enable it. Let's try keep static to a minimum, yo!
  • Try not to talk over others cos it can turn into chaos pretty quick.
  • If you are only typing and require attention from someone on mic, please type! I don't want your silent voices to go unheard, so be sure to bug BWR or otaku if you are trying to say something and we didn't notice.
  • Please mute if you have crazy loudness of any type in the background whilst you are not talking.
Game rules.
  • Don't be a sore loser. If you don't win a game, don't fret-- I plan to host more of these events in the future, so you will have a shot to win some awards. So no need to feel upset.
  • Participate. This is a good time to get to know members you're not as close with and hear some of us being absolute dorks. None of us will judge you for anything you say or do. If it's silly, it might become a meme on here. It'll be fun making memories with everyone.
  • Be kind. It's fun to tease one another and talk a little trash here and there, but don't go too overboard. If anyone feels like a joke or comment went too far, speak up. You can also message me or BWR on the side if you don't feel comfortable doing so.
  • Have fun. Is this rule cliche? Yes. Do I care? Nope.

Ahh we do that here in Ireland too, me and my best mate constantly call each other b*tches and we will stay up till 2 in the morning ripping into each other. People can usually tell when I'm not comfortable because my tone changes,, so I might o this too guys! I'm just used to being mean in a friendly way...

• Upvote 1

No! I said it to my German friend and she got so upset! She was genuinely hurt. I felt so guilty. Don't think she believed me at first. She caught on though fairly fast >.> The other day, she told me I "Could have replaced the ice berg in the Titanic I was so clumsy" xD

But she'd never heard of it really before that. I just thought it was an English, Irish thing. haha

I love her. She's so funny now. In Germany we used to say "I hate you" to each other" in German, and her stepfather was so concerned, asking me was I sure I understood what I was saying. Hah.

I don't know any french people though! So can't say I know about that.

Know if I ever say I hate you or anything along those lines, it's really a sign of "I see you as a friend/someone I trust/feel comfortable around."

I don't tell people I don't know all that well "I hate you" because I wouldn't be comfortable enough to joke around them.

I will avoid swearing since I'll be at home, where my family will be (plus extra family too what even). But I'll probably be in my room where it's quiet... But wifi is a bit spotty.

i think for now im definitely joining, but i have no idea whether my family will suddenly plan an outing on the day haha OTL though this will be my priority! :DD

as for broken picture telephone, my username is zakicchi 8D

Should still be able to come! Probably will only be typing though.

My username's ariange :)

I definitely won't be able to make it tonight guys so sorry ♥ I hope you all have a fabulously fun night though! Hopefully I can join in next time ^_^Now I'm going to clear all my art supplies off my bed before I fall asleep on the floor

Also, lesson of the night, if you ever want to feel like you're in a horror movie, all you need to do is make Access laugh.

• Upvote 1