Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Otaku Ookami

ATFC Secret Santa 2015

ATFC Secret Santa 2015

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19627-1388782026-14

Well, it's that time of year again, folks. No, I don't mean the time when I whine about the cold weather! I mean Secret Santa!

This year I will be running it since BWR is working very hard on several events on another forum or two and lovely award banners.

(Psst... if you haven't voted for the End of the Year Awards, why are you still here? SHOO, GET OUT OF HERE. GO VOTE! Don't come back until you've voted! D:

Rules
1. Sign up by replying below. Make a list of 2-3 things you like. Do NOT ask for specific gifts.
Good example: Otaku likes KKJ, Chat Noir from Miraculous Ladybug, and dogs.
Bad example: Otaku likes KKJ and needs more fanart of it, etc, etc...
2. Once everyone signs up, I will draw names at random and PM you your Secret Santa.
3. It's time to get creative! A gift can be a drawing, a signature and avatar set, fanfiction, an audio clip, or video! Even a combination of these.
4. Once you're done (and swear to never be creative again) PM me, Otaku Ookami the gift. The subject of the PM should be Secret Santa for (insert member name here).
5. Gifts will be sent out Christmas Day (Dec. 25th).
6. Deadline for gifts is Dec. 20th.

Deadline for sign-ups is December 10th!

Participants:
BrokenWingedRadiance
BlueLionheart
Akari Kichona

TakanariTogu

Samurai X

ATFC Secret Santa 2015

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19627-1388782026-14

This year I will be running it since BWR is working very hard on several events on another forum or two and lovely award banners.

You don't have to whitewash it, lol. I am willing to be upfront about why I'm passing away events.

I gave this event to Otaku because I feel super under-appreciated on here lately and I don't see why I should waste my time if people aren't going to be too bothered about it. That's also why advert calendar will not be happening this year again. I'm on the fence about Christmas cards, I may or may not run that, but like... you guys do realise that I sign in first thing in the morning on Christmas day and sort everyone's cards out (which do NOT stay in the order I put them in in photobucket so having everyone's grouped together doesn't work). It's more than a lot of staff members on other sites would do, I know a lot of sites that just go on a break over Christmas. I do have commitments to other sites on the side, which I always have done from day one, when I started as Staff here I was in the process of starting up a community with somebody which later turned into a big thing, but I was programming on there and actually hand coding stuff and I was the only person who could code, but I still made sure to get all of my events up here. Like for reference, End of year awards takes at least a week to get sorted graphics wise. Like I put my heart and soul into everything that I do here and it's really draining, but it has always felt worth it. Lately, that doesn't feel like the case- and I really don't want to be putting all of this work in if nobody actually cares about it.

It's hard enough to run awards as it is lately, people complain that there's not enough categories and stuff, but there'd be more categories if people were more active and actually posted content. You really can't have it both ways. The reason we used to have so many awards was that we had more content and more people who logged in on a regular basis. The point of End of year awards is to celebrate what everyone has done this year, so I'm not going to have categories that force you to vote for something that was posted three years ago because there's nothing else to choose from. We also have less people voting. So like my hands are tied there, guys. I'm not going to run awards and have loads of categories that aren't relevant, because that's when it turns into a popularity contest or people who aren't even active end up winning because there's no other choices and that can be upsetting to the people who ARE actually active. We have categories like "best art" because people still post art, but there's no point in bringing back awards like "RP of the year" or "Best poetry" because we don't have ongoing RPs or poetry content any more, and then those categories just become filler and that takes away from the meaning of EOYA, which is to celebrate what everybody has done THIS YEAR.

I will sign up, though. First year I can do secret santa myself. xD

1. Ferrets

2. The colour yellow

3. FMWS

It's hard enough to run awards as it is lately, people complain that there's not enough categories and stuff, but there'd be more categories if people were more active and actually posted content. You really can't have it both ways. The reason we used to have so many awards was that we had more content and more people who logged in on a regular basis. The point of End of year awards is to celebrate what everyone has done this year, so I'm not going to have categories that force you to vote for something that was posted three years ago because there's nothing else to choose from. We also have less people voting. So like my hands are tied there, guys. I'm not going to run awards and have loads of categories that aren't relevant, because that's when it turns into a popularity contest or people who aren't even active end up winning because there's no other choices and that can be upsetting to the people who ARE actually active. We have categories like "best art" because people still post art, but there's no point in bringing back awards like "RP of the year" or "Best poetry" because we don't have ongoing RPs or poetry content any more, and then those categories just become filler and that takes away from the meaning of EOYA, which is to celebrate what everybody has done THIS YEAR.

Guys, I know it's hard-- we're all very busy people and have other obligations... and of course it's that time of the year. Busy 24/7, right? I totally get it. But if you could take a moment out of your busy schedules to vote, that'd be awesome.

BWR, I just want to remind you that some of the more active members on here are in school, working, etc, etc... We're only gonna get busier as time goes on. No one here is trying to be unappreciative. I can see why it might seem that way-- I really do. Your feelings are completely valid.

But! If anyone has any input or feedback about awards or ways to reward active users (or know anyone who might be interested in ATFC-- the more the merrier!), PM me. I could even run a forum on how to improve things. (A FORUM ON A FORUM, GUYS. HOW BRILLIANT IS THAT?!)

I just want everyone to be happy, and I'm not really sure how to accomplish that without input from all parties involved here.

Anyways, list is updated to here.

BWR, I just want to remind you that some of the more active members on here are in school, working, etc, etc... We're only gonna get busier as time goes on. No one here is trying to be unappreciative. I can see why it might seem that way-- I really do. Your feelings are completely valid.

Yyyuuup, and when I was in college and also working 2-3 jobs I still made the time to run all of the events that I was responsible for on here, so it goes both ways. It takes like... fifteen minutes of people's time at the most to vote for the end of year awards and quickly participate in a few things, yknow? Where as it can take me weeks to get everything sorted for the awards, especially when I have huge projects on. Heck, the one year I was on tour with a theatre production and also had an upcoming role in a pretty important film that I needed to learn lines for, and I still managed to make time. I go like... above and beyond for this site at times because I want people to have nice things but it's reaaallly un-motivating when people can't take out a few minutes to fill out a voting ballot or participate in events that I spent weeks working on. And it is pretty draining on me, especially with how much worse my illness has been this year.

HOWEVER, me complaining about this seemed to have done the trick because people are actually voting this time, lol. So thank you for voting, people!!

Oh boy did I just almost missed this? Glad I came back in time...hm for stuff I'm into is anything Arina sense I related, Jojo's bizarre Adventure and Touken Ranbu.