Forums
Chiibi

CHIIBI MEETS ARINACCHI AGAIN. LOTS OF NEW INFO AND PICS!!

Mugen%20Photography539-XL.jpg

(First off, most of these pics are NOT mine; because I suck. XD LMAO no really I am NOT good with a camera =3= I went to AFest's official photo page to get 'em. I'll link to that but there are THOUSANDS of pics so I waded through them all to pick out Arina-related ones XD you are welcome aha ha)

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE LINKS TO PICS. I'M STILL COLLECTING THEM. I ALSO HAVE VIDEOS TOO. AND INFO. THIS WILL BE CONSTANTLY UPDATED PROBABLY FOR AT LEAST A WEEK OR SO.

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Chiibi_album/library/AnimeFest%202015

First Day Q&A

Q: Who is your favorite character to draw?

Sensei: Right now, I like drawing Nekota-kun the most.

I asked her: Do you have a favorite part to draw with characters? (i.e. mine is the eyes)

Sensei: I love to draw clothes and hair. I love hair so much; this is why I love to draw girls more.

Q: What part of drawing is most difficult for you?

Sensei: Making sure the face is cute enough. Smiles are the hardest part!

(I FEEL DAT, SENSEI)

Q:What manga inspired you the most?

Sensei: I've read so many! I don't know! I really like Dragonball though. So many series inspired me.

Q: What is your creative process?

Sensei: Stories normally come first. With Jeanne, it was the story, with SDC, the characters, but with Full Moon, it was the title.

Q: Is it painful on your body to be a manga-ka?

Sensei: I go for hand massages once a month...for THREE HOURS. It doesn't always help though!

Q: How did you find time to work on your doujinshi as you have three projects right now?

Sensei: I sacrificed sleeping.

(NO SENSEI, DON'T DO THAT.)

Q: What did you think of the KKJ anime?

Sensei: I didn't think much of it at first. In the end, I was happy that it was made.

Q: Do you study various clothes to draw?

Sensei: Not for the girls. I draw clothes that I want to wear. For the boys, I did research a bit and chose what I thought looked cool. :D

• Upvote 3

Oh ho I AM NOT DONE. XD

I forgot to mention, that during this panel, Arina showed us how she inks Jeanne.

Here are some pics of that

tumblr_inline_nudn43nage1so04jz_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_nudn4q5zHj1so04jz_540.jpg

She was asked what type of pens she draws/ inks with. So....apparently, she uses something called a G pen....and sometimes she uses school pens. (It has nothing to do with school XD) There's another pen she uses, but I can't remember. The interesting thing is, she uses various pens; one which is mainly used for inking shounen manga, along with ones that are used for shoujo manga.

The autograph session was right after that and I got a Mitsuki to go with Takuto to hang on my wall (cause I think he was lonely) XD

tumblr_nudmy3YILD1sji7plo8_540.jpg

Here's me being a dorky fangirl in my self-made Takuto shirt. XD

tumblr_nudmy3YILD1sji7plo2_1280.jpg

Also, SENSEI DRAWS REALLY F*CKING FAST LIKE DAAAAAMN.

A Day of The Life of a Manga-ka

This was the second panel and Sensei shared some info and pics from her personal life.

She said, "I wake up at noon.....because I go to sleep at SIX a.m.! After I wake up, I space out for about two hours. Then I get to work. (everyone laughed) My desk faces my assistants so I can tell them to keep working. I'll keep reminding them we're running out of time. I will send them to get me food. Onigiri is my favorite; tuna and mayonnaise. After I take a bath, I space out again for two more hours. Spacing out is very important for me. (everyone laughed again)"

Then, more questions:

Mine was: When the Full Moon anime was released, did you imagine that's what the songs would sound like...or was it something completely different?

Sensei: I actually didn't imagine them....because I never thought I'd be able to hear them for myself!

After that, I told her that I had been her fan for fourteen years and how much Full Moon meant to me. I said "I could thank you a thousand times but it will never be enough. But I will keep trying." I started to lose my composure so I ended it there and gave her a little Mitsuki doll I made from felt. (I am SUCH a crybaby but the others told me that they were touched and also got teary-eyed; even both of the translators!) Sensei squeed and thanked me for the doll.

11998862_922882214449847_334432534177063

Q: How many pages of manga have you had to do at one time?

Sensei: I had to once do 24 pages in THREE DAYS.

(.....WHAT WHAT I DON'T....BUT...I.....WAT)

Q: What is your favorite alcohol? (everyone laughed at this)

Sensei (laughing): I really like plum wine.

Q: What do you do to keep your drawings of the characters consistent?

Sensei: I focus on a key point. For example, this character may have a wider mouth than others. Things like that.

Q: Did you go to a manga school?

Sensei: No, I was self-taught. But I had to submit my work 12 times before finally making my debut!

Q: What inspired you to write a manga about Jeanne 'D Arc?

Sensei: I studied about Jeanne and just really liked her story.

Q: Did your parents support your career? If they hadn't, what would you have done?

Sensei: They were very supportive. Had they not been, I would have run away from home.

Q: Will there be a Shinshi Doumei Cross anime?

Sensei: There was talk of one a while ago....but it fell through. I don't think there will be one.

All the fans signed (well not all of them, but a LOT of them) signed a big "thank you" card for Sensei. We tied an Elsa doll to it. I was the first to sign it. XD

Mugen%20Photography495-X2_zpsujctpapc.jp

• Upvote 3

"Will there be a Shinshi Doumei Cross anime?"

I think the answer might just kill AriAnge. Just a feeling.

Also, the bit about her running away from home if she couldn't become a manga-ka sounds awfully familiar.... ;)

• Upvote 2

Q: Did your parents support your career? If they hadn't, what would you have done?

Sensei: They were very supportive. Had they not been, I would have run away from home.

I would have run away from home.

I would have run away from home.

PREACH IT!

This is why Arina is great.

• Upvote 1

aaaaAAA screams/ that was so cute to read through im so happy that you got to tell her how much you love her ;v; ) / also that mitsuki felt doll is adorable omf ;;

she has some killer schedule holy cow 6 hours of sleep everyday @_@ though im guilty of less than that on most school days lmao i wonder if mangakas ever make mistakes in their story when they're put under such tight pressures and deadlines ;o; probably not arina since she can work on two mangas at a time LOL who did she sell her soul to

also it makes me super motivated and inspired to hear she never gave up after being rejected 12 times and didnt quit during then ;v;

Also, SENSEI DRAWS REALLY F*CKING FAST LIKE DAAAAAMN.

how long did it take for each autograph? ;Q;?? ????!! i remember the last time you met her and showed us the takuto you got and thinking "doesnt it take a while to draw a character for each person" but then again its arina XD

"Spacing out is very important to me" I can relate Arina-sensei XD

That Mitsuki doll is absolutely adorable Chiibi!

This this make anyone else think of Mitsuki haha?

Pity, I'd like an SDC anime :

"she has some killer schedule holy cow 6 hours of sleep everyday"

A lot or people are actually fine with 6 hours a night, I mean it depends on the person but for me 6-7 hours is the perfect amount and sleeping for 8-9 hours makes me dozy for the rest of the day. Generally teenagers need more than adults as well.

Bwahaha, yes! That's exactly who I thought of when I read that. I tried to allude to that earlier, but I failed in doing so. Still, I'm happy I'm not the only one who thought of Mitsuki, too.

Aaaaahhhhhhh, this is so exciting! I'm so glad you got to see her again and all of this new information is so interesting.

Q: What is your creative process?

Sensei: Stories normally come first. With Jeanne, it was the story, with SDC, the characters, but with Full Moon, it was the title.

This...actually says a lot about the respective series actually! IMO SDC is completely character-driven, KKJ has the most cohesive storyline, etc.

I 100% relate to her on the sacrificing sleep for work and spacing out parts lol.

"Will there be a Shinshi Doumei Cross anime?"

I think the answer might just kill AriAnge. Just a feeling.

HELLO YES I AM ARIANGE AND I AM DEAD NOW YOU HAVE FELT CORRECTLY

Really, though, totally echoing the chorus here when I say that getting official denial is so disappointing D: I mean, we all kinda knew it wasn't going to happen by now, but man is it a shame to hear that there was even a possibility at some point...but that it's already long fell through.

It's, like, making me regret not doing anything to help however many years ago...when I had no control to begin with lmao. It also makes me want to learn more about the "talk" she mentioned--what went against this possibility, how far the pitch got in the first place, how long ago this was going on, her opinion on it, etc. if someone knows any more about this hmu

I still have some minuscule, hopelessly hopeful part of me that still wants a live action adaption, haha. I mean, look at Strobe Edge! That series ended in 2010 (2 years after sdc) and only got its movie this year. And when you remember that SDC just got rereleased recently....MIRACLES CAN STILL HAPPEN. who am I kidding I should just accept these things and move on before I hurt myself even more

• Upvote 1

I still have some minuscule, hopelessly hopeful part of me that still wants a live action adaption, haha. I mean, look at Strobe Edge! That series ended in 2010 (2 years after sdc) and only got its movie this year. And when you remember that SDC just got rereleased recently....MIRACLES CAN STILL HAPPEN. who am I kidding I should just accept these things and move on before I hurt myself even more

I believe it too!!! Miracles can happen!!! Maybe we are both delusional XD But you never know! I mean look at Sailor Moon Crystal, Pokémon Origin, Digimon Tri, nostalgia is powerful and maybe one day it'll be enough to bring us more SDC XD

Bwahaha, yes! That's exactly who I thought of when I read that. I tried to allude to that earlier, but I failed in doing so. Still, I'm happy I'm not the only one who thought of Mitsuki, too.

I wrote that before I saw your comment XD

@Cat-chan:

Aaaah, those are such adorable cosplays!

I wish her works were better known in the US. When I see a character from one of her series, I die inside... and I have to ask for a photo and fangirl with that cosplayer for a solid minute. :'D

Yes! Me too. I saw a Full Moon at Anime Expo this year and when I asked for a photo and told her I loved full moon her friend goes: "see someone didn't ask if you were sailor Moon!"

SENSEI IS HARDCORE. XD

AND CAT-CHAN. THANK GOD. I WAS WORRIED I'D NEVER FIND THOSE. LOL THANKS.

how long did it take for each autograph? ;Q;?? ????!!

OMG I was even wearing a digital watch!! I should have timed it!! But I estimate maybe.....less than thirty seconds? It really doesn't take long! Also, get this; the con staff had a rule to save on time: either ask for a sketch or an autograph. But Sensei signs every f*cking thing ANYWAY Cause she's so fast.....screw that rule. XD

"Spacing out is very important to me" I can relate Arina-sensei XD

EE YUP. XDDDD

LoL YES. This must be the small percentage of her personality that is the same as Sensei's: DAT DETERMINATION TO DO WHAT SHE WANTS.

A lot or people are actually fine with 6 hours a night,

MAN, I AM NOT. If I only get six, I will be kind of forgetful the rest of the day. And I'll probably fall asleep in the afternoon at some point. XD I stay up every Saturday to watch Toonami from midnight to 2 a.m., then I get up for church at 9, then when I get home around 12, I eat lunch and then crash for about two hours! Though I do have low blood sugar and I take a medication that makes me even MORE drowsy....so that may have something to do with it.

Final Drawing Q & A

My question: How did Maron-chan get her name? It seems to be rather unusual for a Japanese one?

Sensei: Maron-chan's hair buns are shaped like a type of chestnut cake. ("maron" means "chestnut" in Japanese.)

Here's a picture of the cakes; you can see they DO look just like Maron's hair buns! XD

http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200710/18/09/d0116009_10452186.jpg

OTAKU OOKAMI, YOU WILL GET A KICK OUT OF THIS

Q: What is your favorite thing to eat in America?

Sensei: Pancakes! But they're so sweet here! I do think the syrup in America is better!

Fans: TAKE HER TO IHOP!! TAKE HER TO IHOP FOR PANCAKES!!

Translator Jonathan: SHE'S HAD PANCAKES FOR THE PAST FEW MORNINGS, ALREADY!!

Everyone: *dies of laughter* :FMMitsukihaha:

Q: I'm curious about Riku and Kai. What's the cutest thing they've ever done and what is the most annoying thing?

Sensei: Riku lifts her head up very quickly when I call her. Kai spends a lot of time in the sink. He's a plump cat. They both always want to play when I'm trying to work! They come sit down right in the middle of everything! So I'll have my assistants play with them.

Q: Which of your male characters would you most like to date?

Sensei: Nekota-kun. He's so nice.

lol sensei, you SHOTACON.

Q: Which of your female characters would you be friends with?

Sensei: Haine-chan.

Q: Which of your works is your most favorite and why?

Sensei: Shinshi Doumei Cross. Because I really like Haine-chan.

Q: How did you end up designing for Idolish 7?

Sensei: They actually scouted me. They sent me instructions on the characters' personalities and I drew them using that. For example,it was very important for one of them to have glasses.

Q: What is your favorite thing about being a manga-ka?

Sensei: I love these international trips!

(everyone laughs)

My question: Will there be a new artbook soon? You've done so much more new art since the last one!

Sensei: It's actually not up to me when they get released. But I hope one will come out soon!

I was very sad to part ways with her again, but my final question to her was:

Did Takuto live with Aoi when he was younger?

"No." she said. "He was at an orphanage."

So yeah, it was a great trip and I'm glad I got to know so many new things. Of course, now I've thought up a bunch of NEW questions I COULD have asked her and didn't and am currently kicking myself. lol

• Upvote 1

OTAKU OOKAMI, YOU WILL GET A KICK OUT OF THIS

Q: What is your favorite thing to eat in America?

Sensei: Pancakes! But they're so sweet here! I do think the syrup in America is better!

Fans: TAKE HER TO IHOP!! TAKE HER TO IHOP FOR PANCAKES!!

Translator Jonathan: SHE'S HAD PANCAKES FOR THE PAST FEW MORNINGS, ALREADY!!

Everyone: *dies of laughter* :FMMitsukihaha:

OH MY GOD NO MAKE IT STOP

I HAVE TARNISHED THE GOOD NAME OF IHOP BECAUSE OF THAT HEADCANON NOW TURNED FANFIC

My little brother wanted to go to IHOP while I was at my cousin's wedding. I made some sort of strangled laughing/choking/coughing noise at his suggestion because I cannot think of IHOP without that stUPID headcanon that is now a fanfic. (Also on tumblr mobile, there was a sponsored post for IHOP.)

I haven't told anyone this yet, Otaku, but whenever you posted an update about your fanfic on the Status Update bar, I thought of IHOP. :)

That's because IHOP was in the fanfic???

Anyways... Going to try to get us back on track here.

That's really strange that Takuto lived in an orphanage during his years singing in Route..L. Not bad. Just strange.

I sometimes question the popularity of Route..L at times. Like... I feel that if they were SO popular, Mitsuki had to have heard about Takuto's suicide attempt?? I'm fully aware her grandmother didn't allow her access to music, but I'm 98% sure Mitsuki had a TV in her room in the first chapter??

on a more humorous note, I'm sure that orphanage was bombarded with paparazzi or something. XD

I also think it is odd. XD

As for Mitsuki not knowing....well, it was probably the same day if not the day right after Eichi died. And Eichi died BEFORE Mitsuki was taken in by her grandmother. So...if you do the math.....

The fact she wants to date Nekota though... Arina-sensei, I love you and your works but please... no. Just no.

It's interesting that she brought up Nekota since that series isn't out in English. I mean, we obviously know about it because this is the Arina Tanemura FanClub. I mean... how many people there are just fans of KKJ or Full Moon as opposed to Arina's works? (Granted, if you're a KKJ fan, a Full Moon fan, or fan of any of her works, you're still an Arina fan. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.)

Not going to bring this into a huge dramatic debate, but realistically, I don't think Nekota will do well in the US. The cousin thing doesn't translate well into US norms, and their age gap is a big no-no here, too. As much as I love Arina's works and want to support her, I don't think I could bring myself to buy Neko if it were to be released herw. However, I'm more than willing to spend some cash on 31 Ai Dream. (So excited for that release. I think it'll be fun to connect it to Full Moon and see what's different and what's similar.)

• Upvote 1

but please... no. Just no.

Hey, she created him!

She can date whatever character of hers she wants!!

I would also date my characters; most of them are under 18 too. XD

I read in a NekoKin artbook that was released with a Margaret issue that Nekota is based on Arina's first love from elementary school.

I squealed when I read that. It explains why she's so attached to him. XD She may possibly be using the series to explore what a relationship with that little boy would have been like! I think it's fine; it is fiction afterall.

Also after learning how much she is a workaholic, I now understand why she's not involved with anyone; she's likely married to her job....and doesn't have time for a serious relationship. I think she's fine with that though. She seems very happy.